Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Resigned, subject of ICAC Investigation.  She should have stayed on and fought the allegations as she is a great Premier .

Opinions may differ. She was responsible for botched virus management and played fast and loose with public money. Whether or not ICAC can prove it was against the law, it was certainly unethical.

That said, she was by far the best of the crew she led.

21 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I cannot find anything on Overseas nationals being allowed in, or what if any quarantine is required for overseas visitors. 

Well I was just watching Scotty and the announcement was to start opening the international boarders in November.

But I couldn’t make much sense of it.

From what I could work out they are going to lift the cap on returning Australian citizens and that’s it.

But then he said he is going to keep his promise to open international travel at 80% vaccination.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Resigned, subject of ICAC Investigation.  She should have stayed on and fought the allegations as she is a great Premier .

Probably be glad to get out, I have been saying for months wouldn’t want the job and expect her to pull stumps next election.

After the whole Badgery Creek airport land deal fiasco I can't say I was a fan of Gladys but in the middle of this NSW outbreak I don't really like having a leadership turnover either. It would have been better I think to change leaders after we at least came out of most restrictions.

31 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

After the whole Badgery Creek airport land deal fiasco I can't say I was a fan of Gladys but in the middle of this NSW outbreak I don't really like having a leadership turnover either. It would have been better I think to change leaders after we at least came out of most restrictions.

I went right off her after she said pork barrelling was OK because everyone did it. Not the kind of attitude you expect from a Premier.

58 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Well I was just watching Scotty and the announcement was to start opening the international boarders in November.

From what I could work out they are going to lift the cap on returning Australian citizens and that’s it.

But then he said he is going to keep his promise to open international travel at 80% vaccination.

According to SMH, the borders will not open just when NSW reaches 80% vaccination, it requires the other States to also reach 80%. Those laggards in WA, NT and QLD will be the brake on this race to open up. 😌 No mention of foreign visitors.

"Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced on Friday the trigger to reopen international travel will be a national average vaccination rate of 80 per cent of over-16s. Individual states will also have to hit the 80 per cent threshold before flights can arrive in their airports freely." SMH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

It sounds like it was the usual Scomo vague waffle, promising something without providing much detail.

The only important point was that fully vaccinated arrivals would not be capped and could quarantine at home for seven days. Since airlines are saying they will increase the number of flights that must be a big relief to people who have been trying to get back to Australia for months.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

The Western Sydney Airport at Badgerys Creek is a Federal responsibility, nothing to do with NSW Government.

"The Australian Government is delivering the Western Sydney Airport at Badgerys Creek via a government-owned company, called Western Sydney Airport. The Government has committed up to $5.3 billion to deliver the airport." Website.

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

According to SMH, the borders will not open just when NSW reaches 80% vaccination, it requires the other States to also reach 80%. Those laggards in WA, NT and QLD will be the brake on this race to open up. 😌 No mention of foreign visitors.

"Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced on Friday the trigger to reopen international travel will be a national average vaccination rate of 80 per cent of over-16s. Individual states will also have to hit the 80 per cent threshold before flights can arrive in their airports freely." SMH

Those laggard states have been behind the eight ball due to the Federal  Government's failures in supplying the vaccine (except to NSW).  You can't inject what you don't have.

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

According to SMH, the borders will not open just when NSW reaches 80% vaccination, it requires the other States to also reach 80%. Those laggards in WA, NT and QLD will be the brake on this race to open up.

Having 10 or so people a day die of covid does seem to encourage vaccinations.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Having 10 or so people a day die of covid does seem to encourage vaccinations.

Also when you receive extra vaccine it helps to reach the 80% level first.

Edited by possum52

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Probably be glad to get out, I have been saying for months wouldn’t want the job and expect her to pull stumps next election.

She has a big hurdle to jump re icac.

4 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Opinions may differ. She was responsible for botched virus management and played fast and loose with public money. Whether or not ICAC can prove it was against the law, it was certainly unethical.

That said, she was by far the best of the crew she led.

ICAC will either make a case re corrupt conduct and send it to dept of public prosecutions or it will be a non event if no finding of corruption.

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

The Western Sydney Airport at Badgerys Creek is a Federal responsibility, nothing to do with NSW Government.

"The Australian Government is delivering the Western Sydney Airport at Badgerys Creek via a government-owned company, called Western Sydney Airport. The Government has committed up to $5.3 billion to deliver the airport." Website.

Learn something new. I guess after the whole stadium rebuild over quote I just assumed this was another Gladys overspending thing. Though perhaps it is an indication the Liberal party needs more members from haggling cultures😂. Didn't anyone tell them you never accept the first offer 😜

2 hours ago, Obilix said:

Those laggard states have been behind the eight ball due to the Federal  Government's failures in supplying the vaccine (except to NSW).  You can't inject what you don't have.

I am pretty sure I heard our vaccine Commander Chris Dawson just the other day complain about the fact we in Perth still had plenty of open vaccine appointments. Numbers are down because people have gone on school holidays or going to the show. The vaccines are coming into our State now and supply has picked up but our vaccination rate is slowing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Obilix said:

There's always been plenty of Astra Zeneca, which the under 40s in NSW went out in droves to get rather than wait for Pfizer.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, frantic36 said:

I am pretty sure I heard our vaccine Commander Chris Dawson just the other day complain about the fact we in Perth still had plenty of open vaccine appointments. Numbers are down because people have gone on school holidays or going to the show. The vaccines are coming into our State now and supply has picked up but our vaccination rate is slowing.

What you need is an outbreak of COVID, that is what gets people lining up to be vaccinated. No use waiting until you are lying down in ICU to get the jab.😟

• Like 1

The closing of our borders doesn't just hit travellers. Now it is hard to get items from US of A.😟

"The United States Postal Service has suspended most of its deliveries to Australia, infuriating consumers waiting for mail and businesses relying on overseas sales.

The national postal service began halting services last month due to the “unavailability of transport,” with many items destined for Australia returned to their US senders." SMH

46 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

What you need is an outbreak of COVID, that is what gets people lining up to be vaccinated. No use waiting until you are lying down in ICU to get the jab.😟

Like wise testing, down here in Batemans Bay re have had a covid testing station operating 7 days a week for a month. They have been doing no more than a dozen tests most days.  People down here are in another world.

Edited by NSWP