Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

5 minutes ago, arcticprincess said:

Yes, it is alot.  We are trying to be patient as these are exceptionally tuff times.  We asked for option 2.  Trying to put things into perspective. Our daughter, who has lupus, is having difficulty getting her meds due to what she is on that gives her no side effects, in demand for corona treatment, so she is having flares now. 

You highlight a valid point; others are struggling in different ways. And the drug chloroquine isn't actually proven to help CoVid but your daughter knows for sure it helps her lupus. Such a shame. 😔

9 minutes ago, Coral said:

I had a B2B that was booked as 1 cruise. It would have been April 19 and May 4th I think were the dates. The cruise was for my 50th birthday.

It appears from looking at roll calls (and through emails) - people who Princess cancelled with the pause, they got their FCC. There is one person I know of who cancelled around the same time I did for the first cruise and she has not received anything when she posted a day or two ago.

I still have not received anything (FCC or refund).

It sounds like the people who were cancelled by Princess because of the pause got their FCC but no credit card refund yet (if selected option 2). Hopefully that will follow soon.  I would’ve thought that for passengers who cancelled before the pause should get the credit card refund so it is odd that you haven’t received at least that.   Maybe when you cancelled, they knew they were going to do the pause and offer options1 and 2 so didn’t do the credit card refund right away.  And figured they’d process it when they handled your option selection.  Let’s hope it’s coming soon!

6 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

It sounds like the people who were cancelled by Princess because of the pause got their FCC but no credit card refund yet (if selected option 2). Hopefully that will follow soon.  I would’ve thought that for passengers who cancelled before the pause should get the credit card refund so it is odd that you haven’t received at least that.   Maybe when you cancelled, they knew they were going to do the pause and offer options1 and 2 so didn’t do the credit card refund right away.  And figured they’d process it when they handled your option selection.  Let’s hope it’s coming soon!

I did not receive my 25%, taxes, fees and refunds on air or part refund on hotel. There are those who cancelled after me who also used the same TA who did receive the normal automatically cancellation money (port fees and taxes). 

I actually cancelled right after an email that went out that said those who don't have insurance can also get FCC, those who intend to sail get OBC. The reason I cancelled the day I did was because it was the last day for me to get 25% of my money back. The next day I would have gone into 100% cancellation rate. I was on a different schedule than everyone else because my cruise was 26 days so I was facing 100% cancellation rate when everyone else was at 50%.

I think when I cancelled - they were not expecting the pause, or they would not have sent out the email they did that morning (well, at 1 am). I cancelled because I was ending my cruise in France and they were already starting to close things. They are also close to Northern Italy so I saw the writing on the wall and didn't think Princess would do the right thing and cancel.

I have no clue what is going on.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Leaving out the word 'potentially' was an oversight.  Mea Culpa.  Your response here is pretty vague.  Why do you believe "An FCC which many of us will potentially not be able to use is no substitute for a cash refund?"  I was merely looking to point out that the Princess Health Advisory got revised and they took out the part about PAX with an "underlying severe chronic condition."  I asked the question because if you were basing your post on the now deleted language, I thought it would be helpful to point this information out on this thread.

Death, divorce, job change, family situation change, emergent illness of self or family members, accidents/disability, financial reverses, etc.  Or like we had 18 months ago - a sinkhole rendering our home uninhabitable! Just because we were in a position to cruise in the spring of 2020 does not mean we can cruise when the ships start sailing again, with or without benefit of FCC's.

19 minutes ago, remydiva said:

You highlight a valid point; others are struggling in different ways. And the drug chloroquine isn't actually proven to help CoVid but your daughter knows for sure it helps her lupus. Such a shame. 😔

Yes.  She is a single mom in demanding job as lead detective and hostage negotiator for police.  The drug in question does work in early stages of corona, but not in latter. A leading French virologist has tested this with great success.  But anyway, our daughter is brave.  She is suffering greatly but is being stoic about it.  She lives far away from us and has been a joy for us.  So yes,  this hurts us and we are very worried for her.

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Couldn't agree more.  The damage has been done.  It matters not that Princess will eventually provide the refunds, if they do.  They've already messed up.  As for the magic "60 days" that so many want to defend Princess with, that's a whole lot to process at the 11th hour.  I'm guessing they're very much going to "push a button" then.

Agree also.....we were loyal Princess cruisers but now we will be traveling in different ways and not trust Princess again.  They have lost our goodwill and support we always had for them by this CSR fiasco they created.  

They owe us a lot of money and I for one do not believe their vague excuses and shifting timelines anymore.  FCC's benefit them because they get to keep people's money who may or may not be able to use the FCC's in the future which is a win/win for Princess.  

They were the one's who canceled our cruise, not us,  so they should have been ready to respond with quick refunds for their actions.  They have OUR MONEY and need to give it back pronto and stop with the excuses!!!

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Agree also.....we were loyal Princess cruisers but now we will be traveling in different ways and not trust Princess again.  They have lost our goodwill and support we always had for them by this CSR fiasco they created.  

They owe us a lot of money and I for one do not believe their vague excuses and shifting timelines anymore.  FCC's benefit them because they get to keep people's money who may or may not be able to use the FCC's in the future which is a win/win for Princess.  

