Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

6 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I'm not sure if this will still work, it is more for before the cruise but give it a try, you have nothing to lose. 

Go to "Login", there are two options. Choose the option on the right. Enter the name, birthdate and booking number. Good Luck.

Let us know if you have any luck.

That would be a negative.  Even though I input my kids' birth dates, it is telling me "birth year is required."  So I am thinking because they are minors, it won't let me use their birth dates and thus I can't "see" their cruise credits without them having their own Princess account (and I doubt they could even have their own accounts if Princess won't let me input their birth dates).  Thanks for the suggestion though.

It was my understanding that the 60 day refund clock started when Princess ceased operations on March 11th.   I cancelled on Feb 28th, a cruise scheduled to depart on Apr 14th and I was refunded back to my credit card everything except the non-refundable penalty amount...which I filed a claim with AON insurance.  Then Princess cancelled all cruises through mid May, so I filed for Princess Option 2 refund plan and AON closed my claim.  The 60 day refund clock may begin on March 20th for me when I selected the Option Plan 2 or it could be March 11th when Princess ceased operations.  To be honest, I'm not sure anymore? 

What are your thoughts?

Good luck to everyone.  

3 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

For those who needed to fill out the online cancellation form for cruises canceled after 5/10, did we only need to fill out 1 form per stateroom? Or does each person in the stateroom need to fill out his/her own form?

One per booking number.

• Like 1

Has anyone who selected Option 2 seen their FCCs posted yet?  It seems like everyone who has posted about receiving FCCs selected Option 1.  Someone on FB indicated that she just got FCCs for a May 9th cruise so I'm wondering if they are done with those.  And it will be interesting to see if the same folks see the refunds appear in a couple days.

21 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Has anyone who selected Option 2 seen their FCCs posted yet?  It seems like everyone who has posted about receiving FCCs selected Option 1.  Someone on FB indicated that she just got FCCs for a May 9th cruise so I'm wondering if they are done with those.  And it will be interesting to see if the same folks see the refunds appear in a couple days.

They aren't done with option 1 yet - I chose option 1 for my March 14th sailing and so far no FCC and non refundable amounts back. I am giving them until Friday, which will mark day 45 since I submitted the form. If nothing by then, I plan on calling. I would be happy to wait 60 days if they hadn't stated that they were going by sailing date and now people with dates way later than mine are being reimbursed.  I DID get my full refund from Carnival for my Carnival cruise on March 21st yesterday - the refund was dated March 28th and didn't show at the top of my statement. I knew it had come through as my balance due had dropped, so went through to look. Nothing from Princess.

22 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We selected option 2, and we received our FCC yesterday late. If you scroll up, you will see that a few others have reported the same.  But no refund to my cc yet (just checked).  Ours was a March 22 sailing, cancelled by Princess on 3/12.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lyndonn said:

It was my understanding that the 60 day refund clock started when Princess ceased operations on March 11th.   I cancelled on Feb 28th, a cruise scheduled to depart on Apr 14th and I was refunded back to my credit card everything except the non-refundable penalty amount...which I filed a claim with AON insurance.  Then Princess cancelled all cruises through mid May, so I filed for Princess Option 2 refund plan and AON closed my claim.  The 60 day refund clock may begin on March 20th for me when I selected the Option Plan 2 or it could be March 11th when Princess ceased operations.  To be honest, I'm not sure anymore? 

What are your thoughts?

Good luck to everyone.  

According to Princess' web site:  "it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your choice for a refund or Future Cruise Credit. "

54 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

They aren't done with option 1 yet - I chose option 1 for my March 14th sailing and so far no FCC and non refundable amounts back. I am giving them until Friday, which will mark day 45 since I submitted the form. If nothing by then, I plan on calling. I would be happy to wait 60 days if they hadn't stated that they were going by sailing date and now people with dates way later than mine are being reimbursed. 

Nothing has said they are doing only Option 1 first.

24 minutes ago, tntornadox said:

Yes. I can't speak to the port taxes and fees. I paid with a Princess gift card and am trying to hunt down the number to check the balance.

My cruise was canceled on March 4 for a March 7 sailing and nothing to my Princess gift card.  I was first told it would go back to card and then told that they would send me another card.  I have even read that in the past, people were sent checks.  I check my gift card often, but nothing so far.

We were booked on the March 21, 2020 sailing of Royal Princess.  We selected Option 2 and just received our FCC in our accounts yesterday.  No sign of $$ yet, but I remain optimistic.  At least there is some movement.  Keep the faith!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Coral said:

Nothing has said they are doing only Option 1 first.

No, I don't believe they are either. I was clarifying for someone else that had wondered if they were maybe done with processing option 1 folks and moving on too option 2. I was option 1 and nada....

20 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

No, I don't believe they are either. I was clarifying for someone else that had wondered if they were maybe done with processing option 1 folks and moving on too option 2. I was option 1 and nada....

Got it 🙂 

1 hour ago, mbglib said:

My cruise was canceled on March 4 for a March 7 sailing and nothing to my Princess gift card.  I was first told it would go back to card and then told that they would send me another card.  I have even read that in the past, people were sent checks.  I check my gift card often, but nothing so far.

I am waiting on a partial refund to a gift card (for leftover monies that had been converted to onboard credit).  I initially cancelled shore excursions and prepaid gratuities that had been paid with gift cards on my own prior to Princess cancelling the cruise.  Those monies were refunded immediately.  And after the cruise was cancelled, I called Princess about the onboard credit going back on my gift card.  I have been given varying stories, the latest of which is that since the cruise was cancelled, that money will now be refunded with the money for the cruise itself (we selected option 2).  I have not been refunded for the cruise itself yet, but when I do receive that, I will make sure I got the refund for the purchased OBC too.

Our cruise was May 4.

We chose Option 1.

Our FCC was put in sometime in the last couple hours!  AND it is right.   YAY!!!!!  

Our EZ air and Government Fees are suppose to be a holding account attached to the Booking # as

there is nothing about that under the FCC.  

Hope they send out something that tells that, but a Princess Representative assures me she wrote it all

in our cancelled booking and new booking on September 25, which I still have hope may go.

Hope you all see something soon! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ROWSE said:

Our cruise was May 4.

We chose Option 1.

Our FCC was put in sometime in the last couple hours!  AND it is right.   YAY!!!!!  

Our EZ air and Government Fees are suppose to be a holding account attached to the Booking # as

there is nothing about that under the FCC.  

So I was on the cruise before yours (April 19) and your sailing. I chose option 2. I don't have anything yet in my account. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Congrats!

Edited by Coral

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

So I was on the cruise before yours (April 19) and your sailing. I chose option 2. I don't have anything yet in my account. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Congrats!

My fingers are crossed for you!  It was wonderful to see something on that Circle Savings Account area on the Personalizer when I went to check instead of nothing!!!!   

Your stuff is pretty complicated so I bet they are making extra sure they get it right. 😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ROWSE said:

My fingers are crossed for you!  It was wonderful to see something on that Circle Savings Account area on the Personalizer when I went to check instead of nothing!!!!   

Your stuff is pretty complicated so I bet they are making extra sure they get it right. 😃

My agent called a few weeks ago to make sure my amount was correct and they had the right amount for a refund. Just glad to hear those on my sailings are seeing movement!!!!! Hope your September cruise is a go!

• Like 2