Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

2 hours ago, HUNKY said:

It will suck if Carnival (Princess) declares bankruptcy on day 59! ☹️

Surprisingly, I got my full refund from Carnival for my March 21st cruise this week. I say surprisingly as I had thought Princess would come through first. Both cruises cancelled same day. Princess sailing was March 14th, Carnival March 21st. Princess has come through with nothing (I chose option 1 - no FCC and no refundable amounts). Carnival refunded me in full - just over $6000.

• Thanks 1

Since Carnival and Princess both belong to the same corporation I'm glad to hear that refunds are actually occurring.

I wish Princess would let us know what progress they are making.  Something like, "$200 million of $850 million in refunds have been sent as of April 25th, 2020.  Approximately, $20 million goes out each business day."

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Surprisingly, I got my full refund from Carnival for my March 21st cruise this week. I say surprisingly as I had thought Princess would come through first. Both cruises cancelled same day. Princess sailing was March 14th, Carnival March 21st. Princess has come through with nothing (I chose option 1 - no FCC and no refundable amounts). Carnival refunded me in full - just over $6000.

We have received the FCC from Princess last week, but no refund yet. Although, it's good to know that they are making some progress with the refunds, since Princess is a Carnival brand.

Well, this is an interesting change that took place within the last four hours or so:

No refunds/compensation of any kind have come through yet, but my all records of OBC and bookings that were affected by the COVID cancellations have disappeared from my planner.

Has that happened to anybody else?

7 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

Well, this is an interesting change that took place within the last four hours or so:

No refunds/compensation of any kind have come through yet, but my all records of OBC and bookings that were affected by the COVID cancellations have disappeared from my planner.

Yep, same here.  I had a couple of FCD's but no cancelled cruise bonus FCC's earlier this afternoon.  Nothing now.

Wouldn't be nice if Princess is updating and everything was up to date in the morning?  Saturday evening is there typical "upgrade" time.  🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Worldpeek said:

Hubby and I were booked on the Ruby out of Sydney for March 21 to Fiji.  Really glad it was canceled on us due to the outbreak and legal mess with that ship!  We took option 2 and have not received anything yet.  Our TA updates us and Princess continues to tell her "60 days." I have no FCC on my Princess account as of yet and no refund.  Very frustrating!

We were booked on the same cruise as well as the Mar 8th New Zealand on the Ruby..we were told about 60 days from the day you filed your refund/or 60 days from the cruise sail..Either way..we have a few weeks to go.  And tonight all previous FCC that were on my and my husband's accounts are gone.  We also have not received the remainder of our OBC from the Mar 8th cruise yet.  Another words..nada!

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Yep, same here.  I had a couple of FCD's but no cancelled cruise bonus FCC's earlier this afternoon.  Nothing now.

Wouldn't be nice if Princess is updating and everything was up to date in the morning?  Saturday evening is there typical "upgrade" time.  🙂

Just heard from my cousin who was treating her kids and families to spring break Caribbean cruise on Carnival .. the Fascination I think. Cruise was to leave PR Mar 13 and was cancelled as they were in the air flying to SJ.

today she received 2 of the 3 booking refunds back onto her credit card. 
Same CCL parent so folks, there is light at end of tunnel .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, remydiva said:

Just heard from my cousin who was treating her kids and families to spring break Caribbean cruise on Carnival .. the Fascination I think. Cruise was to leave PR Mar 13 and was cancelled as they were in the air flying to SJ.

today she received 2 of the 3 booking refunds back onto her credit card. 
Same CCL parent so folks, there is light at end of tunnel .

I received my Carnival refund earlier this week, too. The Carnival cruise was a week later than my Princess one. Both cancelled same day. Happy to see money back on that one....hoping Princess isn't too far behind.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, joe d said:

This makes me feel a lot better.  I find it interesting that while the advisory changed the date of the advisory did not change.  

I spotted that too,  tried to look back for the "old" statement - I sometimes copy such

things  to read later but could not find it.

So much for transparency and clean paper trail.  Just change it and hope no-one notices seems the order of the day.

Here is another faux pas I like 

10 "If I have an onboard credit (OBC) from a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) on a booking that is cancelled, will the OBC be honored on my next cruise?
A    Ask Customer Relations, the group handling all such cases." 

fromhttps://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/#faq

Wouldnt it have been easier to answer the question? as it is  they could have 200-300,000    people contacting customer relations?     - Well maybe in the US    In the UK  there is no toll free number for Princess.

I believe that if you have not sailed the  FCD  is restored  but not sure about the  OBC  -Anyone able to confirm?

