Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

6 hours ago, Bgwest said:

..,In our case, it doesn't matter as we have final payments coming up on other cruises and moving the money from a "holding account" to another cruise is money we'd be spending anyway.

Nevertheless, it's a bit aggravating that they'd decide arbitrarily to create this new class of money storage vehicles. 

I think (no data, just my idle musings) this is why Princess has created the holding accounts.  According to the chart posted earlier, this is only being done for Option 1; people who are getting FCC ‘refunds’ and presumably will be using them to cruise in the future and will thus need to pay cash AKA holding account funds for taxes, fees, air.  

Princess saves the double expense of refunding them as chargebacks to a credit card as well as the future cost of charging these same expenses once again to a credit card whenever the future cruise(s) are taken.  

Option 2 choosers don’t get holding accounts created, again according to the chart.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Option 2 choosers don’t get holding accounts created, again according to the chart.

So far option 2 choosers are not getting much of anything!

They do not seem to be disbursing any cash to speak of, since they have created "holding accounts" for Option 1 folks instead of refunding port charges, etc.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, partybarbie said:

I have not received any monies returned to my credit card, but I am very happy to report that we did receive our FCC credits today.  My fare (less the port taxes and fees) and the 50% Goodwill credit were both there.  My husband's credits were under his account.  Our Future Cruise Deposits have expired, so that $100 was included in the refunds.  We won't be able to use them now, but we won't have to wait for a separate check.  

Our cancelled cruise was on the Coral Princess, departing 4/21/20.  I applied for the credit on 3/12/20, and selected Option 1.  All we are waiting for now is a credit of $395 each for the port taxes and fees.  After reading the prior posts, I can see that this money may never go back to the credit card, but I will be able to apply it to future cruises.  We have two in October (if they sail) so that shouldn't be a problem.

I would like to say that our refund was pretty straightforward.  We didn't need refunds for airfare, hotels, shore excursions, etc.  It was just the cruise fare.  No one called me, or sent an email, but that's okay.  I'm just happy to see that Princess is working on our refunds. 

Well that does sound like some progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

Did you select Option 1 or 2?

There is probably a short answer  which you were expecting but this

is the rather longer version. 

Yes and No !  -  If I told you I'd have to kill you !!     LOL

Princess in their wisdom  (LOLeL  even Louder)  

For most people Option 1  would mean  The HIGHER Value  - ie lots of FCC

Option2 would be  the LOWER Value    Cash and less FCC

However  we were on a cruise that was cancelled after sailing.

We were given a letter and a link to the form ( yes the wrong Post 12th March sailing form)

However in the letter option  which one could interpret as was for the LOWER Value

and  option which one could interpret as 2  was for the Higher value Cash and less

So   Option 1 would mean  cash and some FCC    and Option 2 Lots of FCC

So major trap!!   which box to tick!!

Well  some of our roll call sent off the form( Not only were the options the opposite way around the amounts quoted differed to what was in the letter!.)  Some are still waiting for Princess to tell them what to do.  I did a middle option and  sent off the form so they had the cruise detail but included the letter and  spelled out the option we wanted and asked if that was sufficient.  

The operative at princess Uk came back and sent me another  link to the  wrong form!!  

and a link to the Expenses claim form  ( which we had already submitted) so I politely

asked him to re-read my original application.  Obviously had no idea what was going on

but said he had opened a case with customer relations.  After 2 weeks I asked what that meant - was my claim registered or what?   - no reply  3 weeks on.

The others have not done any better  I asked last week and no-one has anything and

havent posted since to update.

I am guessing we dont fit what it says on their screens so it keeps getting put back

on the pile!]

Similarly we dont fit the" flow" form posted above. Our letter didnt mention Port fees

at all. TBH  I thought as soon as a cruise was cancelled these were immediately

automatically returned to wherever they were paid from. - Sadly in our case our TA 

who  now has a holding reply saying ABTA say they have 56 days to reply, probably

all working from home - they can book you a cruise and take your money in seconds

but anything else 56 days!!

I really, really dont know why princess dont on a weekly if not daily basis say where

they are up to.  Though that would no doubt cause an immediate raft of 

well why isnt my claim moving emails. 

Just now, cherylandtk said:

I think (no data, just my idle musings) this is why Princess has created the holding accounts.  According to the chart posted earlier, this is only being done for Option 1; people who are getting FCC ‘refunds’ and presumably will be using them to cruise in the future and will thus need to pay cash AKA holding account funds for taxes, fees, air.  

Princess saves the double expense of refunding them as chargebacks to a credit card as well as the future cost of charging these same expenses once again to a credit card whenever the future cruise(s) are taken.  

