Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

Pacific Explorer has gone walkabout into Coral Sea.

Queen Elizabeth has just taken a BNE pilot.

Pac. Dawn has also gone east from Caloundra for some exercise.

Sea Princess just returning to Mooloolaba area.

Sun Princess enjoying Gold Coast.

Golden Princess has departed Port Phillip & heading east.

MSC Magnifica has reached Sri Lankan coast.

Amsterdam is anchored Durban.

Ruby Princess has berthed at Port Kembla.

Carnival Spirit is still at Grain Berth in Brisbane.

Edited by SeaDog-46
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

A grab from Miami showing the parked up cruise ships filling the docks . Hard to tell the ships from the apartments .😀

15121C0A-E7F2-4CEB-9CB1-A36CD7552B2A.jpeg.561a1e6382b67ea793bf5d636fc7a71b.jpeg

That is an incredible photo, David.  I always said those mega ships looked like a block of flats!  The largest ship I've cruised on, MSC Poesia, had 3,000 passengers from memory and I thought it was huge.  Decided no more!

Miami is lucky it has Miami Beach.

16 minutes ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Queen Elizabeth has just taken a BNE pilot.

Saw Queen Elizabeth earlier way out on the horizon passing Maroochydore/Mooloolaba.  Very hazy today, but distinctive shape was obvious and she was where Marine Traffic said she would be.  Now showing to be off Caloundra.  

Thanks to all who post on this thread especially OP Kiwi_cruiser.

• Like 1

Maybe P&O Au ships may meet up in QLD and do a crew transfer like the others to get crew home. Aria is still on her way to Melb.   However Station Pier is slated to undergo major structural and repair works on the pylons this winter (previously organised to be during the off season) only the Spirit of Tasmania will be able to use it.  We are now at the end of what would have been our cruising season down here.

Had Golden been on her normal itinerary today would have been her last turnaround visit for the year prior to heading to Alaska.

I noticed just now on Cruise Mapper that Golden Princess is now being referred to as P&O Pacific Adventure. I guess it was about now she was to be transferred to P&O. 

Leigh

9 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I noticed just now on Cruise Mapper that Golden Princess is now being referred to as P&O Pacific Adventure. I guess it was about now she was to be transferred to P&O. 

Leigh

Golden Princess has/had a full schedule of sailings over the upcoming months. I understood the transfer was to take place in October. So who knows where Cruise Mapper gets it info from.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

Maybe since there will be no Alaskan season she will be passed over earlier (was to be Sept or Oct from memory).  Would make sense since I can't see the next summer season going ahead in its current form if at all.  Perhaps retire Pac  Dawn and Aria earlier than planned.

3 hours ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Sun Princess enjoying Gold Coast.

Yes, I have been watching the Sun Princess slowly cruising up and down from our high-rise apartment at Broadbeach. It's been doing the same loop on ship tracker for the last couple of days with the note: Awaiting orders. Now it is going north and tracking further out to sea. Maybe finally it has been given permission to head to Gladstone, as it was supposed to get there on April 4th (2 days ago).

It appears the Queensland government has allowed these ships to come here after being expelled from NSW. Maybe our state government wants to get in good with the cruise companies especially as they have almost finished the new port near the airport for the larger cruise ships.

Brian

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bvm49 said:

Maybe our state government wants to get in good with the cruise companies especially as they have almost finished the new port near the airport for the larger cruise ships.

Brian

You could be right . Qld is prepared to invest a lot in cruising . Perhaps Brisbane will become the hub and the ships will avoid Sydney as they are no longer welcome there .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

Golden Princess has/had a full schedule of sailings over the upcoming months. I understood the transfer was to take place in October. So who knows where Cruise Mapper gets it info from.

11 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

You could be right . Qld is prepared to invest a lot in cruising . Perhaps Brisbane will become the hub and the ships will avoid Sydney as they are no longer welcome there

She may go to Singapore earlier for her P&O fit out and then go back to Brisbane or perhaps spend some time in Brisbane before heading to Singapore.

