Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

12 minutes ago, joe d said:

In addition no one seems to be getting a credit card refund.

Exactly!  This is why people are getting more and more frustrated.  FCCs are just a notional amount in a ledger, but where is everyone's tangible refunds.......

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, joe d said:

My mood has gotten worse.  Princess is supposed to be processing claims on the basis of sailing dates but I have not seen anything even either of my cruises, even though my sailing date is earlier than some of those being reported.

Has it been 60 days yet? No.

Until then, I think we should let Princess do their job...from home...and show patience. Their staff is no different than you and me; dealing with social isolation, financial strain, food shortages, line ups, sick/dying friends and family AND trying to get you and me our refunds.

I'm willing to cut Princess some slack given the world is in a global meltdown with so far 2.8 MILLION CoVid cases , 195,000 DEATHS, with the USA leading the pack at almost ONE MILLIION cases and 51,000 DEATHS.

Patience is always a virtue but especially now during the pandemic. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, joe d said:

My mood has gotten worse.  Princess is supposed to be processing claims on the basis of sailing dates but I have not seen anything even either of my cruises, even though my sailing date is earlier than some of those being reported.

I seems you left an important part of Princess' official statement on their web site:  "Processing has begun on cancelled voyages in departure date order. Given the volume and care being dedicated to make sure each booking is processed accurately, it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your choice for a refund or Future Cruise Credit. "

I hope you get made whole soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, remydiva said:

I have to chuckle to myself as I've noticed a CONSIDERABLE shift in moods in the past few days as people are reporting some movement in the process. A FCC here or there, a phone call just now and almost like magic, everyone's moods have improved. The naysayers beating the bankrupt or law suit drum thankfully seem to have quietened down.

Not sure I agree.  An FCC which many of us will potentially not be able to use is no substitute for a cash refund.  I don't see anyone dancing around the maypole because they got an FCC.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Not sure I agree.  An FCC which many of us will potentially not be able to use is no substitute for a cash refund.  I don't see anyone dancing around the maypole because they got an FCC.

Why are you stating many will not be able to use the FCC?  Please check the current Health Advisory PDF on Princess' web site :https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

You should see that the wording about a number III which mentioned underlying severe chronic conditions is no longer there.  That language has been removed.

I hope this makes you feel a little better.  We'll be cruising again when it's safe to around others.

8 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Couldn't agree more.  The damage has been done.  It matters not that Princess will eventually provide the refunds, if they do.  They've already messed up.  As for the magic "60 days" that so many want to defend Princess with, that's a whole lot to process at the 11th hour.  I'm guessing they're very much going to "push a button" then.

Not trying to be contrary but March 12 plus 60 days (not even business days..just days) is May 11....17 days from now.

if its 60 business days, then longer .. into June.

13 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Why are you stating many will not be able to use the FCC?  Please check the current Health Advisory PDF on Princess' web site :https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

You should see that the wording about a number III which mentioned underlying severe chronic conditions is no longer there.  That language has been removed.

I hope this makes you feel a little better.  We'll be cruising again when it's safe to around others.

Thanks for pointing that out...I had missed the updated version.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Just to add to this...(though apologies for being a little off topic), On the Princess webinar I was on yesterday, Princess said that all cruiselines were working in collaboration with CLIA and CDC to come up with ONE universal policy regarding health and safety for cruisers. They stressed that it was important this be seen as a unified response and no single line would have a differing policy. They also mentioned that none of the lines would be using age alone as a factor, since the more that is coming out about the virus, the more info they have that it isn't simply based on age.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have been lurking on this site for a few years now and joined yesterday.  I have been reading all your experiences.  My husband and I should have been on end of week 3 on a 6+ week back to back splurge cruises on the Ruby April 4 from Sydney to Anchorage, where we live.  We had booked all first class air, suite overlooking Sydney Opera House at the Four Seasons.  We had owner's suites and penthouse on the Ruby for the duration.  We submitted our refund choices within 15 minutes of receiving the Princess email saying our cruises were caput.  So yesterday I see a Voyage Goodwill of $605 on my account.  Maybe a fcc for one of the shorter cruises? Definitely NOT for the 29 day first cruise!  We are out close to $50k at least from Princess.  We have booked back to back cruises for late Sept hopefully we can take from SEA-YVR-LAX and on to Hawaii, Tahiti and back to LAX.  I am not yet frustrated with Princess.  I am sure there is no magic button.  On these larger ships  probably thousands to process.  I don't envy them.  I used to be a travel agent decades ago, so I can vouch for no magic button.  We have been cruising primarily on Princess since early 2000.  We have sailed on NCL, Celebrity, but not impressed with either much as we have been with Princess.