They were the one's who canceled our cruise, not us,  so they should have been ready to respond with quick refunds for their actions.  They have OUR MONEY and need to give it back pronto and stop with the excuses!!!

We lost faith in Princess on handling the refund.  In good faith we paid our cruise before due date  and  now they are holding the whole sum.  Spoke with Princess people recently they are acting like it is their MONEY so we will need to wait for our turn so they can GIVE us some of it.  

Princess wanted us to stick with them.  After this we might abandon them for another cruise line.  Their practice proves that they are not trustworthy. 

• Like 2

So I am one of the few who has received their FCC back (and their refund to my debit card). I still haven’t received my check for the reimbursement (Hotel, airfare upgrades, etc..)  but Princess had called and let me know it was approved and on its way. 

Anyway, I say that to give context, today I called my big online travel agent to apply my FCC (that show up in both of our accounts) and I stayed on hold while she called Princess. We have a cruise booked next February that I wanted to apply the balance to. She came back on the line and told me that cruise doesn’t qualify for the FCC. 

The TA didn’t understand why and she got a supervisor who confirmed that not all cruises apply. She (Princess supervisor) said she would research it and call me back on Monday afternoon to be sure. 

It does say on my FCC:

Not all credits are combinable or available on every voyage and/or itinerary. 
Please contact your travel agent or call 1-800-PRINCESS for details.

So, my question is do these credits only apply to new bookings that the price has already been jacked up to make up for the FCC? I did a couple checks next year for things I had looked at before and they were quite a bit more expensive. My February cruise is now $1200 more when I did a mock booking. We did really get a good deal. 

Anyone else who got their FCC run into this when trying to apply it?

5 minutes ago, dearinger said:

She came back on the line and told me that cruise doesn’t qualify for the FCC. 

The TA didn’t understand why and she got a supervisor who confirmed that not all cruises apply. She (Princess supervisor) said she would research it and call me back on Monday afternoon to be sure. 

Can you say what your February sailing is? I am curious how unique it is (or isn't) that it wouldn't qualify. I assumed there would be some holiday cruises or exotic cruises that may not qualify. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, dearinger said:

So I am one of the few who has received their FCC back (and their refund to my debit card). I still haven’t received my check for the reimbursement (Hotel, airfare upgrades, etc..)  but Princess had called and let me know it was approved and on its way. 

Anyway, I say that to give context, today I called my big online travel agent to apply my FCC (that show up in both of our accounts) and I stayed on hold while she called Princess. We have a cruise booked next February that I wanted to apply the balance to. She came back on the line and told me that cruise doesn’t qualify for the FCC. 

It does say on my FCC:

So, my question is do these credits only apply to new bookings that the price has already been jacked up to make up for the FCC? I did a couple checks next year for things I had looked at before and they were quite a bit more expensive. My February cruise is now $1200 more when I did a mock booking. We did really get a good deal. 

What??  This is not very good news!  Can you please elaborate on the cruise in question or is it that is already booked.  It seems like when trying to use the FCCs that are being provided, there are new restrictions that apply.  

I know I tried to use mine to book a sailing ... asked if my PVP could just pull them from my account.  NOPE!  Can't do that.  At this point, I'm just glad I chose option #2 on my canceled bookings.  I still have some FCCs but it's looking as though they are trying to make it difficult to actually use them.  

27 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

We lost faith in Princess on handling the refund.  In good faith we paid our cruise before due date  and  now they are holding the whole sum.  Spoke with Princess people recently they are acting like it is their MONEY so we will need to wait for our turn so they can GIVE us some of it.  

Princess wanted us to stick with them.  After this we might abandon them for another cruise line.  Their practice proves that they are not trustworthy. 

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but the other lines are acting in the same fashion. Some a little better, some a little worse, but not much difference.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Coral said:

Can you say what your February sailing is? I am curious how unique it is (or isn't) that it wouldn't qualify. I assumed there would be some holiday cruises or exotic cruises that may not qualify. Thanks.

I don’t think it is anything special? Seems like they have plenty of openings? 

Hopefully this link works: https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details?voyageCode=G104

It is the Feb 3rd sailing on the Regal Princess in 2021. 

Yes, it is one we already booked (I think in January) and we had just put our deposit down and haven’t made a payment since. On the plus side, our airfare was $1100 dollars cheaper when I checked it earlier today. I re-fared and saved the difference. 

Granted, I can assume that maybe the woman we spoke to didn’t know what she was talking about and I will receive a call on Monday that everything is just fine. 

I try and think positive until proven otherwise.. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, dearinger said:

I don’t think it is anything special? Seems like they have plenty of openings? 

Hopefully this link works: https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/details?voyageCode=G104

It is the Feb 3rd sailing on the Regal Princess in 2021. 

Yes, it is one we already booked (I think in January) and we had just put our deposit down and haven’t made a payment since. On the plus side, our airfare was $1100 dollars cheaper when I checked it earlier today. I re-fared and saved the difference. 

Granted, I can assume that maybe the woman we spoke to didn’t know what she was talking about and I will receive a call on Monday that everything is just fine. 