18 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Maybe since there will be no Alaskan season she will be passed over earlier (was to be Sept or Oct from memory).  Would make sense since I can't see the next summer season going ahead in its current form if at all.  Perhaps retire Pac  Dawn and Aria earlier than planned.

It will be interesting to see if she does replace Pacific Dawn and Aria earlier, although probably not too early as cruising will not resume for quite awhile. 

27 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

You could be right . Qld is prepared to invest a lot in cruising . Perhaps Brisbane will become the hub and the ships will avoid Sydney as they are no longer welcome there .

When restrictions loosen, the government will be keen for tourists to return, and the ships will return to the primary source and destination market as well. This is just commercial reality.

Brian I think you maybe right too.

Better TV reception / mobil phone reception off the Gold Coast - maybe.

Many of the ships have AIS Gladstone but only QE was there as far as I could find.

• Like 1

A lot has changed over the weekend 😮

Royal Caribbean ships have now left Sydney / New South Wales  😞

Spectrum Of The Seas:

Is currently of Rainbow Beach / Frazer Island on her way to Bali.

spectrumoftheseas06042020.jpg

Radiance of The Seas:

Is currently off Princetown on her way to Singapore.

radianceoftheseas06042020.jpg

Voyager Of The Seas:

Is currently in the Bass Strait of Melbourne on her way to Bali.

voyagerofheseas06042020.jpg

Ovation of the Seas:

Is currently in the Bass Strait of Melbourne on her way to Bali.

ovationoftheseas06042020.jpg

Celebrity Solstice:

Is currently of Port Albert on her way to Singapore.

celebritysolstice06042020.jpg

Here is what the rest of the fleet is up to in Queensland and New South Wales:

Pacific Aria:

Has left Adelaide and is on her way to Melbourne:

pacificaria06042020.jpg

pr06042020.jpg

Pacific Dawn & Pacific Explorer:

They have both gone to sea and is currently out of AIS range.... It will be interesting to see if they come back in range.....

pd06042020.jpg

Sun Princess:

Is currently of Moreton Island, Going to what marine traffic is saying she is heading for the Bismark Sea....  🤔 😕

seaprincess0604202002.jpg

Sea Princess:

Is currently of the Sunshine Coast:

seaprincess06042020.jpg

Carnival Spirit:

Is currently of Bribie Island.

carnivalspirit0604202002.jpg

Carnival Splendor:

Is currently of Fraser Island:

carnivalsplendor0604202002.jpg

Queen Elizabeth:

Currently docked in Brisbane:

queenelizabeth06042020.jpg

qel0604202002.jpg

Ruby Princess:

Has docked in Port Kembla:

ru-bridge06042020.jpg

Golden Princess:

Has left Melbourne, unsure where she is heading to .... :

goldenprincess06042020.jpg

goldenprincess0604202002.jpg

golden-bridge06042020.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Golden Princess has changed direction and now heading west.

Marine Traffic shows destination as Jakarta. 

She'll be sailing with Radiance, Ovation, Voyager and Soltice around up the west coast.

• Like 1

Yes, they've now changed the destination for Sun Princess from Gladstone to Bismark Sea. Maybe there were too many ships going to Gladstone. It was interesting that originally it showed Gladstone US the other day - didn't make sense!

Brian

4 hours ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Brian I think you maybe right too.

Better TV reception / mobil phone reception off the Gold Coast - maybe.

Many of the ships have AIS Gladstone but only QE was there as far as I could find.

At one stage there were other ships near Gladstone.

The new Brisbane International Cruise Terminal (BICT) info states:

Carnival Australia and Port of Brisbane entered an agreement for the purchase of up to 100 foundation berthing days a year, with a limit to use up to four days in any week for 15 years. The agreement allows Carnival Australia to receive priority berthing rights at the terminal. (Reference: https://www.ship-technology.com/projects/brisbane-international-cruise-terminal/)

This might explain that all the ships in Queensland belong to Carnival Corporation whereas all the RCI ships had to leave Australia.

Brian