Did anyone else get a thanks for being a loyal guest e-mail?

ontheweb

I assume that I received this because we have a Princess cruise booked for late July as opposed to the few Princess cruises that we have taken. 

It states that Princess has been tested and is now suspending cruises for 60 days. Also they are proud of everything done for the passengers on the wo infected ships.

It ends with PLEASE STICK WITH US (my emphasis since I think this is the purpose of the e-mail to hope to hold onto booked customers.)

• Like 1

Got it today after we decided on choice #1. Than found the thread that talks about having to have a Dr. sign off that you are healthy enough to cruise. We are both over 70. Find it hard to believe the a Dr. would take that responsibility. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

We too like to stick with Princess and have already a cruise booked. However, as we are in our late seventy/early eighty we probably are going to be out of luck if Princess implements the "over 70 medical clause". I think that NO doctor in her/his right mind is going to sign the "good to travel" form because of the legal consequences if something goes wrong with the cruiser.

JMHO of course, time will tell.

Theo

• Like 1

I really think Princess got the raw end of the deal on this whole health fiasco.  It could have very well happened to any cruise line and even though it did hit others, Princess received the bulk of the negative press.  Everybody shared their ideas on how it should be handled.  Stressful times, for sure.  

And yes, we received the email and I have no intention on cancelling any of my upcoming cruises with Princess.  I have two booked for this year and another two booked for the next 2 years.  Plan on going on them all!! 

• Like 5

We both received the emails today, and have no plans of straying from Princess. They are our cruise line of choice.

Yesterday, my TA took the time to re-fare our 3 future cruises. It's seems the "Best Sale Ever" isn't really the best, as the prices went down a bit with "Princess Plus".

• Like 2

Didn't get an email and we have over 40 cruises with them and more booked this year.  Oh well, guess we are not important.  Won't stop us from cruising with them unless we can't get a doctor to sign off on my husbands health.

It is an email from the CEO Jan Swartz.  She wants you to hang in there and stay with Princess.  They will be going thru some trying times.

Princess has been tested recently in ways we could have never imagined, which led us to make the unprecedented decision to enact a voluntary 60-day pause of our global ship operations.

We took this action to protect you and all of our guests, as well as our crew. Because we believe people come first. You may be concerned about what the future holds for Princess, and I understand that. These are uncertain times.

But I’d like to share with you what I’ve experienced.

I have been inspired by the way our teammates aboard Diamond Princess® and Grand Princess® have gone above and beyond to care for our guests and each other.

How our people at sea and ashore have come together, working long hours and yet continuing to ask “What more can I do to help?”

How our guests have sent more messages of encouragement than I can count—words that made me more resolved than ever to make sure Princess comes through this even stronger.

I have only one request of you: Stick with us.

You’re the reason why we do what we do. We’re not going anywhere. We’re just taking a moment to make sure we do things right.

As you can imagine, our call center is pretty busy right now, so we ask your patience as we try to make sure everyone is taken care of in the best way possible.

Edited by AF-1

1 hour ago, ICANDIGIT said:

Got it today after we decided on choice #1. Than found the thread that talks about having to have a Dr. sign off that you are healthy enough to cruise. We are both over 70. Find it hard to believe the a Dr. would take that responsibility. Fingers crossed.

People have already been told by their physicians that they will not or be permitted to

sign a letter like that. Too much liability! DH is over 70.

So funny... I know many under 70 who should NOT be cruising but they will get by due to the

age factor.

• Like 1

I got the email but it was to an older email address.  Not sure how they have that address, must have used it a long time ago.

I went to My Profile on Princess site and chose Edit to change my email address. It shows my current primary email address but it says 'This email address is not available. Please provide another email address for your account.  I retype my address but get the same message.

OK I changed to a different email address and it was accepted, then changed back to my preferred address and it was accepted.

My point is to those not receiving the email, to check your Profile and be sure email is correct.

Just got confirmation from Princess that my account details had been updated.

Edited by Tedferg

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I assume that I received this because we have a Princess cruise booked for late July as opposed to the few Princess cruises that we have taken. 

It states that Princess has been tested and is now suspending cruises for 60 days. Also they are proud of everything done for the passengers on the wo infected ships.

It ends with PLEASE STICK WITH US (my emphasis since I think this is the purpose of the e-mail to hope to hold onto booked customers.)

This will have gone to all Captain's Circle members.

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I got the email but it was to an older email address.  Not sure how they have that address, must have used it a long time ago.

I went to My Profile on Princess site and chose Edit to change my email address. It shows my current primary email address but it says 'This email address is not available. Please provide another email address for your account.  I retype my address but get the same message.

Suggest you call in sometime when the mad rush has subsided.  That error sounds like your main email address is associated with another CC Member Id.  Perhaps a service rep can get to bottom of it.  It could be that others not receiving email have some old email address on profile?