No refunds or FCC or anything here though I have found out that my

application is not being dealt with in the UK it has been sent to the US.

Edited by Aulanis

In my case: FCD refunded as part of FCC , so lost use of it and OBC. I spoke to 2 reps and both said that is way it is now done.  Others maybe getting theirs reinstated. Mine was valid until March 2021. I did not have option 1 or 2. I cancelled day before cruise, which sailed without me 

Edited by dog

On-board credit attached to a FUture cruise deposit was lost in my case . 

future cruise deposit ($100) pp was part of Future cruise credit 

abd I have seen others post that theirs was handl d differently 

Edited by dog

10 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

All of my FCDs including the one applied to the cancelled cruise disappeared last night as did the link to the FCCs that sits above my upcoming cruises.  I had hope that perhaps I would log in this morning and see the FCCs for the cancelled cruise magically appear.  But they were clearly doing maintenance all of that been restored and looks exactly like it has for months. Boo!

10 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

My FCD was returned to my Princess account with the original expiration date.

(One of my FCDs will expire 5/19/2020.  I'm curious to see how long it takes Princess to refund my FCD as per conditions of FCDs.)

Cruise scheduled: Star Princess,  April 29,  15 days booked and paid in full February 26.

Option 2 requested and confirmation email received on March 12 .

FCD returned to my account approximately  approximately April 20.

Credit card dispute filed with Chase April 6.  Still unresolved.

No REFUND, no FCC and no correspondence from Princess.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, as400guy said:

My FCD was returned to my Princess account with the original expiration date.

(One of my FCDs will expire 5/19/2020.  I'm curious to see how long it takes Princess to refund my FCD as per conditions of FCDs.)

Cruise scheduled: Star Princess,  April 29,  15 days booked and paid in full February 26.

Option 2 requested and confirmation email received on March 12 .

FCD returned to my account approximately  approximately April 20.

Credit card dispute filed with Chase April 6.  Still unresolved.

No REFUND, no FCC and no correspondence from Princess.

I have two FCDs that expire at the end of the month which were used on cruises that were ultimately canceled by Princess.  I was informed that these FCDs would go directly back into my bank and the expiration date would be extended.  Now, this is what I would like to happen but, others may just want their money back, which I'm sure could be arranged, although just another step and months more waiting involved.  

I am still waiting on my refund (I chose option 2) for my April cruise as well two other sailings, one for May and one for August.  The one for May was booked and paid for when it was already within final payment.  I, too, filed a dispute with my credit card company for that sailing as it seems ridiculous to wait months more to get a refund when it just reached my monthly statement.  The other two bookings were made so far in advance and one even had gift cards that were purchased quite some time back that I will have to wait for the process to play out on those bookings.  For my April cruise, I've thus far only received my FCCs that were promised.  

Progress....Applied for Option 2 on 3/13 and just found FCC's in our accounts for our 4/19 cruise so they are definitely processing the paperwork.  Haven't see anything on the credit card yet (option 2) but I'm pretty sure it will show up soon.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Progress....Applied for Option 2 on 3/13 and just found FCC's in our accounts for our 4/19 cruise so they are definitely processing the paperwork.  Haven't see anything on the credit card yet (option 2) but I'm pretty sure it will show up soon.  

I also selected Option 2 on March 13 for our 4/25 cruise and have received NOTHING, NADA, NIL...…  and not happy about it at all.....frankly I don't care about the FCC at this point I just want our $13,000 back.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

Sure hope you are right!

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

Well that is good news.  I believe this is the first post I've read for any action at all for folks who chose Option 2 (Lower Value).  My sailing was going to be May 9th (two weeks from yesterday) - was a Christmas gift for the missus, who has been dreaming of it for weeks.  For me.. still crickets... 

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I also chose Option 2 on Mar 12 for April 19 cruise. Just checked again now and nada for FCC, FCD or $ on credit card but you give me hope!

Given that they said in the TA webinar that everyone in the first pause would have their FCC in their account by April 30th, I am hoping that those of us still waiting should see movement next week. This isn't for refund of $$, but FCC would be a good start! I will hold out (patiently) until the 30th but will asking questions if nothing has happened by then...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

Given that they said in the TA webinar that everyone in the first pause would have their FCC in their account by April 30th, I am hoping that those of us still waiting should see movement next week. This isn't for refund of $$, but FCC would be a good start! I will hold out (patiently) until the 30th but will asking questions if nothing has happened by then...

Next Friday, 5/1 … I would be contacting my credit card company for an immediate backcharge for services not rendered 

• Like 1