Edited by arcticprincess
Description
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I found it amusing how many of the repeat posters were bashing Princess and accusing Princess of doing everything but the Lindberg kidnapping but described

I find that statement amusing I am a repeat poster but feel it should read

I found it amusing how many of the repeat posters were bashing Princess and accusing Princess of doing NOTHING!.

It may be alright for some people , who have  made a claim Prior to 12 March  for a cruise in April and have already had a claim settled  only to start again when they see a better offer, to make light of the situation that others are in.   

Edited by Aulanis

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I misunderstood then … I thought there were only a couple of ships just doing RT Seattle for the 'season'

So far not.  Alaska has been cancelled for season.  However, Princess was going to try to use Emerald and Ruby for RT.  This was only a one day cruise, to YVR, to begin California Coast cruise.  Alaska ports will not open until July, at the earliest.  Our governor did release steps yesterday that went into effect today on getting Alaska open for business.  I have been home since March 5!  This was in my back yard this morning❤️  I much prefer this to the two black bears last night and several others this week!

0A1B0D01-55DC-4522-8081-46096B1E88B1.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, arcticprincess said:

So far not.  Alaska has been cancelled for season.  However, Princess was going to try to use Emerald and Ruby for RT.  This was only a one day cruise, to YVR, to begin California Coast cruise.  Alaska ports will not open until July, at the earliest.  Our governor did release steps yesterday that went into effect today on getting Alaska open for business.  I have been home since March 5!  This was in my back yard this morning❤️  I much prefer this to the two black bears last night and several others this week!

0A1B0D01-55DC-4522-8081-46096B1E88B1.jpeg

Talked  about relaxing instate restrictions, but extended international and out of state travel restrictions until at least May 19.

Edited by npcl

27 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

I find that statement amusing I am a repeat poster but feel it should read

I found it amusing how many of the repeat posters were bashing Princess and accusing Princess of doing NOTHING!.

It may be alright for some people , who have  made a claim Prior to 12 March  for a cruise in April and have already had a claim settled  only to start again when they see a better offer, to make light of the situation that others are in.   

‘It may be alright for some people , who have  made a claim Prior to 12 March  for a cruise in April and have already had a claim settled  only to start again when they see a better offer, to make light of the situation that others are in.   ‘

hi ! I made a claim On march 12 for my April 19 cruise and have NOT had MY claim settled.

I am waiting like everyone else . For me, its for $8000 so please, in no way assume I am making light of others situation; I’m in EXACTLY the SAME situation. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, Coral said:

Yes - still waiting. I have heard from individuals on both of my cruises (I booked it as one, but it was a B2B), even those who chose Option 2 like I did, received their FCC. I have not yet.

And yes, my agent cancelled it before the pause.

Coral,  

Did those other individuals on your cruise who already received their FCC cancel before the pause?   Maybe people whose cruise was canceled by the Princess pause ( versus like us who canceled before the pause) received their FCC first.

I think i use the same TA that you use.  This would have been my first cruise booked through her.   I receive a refund to my credit card within a couple of days of cancelling.

34 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

You left off my word potentially. Could be for any of a number of reasons. 