I'm not an accountant but how are they going to keep track of all this?    One cruise is over and all moneys should be paid back so they can close out that cruise.   The next cruise will have different port charges and taxes .   You may or may not have airfare.  It's called a clean paper trail.   No one should have to call to get there money back if the cruise has been canceled.   Now it might take longer to issue credit card payments and that I understand but  I don't understand a holding account that no one from Princess has informed us about let alone how to access it to see what the dollar amounts might be or if they are even correct.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Just spoke to Princess. She said we will have our refund by May 12 since we cancelled March 12. She was very calm and reassuring.

the skeptical side of me will believe it when I see it.

Do you think she is just quoting 60 days out? So if it happens beforehand, you will be happy?

I am guessing. I cancelled March 6th but am included in the pause. So I wonder what that means for me.

1 minute ago, LDVinNC said:

What does "included in the pause" mean?

I cancelled 6 days before they "put a 60 day pause on all sailings" on March 12th.  They then offered the same 2 options for everyone who cancelled since February 4th.

21 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Just spoke to Princess. She said we will have our refund by May 12 since we cancelled March 12. She was very calm and reassuring.

the skeptical side of me will believe it when I see it.

This is good to know. I was kind of stressing as I got my fcc back minus the taxes and port fees on Monday and the other on Wednesday but nothing back to my cc as I’d yet. They owe me over 3 k with everything so I’m getting concerned as no one from our cancelled group seems to be getting any monies back. 

On 4/22/2020 at 8:37 AM, Lyndonn said:

It was my understanding that the 60 day refund clock started when Princess ceased operations on March 11th.   I cancelled on Feb 28th, a cruise scheduled to depart on Apr 14th and I was refunded back to my credit card everything except the non-refundable penalty amount...which I filed a claim with AON insurance.  Then Princess cancelled all cruises through mid May, so I filed for Princess Option 2 refund plan and AON closed my claim.  The 60 day refund clock may begin on March 20th for me when I selected the Option Plan 2 or it could be March 11th when Princess ceased operations.  To be honest, I'm not sure anymore? 

What are your thoughts?

Good luck to everyone.  

I am in the same situation as you.  I canceled 2/25 for a 3/28 cruise so was in penalty period.  I received a refund to my credit card everything except the penalty within a couple of days.  I spoke with someone in Customer Relations who said that since Princess canceled cruises because of the 60 day pause, I qualified for either option 1 or 2 since my cruise fell in that window.

Like you, I chose option 2.  I haven’t seen anything beyond the initial refund to my credit card.  I spoke with Customer Relations last week and she told me 60:days from my cruise.  She said if I didn’t see the FCC by 5/31 to call her.  Maybe ours will take longer since we canceled before the pause but still fall under the option 1 and 2 refund.

4 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

I am in the same situation as you.  I canceled 2/25 for a 3/28 cruise so was in penalty period.  I received a refund to my credit card everything except the penalty within a couple of days.  I spoke with someone in Customer Relations who said that since Princess canceled cruises because of the 60 day pause, I qualified for either option 1 or 2 since my cruise fell in that window.

Like you, I chose option 2.  I haven’t seen anything beyond the initial refund to my credit card.  I spoke with Customer Relations last week and she told me 60:days from my cruise.  She said if I didn’t see the FCC by 5/31 to call her.  Maybe ours will take longer since we canceled before the pause but still fall under the option 1 and 2 refund.

Thanks for sharing - that's very positive news.  We are in a similar situation in that we cancelled just before the pause, got a partial refund immediately, chose "option 2", and then crickets about the FCC.  How were you able to speak to Customer Relations?  Had you sent an email about your situation or were you transferred when you called the general number?  If email, when did you send it?  I was considering sending an email to them but thought that they are probably slammed and may not be able to respond for a while (if ever).

2 hours ago, waltd said:

I I don't understand a holding account that no one from Princess has informed us about let alone how to access it to see what the dollar amounts might be or if they are even correct.  

I feel your pain. 

You cannot access your "holding account" without contacting Princess and asking an agent. They will look your account up using your last name. 

I was told that it shouldn't take more than 5 business days to get the account set up after receipt of the FCC for a given cancellation. I have that day marked on my calendar to call Princess and inquire about my holding account and how much is in that account. 

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Thanks for sharing - that's very positive news.  We are in a similar situation in that we cancelled just before the pause, got a partial refund immediately, chose "option 2", and then crickets about the FCC.  How were you able to speak to Customer Relations?  Had you sent an email about your situation or were you transferred when you called the general number?  If email, when did you send it?  I was considering sending an email to them but thought that they are probably slammed and may not be able to respond for a while (if ever).