I try and think positive until proven otherwise.. 🙂 

I hope it is a mistake and you can use it on that trip. People are going to be really mad if a lot of cruises are exempt from using FCCs. I was mentioning to a friend I would wait to apply it until final payment. That was bad advice if it turns out they are counting on it and it won't work. It is not like half the ship is currently booked with FCCs either. Bizarre. Thanks for posting.

Edited by Coral

35 minutes ago, dearinger said:

It does say on my FCC:

When did you cancel your cruise and what was the date of your cancellee cruise? Thanks, just trying to make some sense of this mess??

2 minutes ago, trrn2016 said:

When did you cancel your cruise and what was the date of your cancellee cruise? Thanks, just trying to make some sense of this mess??

My cruise was May 10th (next month) on the Diamond Princess. They cancelled it a few days before the mass cancellation but I filled out my form the same day as everyone else (March 11th or 12th?). 

15 minutes ago, dearinger said:

My cruise was May 10th (next month) on the Diamond Princess. They cancelled it a few days before the mass cancellation but I filled out my form the same day as everyone else (March 11th or 12th?). 

You are very lucky. Our cruise was May 4th and we cancelled March 5. No word about anything except wait 60 days! So frustrating 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Coral said:

I hope it is a mistake and you can use it on that trip. People are going to be really mad if a lot of cruises are exempt from using FCCs. I was mentioning to a friend I would wait to apply it until final payment. That was bad advice if it turns out they are counting on it and it won't work. It is not like half the ship is currently booked with FCCs either. Bizarre. Thanks for posting.

I'm hoping it was a mistake, too. Going back to the original email I received that offered OBC to sail or allowed you to cancel up to 72 hours prior and receive the cancellation amount as FCC, it specifically says the FCC could be used on ANY cruise booked or new. This wording wasn't on the follow up regarding the mass cancellations, but it also didn't say it HAD to be used on new bookings. Would the alternative be to cancel the current booking (assuming it is only in deposit stage) an then rebook as a new booking to use FCC? That would work if price, etc hadn't changed drastically. UGH

Duchessrn - what date did you pick option 1?  What date was your cruise?  What do you mean they applied your refund, did they not refund it to your credit card?

Congratulations if you actually were refunded to your credit card.

We were originally scheduled on the 3/21 Regal and like everyone else have not received our refund.  I'll give them 60 days and then file a chargeback and let Chase deal with Princess.  They can keep the FCC - we no longer plan to sail with them in the future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dearinger said:

It does say on my FCC:

On the cancellation letter sent to all of us on March 12, with cruises booked during the 60 day pause, on the section regarding Option 1 or 2 it says this:

(We hope you will stick with us by selecting Option 1, and give our team a chance to shine at a later date by transferring money paid and accepting a significantly higher value future cruise credit that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. For some, choosing the future cruise credit may not be financially possible, so we have Option 2 that is a combination of a refund and future cruise credit at lower value.)

Option 1 FCC is to cover “ANY” voyage through May 1, 2022.  
I can’t imagine that sentence is only for those choosing option 1, but I guess it could be interpreted that way.  Did you choose Option 1 or 2.

Rather glad we chose Option 1 now if that could be the case.  Seems like a sneaky thing to pull.  
Maybe call attention to that sentence in your argument to use FCC for you Feb. cruise.

Best of luck for a good outcome!

My frustration/concern/worry is that Princess doesn't have the money to refund passengers. The 60 day "processing" time, if true, should mean that some people are getting money refunded back, whether Princess is going in order of when you cancelled, when they cancelled, cruise departure date, etc. 

I am guessing that Princess (and other lines.....I'm also waiting on HAL) is hoping there will be some change in the next 60 days and some cruises will sail, so there is some income. And while I really want that to be true (I have a cruise departing July 25th). I'm not too optimistic.

I feel like the cruise lines are between a rock and a hard place. They're not sailing, so no income. And lots of expenses. If they declare bankruptcy and people lose their money, they won't rebook (obviously).It's hard to imagine what will really happen.

• Like 2

I am still waiting for the cash refund for our cancelled leg of Majestic Princess Sydney to Singapore cruise.  We had to get off in Fremantle on Feb 22..Were told we would receive 50 percent of the cruise price back plus 50 percent of cruise price in FCC.  The FCC came through immediately,  which I applied to an existing booking for a cruise to Fiji in October.  At this stage it looks like Australia will remain with closed borders til the end of the year

so not too hopeful that this one will come off.  Waiting to see if Princess will cancel or amend itinerary to remain in Australian waters.

On line travel agent was looking into the refund but no joy yet. 

15 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Why are you stating many will not be able to use the FCC?  Please check the current Health Advisory PDF on Princess' web site :https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/Health-Advisory-and-Travel-Safety-Procedures.pdf

You should see that the wording about a number III which mentioned underlying severe chronic conditions is no longer there.  That language has been removed.

I hope this makes you feel a little better.  We'll be cruising again when it's safe to around others.

This makes me feel a lot better.  I find it interesting that while the advisory changed the date of the advisory did not change.  

• Like 1