Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

56 minutes ago, dog said:

az irdmom. & mthomp5:

did Princess cancel your cruise or did you cancel ?

I cancelled our May 9th cruise on March 10th, two days before Princess cancelled it.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I cancelled our May 9th cruise on March 10th, two days before Princess cancelled it.

We did the same because we were still in the deposit only penalty timeframe and we knew we would not be going. Of course everything changed shortly thereafter.

22 minutes ago, travelhound said:

Good news, we just got our FCC today, so hopefully that means that we will soon get our refund 🙂

What was the date of your cancellation and date of the cruise? Thanks!!

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

I am wondering if the hold up is for those of us who cancelled before the official cancellation, even though we are included in the mass cancellations options. I say this because, during the webinar, agents were reminded NOT to cancel the cruises as this would affect the FCC creation. Apparently, as Princess goes through to cancel each one, that is when the FCC is calculated, etc so if you had already cancelled then they don't have a booking to "cancel". They did say that they had a team going through all the cancelled bookings to check that none had been missed, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe things are falling through the cracks? I cancelled mine 2 days prior to Princess cancelling, and I believe @Coral is also waiting on hers that was cancelled prior to Princess cancelling. Just a thought, could be totally wrong....

FCC for hubby and me showed up this afternoon for May 9th sailing. We filled out the form (option #2: cash refund + FCC) on March 12th (same day as mass cancelation). FCC calculation appears correct. I’m more anxious for the $8k refund for cruise, excursions, etc.  Looking on the bright side, I’m hoping FCC credit is a good sign that the refund will follow soon. 

Edited by mrsbillyp

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I cancelled mine 2 days prior to Princess cancelling, and I believe @Coral is also waiting on hers that was cancelled prior to Princess cancelling. Just a thought, could be totally wrong....

Yes - still waiting. I have heard from individuals on both of my cruises (I booked it as one, but it was a B2B), even those who chose Option 2 like I did, received their FCC. I have not yet.

And yes, my agent cancelled it before the pause.

6 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I am wondering if the hold up is for those of us who cancelled before the official cancellation, even though we are included in the mass cancellations options. I say this because, during the webinar, agents were reminded NOT to cancel the cruises as this would affect the FCC creation. Apparently, as Princess goes through to cancel each one, that is when the FCC is calculated, etc so if you had already cancelled then they don't have a booking to "cancel". They did say that they had a team going through all the cancelled bookings to check that none had been missed, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe things are falling through the cracks? I cancelled mine 2 days prior to Princess cancelling, and I believe @Coral is also waiting on hers that was cancelled prior to Princess cancelling. Just a thought, could be totally wrong....

That very well could be the case but it doesn't explain why some of us received partial refunds and others didn't receive anything at all.  Is there a rep at Princess you could ask about this?  In the meantime I've put together a document with screen shots of my invoice from my TA, copies of credit card transactions for the cruise, and a copy of the credit card transaction just in case I need it.  The $200 FCD still shows as applied to our cancelled cruise by the way but that is the only evidence of this cruise remaining on my cruise personalizer.  All totaled, I'm missing over $1800.

15 minutes ago, trrn2016 said:

What was the date of your cancellation and date of the cruise? Thanks!!

Our cruise was March 22nd, and Princess cancelled on March 12th.  We selected Option 2, although I am beginning to wonder if we should have chosen Option 1, since we plan to use the refund for a future cruise.

Hi guys,

I submitted my choice (#2) on 3/16/20, got my FCC credit (25% of my cruise fare exactly) to my account this afternoon (not there in the morning).... No cash refund back on my credit card side yet.    Crown Princess depart date 4/25/2020... 

sigh.... we were supposed to be at Athens at Plaka Hotel rooftop bar now...    Cannot believe this is happening....😪

Janet at Houston, Texas

• Thanks 2

I received our future cruise credit of 25% today for our cruise on the Sky Princess which was supposed to depart on April 11th.   No refund yet.   Hoping to get it real soon.   Will give it the 60 days then will decide what to do.   Submitted form the day it came out which was 3/12.   Would have been in Paris yesterday.  😞

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

That very well could be the case but it doesn't explain why some of us received partial refunds and others didn't receive anything at all.  Is there a rep at Princess you could ask about this?  In the meantime I've put together a document with screen shots of my invoice from my TA, copies of credit card transactions for the cruise, and a copy of the credit card transaction just in case I need it.  The $200 FCD still shows as applied to our cancelled cruise by the way but that is the only evidence of this cruise remaining on my cruise personalizer.  All totaled, I'm missing over $1800.

Yes, it is weird.