I emailed Customer Relations on 3/6 when the Temporary Cancellation Policy came out (before the 60 Day pause) to ask if I could qualify for the FCC for the penalty I was charged.  Basically, asking if the temporary cancellation policy could apply to me.

Someone from Customer Relations called me on 3/9 and told me that my cruise fell under the temporary cancellation policy and that they would be doing a sweep for the cruises that fell in that  period but that were already canceled.  She was very nice to give me her name and direct extension.

Then option 1 and 2 came out and I selected option 2 in mid March.   I called the Customer Relations person last week to check on status and she told me to wait 60 days from my sail date which was 3/28.  To call her if I didn’t see anything by 5/31.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

I emailed Customer Relations on 3/6 when the Temporary Cancellation Policy came out (before the 60 Day pause) to ask if I could qualify for the FCC for the penalty I was charged.  Basically, asking if the temporary cancellation policy could apply to me.

Someone from Customer Relations called me on 3/9 and told me that my cruise fell under the temporary cancellation policy and that they would be doing a sweep for the cruises that fell in that  period but that were already canceled.  She was very nice to give me her name and direct extension.

Then option 1 and 2 came out and I selected option 2 in mid March.   I called the Customer Relations person last week to check on status and she told me to wait 60 days from my sail date which was 3/28.  To call her if I didn’t see anything by 5/31.  

Thanks for the quick update.  You are very fortunate to have started this dialogue prior to the announcement of the pause when their volume of emails increased significantly.  Hope you will continue to share any updates here!

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Thanks for the quick update.  You are very fortunate to have started this dialogue prior to the announcement of the pause when their volume of emails increased significantly.  Hope you will continue to share any updates here!

Yes, it’s nice having a contact person that I can call.  She has been responsive.  Last week when I called and left a message, she returned my call the next day.  

Definitely will share updates!  Hopefully, I will have a good one to share by the end of next month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aulanis said:

We were given a letter and a link to the form ( yes the wrong Post 12th March sailing form)

However in the letter option  which one could interpret as was for the LOWER Value

and  option which one could interpret as 2  was for the Higher value Cash and less

So   Option 1 would mean  cash and some FCC    and Option 2 Lots of FCC

So major trap!!   which box to tick!!

They probably switched those options around since you all drive on the left.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Definitely will share updates!  Hopefully, I will have a good one to share by the end of next month.

az irdmom. & mthomp5:

did Princess cancel your cruise or did you cancel ?

2 minutes ago, dog said:

az irdmom. & mthomp5:

did Princess cancel your cruise or did you cancel ?

Hi Dog,

i canceled our 3/28 cruise on 2/25.  Got too nervous after everything that happened on the Diamond.  

• Thanks 1

Just got off a Princess webinar. They believe all FCCs for the initial 60 day pause in sailings will be complete by April 30th, providing you have submitted your choice of option 1 or 2. Still giving the "up to 60 days" for refunds. The holding account is definitely a thing for those that chose option 1 (still not sure why it wasn't communicated) and will be for taxes/port expenses/PVP/EZ Air refundable amounts. These monies can be used toward a deposit and port fees, etc on a new booking (implemented this way so people wanting to make a new booking did not have to put out money for a deposit). The holding account WILL be refunded if requested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

Just got off a Princess webinar. They believe all FCCs for the initial 60 day pause in sailings will be complete by April 30th, providing you have submitted your choice of option 1 or 2. Still giving the "up to 60 days" for refunds. The holding account is definitely a thing for those that chose option 1 (still not sure why it wasn't communicated) and will be for taxes/port expenses/PVP/EZ Air refundable amounts. These monies can be used toward a deposit and port fees, etc on a new booking (implemented this way so people wanting to make a new booking did not have to put out money for a deposit). The holding account WILL be refunded if requested.

Thanks for the information. Did they discuss those that were cancelled before the options were offered? We were supposed to be on the Feb 13 Sapphire cruise and were told we would receive a full refund and 100% cruise credit. 50% credit was given at the time of cancellation, but nothing since then. Our TA is still giving us the 60 day time frame.

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They probably switched those options around since you all drive on the left.  😁

That figures - although only a handful of BRITS, most were  Aussies and Kiwi

so plenty of us to trick!

2 minutes ago, lhall85917 said:

Thanks for the information. Did they discuss those that were cancelled before the options were offered? We were supposed to be on the Feb 13 Sapphire cruise and were told we would receive a full refund and 100% cruise credit. 50% credit was given at the time of cancellation, but nothing since then. Our TA is still giving us the 60 day time frame.

No, they only covered the two mass cancellations....sorry!