Leaving out the word 'potentially' was an oversight.  Mea Culpa.  Your response here is pretty vague.  Why do you believe "An FCC which many of us will potentially not be able to use is no substitute for a cash refund?"  I was merely looking to point out that the Princess Health Advisory got revised and they took out the part about PAX with an "underlying severe chronic condition."  I asked the question because if you were basing your post on the now deleted language, I thought it would be helpful to point this information out on this thread.

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

The damage has been done.  It matters not that Princess will eventually provide the refunds, if they do.  They've already messed up.  As for the magic "60 days" that so many want to defend Princess with, that's a whole lot to process at the 11th hour.  I'm guessing they're very much going to "push a button" then.

So even though you eventually receive a refund,  Princess has messed up. 

Tough crowd !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, arcticprincess said:

I have been lurking on this site for a few years now and joined yesterday.  I have been reading all your experiences.  My husband and I should have been on end of week 3 on a 6+ week back to back splurge cruises on the Ruby April 4 from Sydney to Anchorage, where we live.  We had booked all first class air, suite overlooking Sydney Opera House at the Four Seasons.  We had owner's suites and penthouse on the Ruby for the duration.  We submitted our refund choices within 15 minutes of receiving the Princess email saying our cruises were caput.  So yesterday I see a Voyage Goodwill of $605 on my account.  Maybe a fcc for one of the shorter cruises? Definitely NOT for the 29 day first cruise!  We are out close to $50k at least from Princess.  We have booked back to back cruises for late Sept hopefully we can take from SEA-YVR-LAX and on to Hawaii, Tahiti and back to LAX.  I am not yet frustrated with Princess.  I am sure there is no magic button.  On these larger ships  probably thousands to process.  I don't envy them.  I used to be a travel agent decades ago, so I can vouch for no magic button.  We have been cruising primarily on Princess since early 2000.  We have sailed on NCL, Celebrity, but not impressed with either much as we have been with Princess.

!
 ‘W
e are out closeto $50k at least from Princess’

I take my hat off to you for your patience to wait for that much ; for me it’s a fraction but as I’ve said before, given the extraordinary circumstances I am prepared to be patient.
60 24/7 days isnt up until May 11. 60 M-F biz days not up until June. 
All this social isolation is hard on everyone and it’s just SEEMS longer we’ve been waiting .. and we all are disappointed since most of us would have been cruising right now. I think I would have been in the Azores today. 😞

2 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Coral,  

Did those other individuals on your cruise who already received their FCC cancel before the pause?   Maybe people whose cruise was canceled by the Princess pause ( versus like us who canceled before the pause) received their FCC first.

I think i use the same TA that you use.  This would have been my first cruise booked through her.   I receive a refund to my credit card within a couple of days of cancelling.

I had a B2B that was booked as 1 cruise. It would have been April 19 and May 4th I think were the dates. The cruise was for my 50th birthday.

It appears from looking at roll calls (and through emails) - people who Princess cancelled with the pause, they got their FCC. There is one person I know of who cancelled around the same time I did for the first cruise and she has not received anything when she posted a day or two ago.

I still have not received anything (FCC or refund).

4 minutes ago, remydiva said:

!
 ‘W
e are out closeto $50k at least from Princess’

I take my hat off to you for your patience to wait for that much ; for me it’s a fraction but as I’ve said before, given the extraordinary circumstances I am prepared to be patient.
60 24/7 days isnt up until May 11. 60 M-F biz days not up until June. 
All this social isolation is hard on everyone and it’s just SEEMS longer we’ve been waiting .. and we all are disappointed since most of us would have been cruising right now. I think I would have been in the Azores today. 😞

Yes, it is alot.  We are trying to be patient as these are exceptionally tuff times.  We asked for option 2.  Trying to put things into perspective. Our daughter, who has lupus, is having difficulty getting her meds due to what she is on that gives her no side effects, in demand for corona treatment, so she is having flares now. 

1 hour ago, arcticprincess said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  I think you would need to be signed in to read the roll call for your cruise.  There could be helpful info from your fellow PAX booked for that sailing. Might be worth poking around there.