I think I mentioned previously that I had a client booked on the same sailing as me. I cancelled her cruise the same day as I cancelled my own - the only difference being that I cancelled hers via the online portal that TAs use and I called in to cancel mine since it was booked with a reduced rate. She received refundable amounts to her credit card within 4 days. No FCCs as yet. I received nothing. I spoke to a rep about my personal cruise and she was able to see that the booking had been cancelled and was able to give the $$$ amount for refund and said the difference would be FCC. She gave me the standard 60 day line and could not explain why my client had already received her refund but I hadn't. Honestly, they see what is on the screen and that is it. Today, the webinar I was on specified April 30th for all FCCs from the first batch of cancellations to be completed. If I still have not seen anything by then I plan on calling and following up again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes, it is weird.

I think I mentioned previously that I had a client booked on the same sailing as me. I cancelled her cruise the same day as I cancelled my own - the only difference being that I cancelled hers via the online portal that TAs use and I called in to cancel mine since it was booked with a reduced rate. She received refundable amounts to her credit card within 4 days. No FCCs as yet. I received nothing. I spoke to a rep about my personal cruise and she was able to see that the booking had been cancelled and was able to give the $$$ amount for refund and said the difference would be FCC. She gave me the standard 60 day line and could not explain why my client had already received her refund but I hadn't. Honestly, they see what is on the screen and that is it. Today, the webinar I was on specified April 30th for all FCCs from the first batch of cancellations to be completed. If I still have not seen anything by then I plan on calling and following up again.

Did they mention when credit card refunds would be issued?? Thanks.

My March 29 trip to Hawaii was cancelled and I choose option one.  My FCC was posted to my account 2 days ago.  My credit card has not been credited for the excursions, internet and gratuities I prepaid.

• Thanks 1

One small benefit of the FCCs. Last December I booked my April 11 TA on the Sky Princess directly through Princess and then transferred the booking to a TA for a discount. When the cruise was cancelled I chose option 1. The FCCs I received from Princess (100% and 50%) were based on the original Princess Cruise Fare not the discounted TA Cruise Fare that I actually paid.

I just received a call regarding my hotel and airfare refund from the delayed March 1-8 Regal sailing return to PE.  She needed more information regarding my return flight, so hopefully the refund is coming very soon!  Fingers crossed!!

1 minute ago, bluehengal said:

I just received a call regarding my hotel and airfare refund from the delayed March 1-8 Regal sailing return to PE.  She needed more information regarding my return flight, so hopefully the refund is coming very soon!  Fingers crossed!!

Good for you!  Of course, this demonstrates that Princess is investigating and authorizing refunds individually.  There's no 'magic' computer key that will automatically send all refunds out to a bank as some on here have suggested.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

Good for you!  Of course, this demonstrates that Princess is investigating and authorizing refunds individually.  There's no 'magic' computer key that will automatically send all refunds out to a bank as some on here have suggested.

Agree...no magic click of the mouse given the complexity of many bookings.

I have to chuckle to myself as I've noticed a CONSIDERABLE shift in moods in the past few days as people are reporting some movement in the process. A FCC here or there, a phone call just now and almost like magic, everyone's moods have improved. The naysayers beating the bankrupt or law suit drum thankfully seem to have quietened down.

We all chose Princess for a reason; mine was loyalty and satisfaction when times were good. I have no reason to not trust them now when times are bad.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Agree...no magic click of the mouse given the complexity of many bookings.

I have to chuckle to myself as I've noticed a CONSIDERABLE shift in moods in the past few days as people are reporting some movement in the process. A FCC here or there, a phone call just now and almost like magic, everyone's moods have improved. The naysayers beating the bankrupt or law suit drum thankfully seem to have quietened down.

We all chose Princess for a reason; mine was loyalty and satisfaction when times were good. I have no reason to not trust them now when times are bad.

I found it amusing how many of the repeat posters were bashing Princess and accusing Princess of doing everything but the Lindberg kidnapping but described themselves as 'loyal.'  Boy - with loyal friends like that …..?? 😒

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I found it amusing how many of the repeat posters were bashing Princess and accusing Princess of doing everything but the Lindberg kidnapping but described themselves as 'loyal.'  Boy - with loyal friends like that …..?? 😒

'...accusing Princess of doing everything but the Lindberg kidnapping '

thanks for my laugh today....good one 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, remydiva said:

I have to chuckle to myself as I've noticed a CONSIDERABLE shift in moods in the past few days as people are reporting some movement in the process...….

My mood has gotten worse.  Princess is supposed to be processing claims on the basis of sailing dates but I have not seen anything even either of my cruises, even though my sailing date is earlier than some of those being reported.

In addition no one seems to be getting a credit card refund.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I think maybe you're confusing what some people have said about the 'magic' computer key.  Obviously for those people who have complicated FCC calculations involving refunds that exceed the original charges, then those processes will take more time.  But for people who are waiting on simple refunds from the original amount paid for excursions, pre-paid onboard items like dining, or even just cruise deposits, then YES -- that is a simple 'magic' key stroke.  I work in the banking field and it really is very simple to refund a credit card charge of an original purchase.  For these transactions it does seem like Princess is dragging their feet unnecessarily.  

• Like 6