Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Good or bad?

It was shown in a good light, mentioned small ships operating around Australia and the new requirements to operate, how the big ships are operating overseas and how it is affecting the cruise industry and travel agents. Sabrina Bratton from Ponant was also interviewed and mentioned how she had 2 ships in Noumea waiting to get back to cruising

Edited by woodscruise
additional comment
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Once again Singapore is way ahead of us with the cruise industry.

They have been operating 2 ships for a year now.

They will be offering grants for us to go there and have a cruise.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/how-singapore-plans-to-tempt-australians-to-cruise-from-its-harbour/

All very well, but Singapore is having major issues with 'the virus' currently.   Loads of Indian construction workers bringing it in apparently.

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

you’re just a annoyed there no Princess ships there.

Correct, just those inferior cruise lines with all that rubbish up top like water slides etc.🤢

I like to go on the ships with the beautiful people.💋

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Correct, just those inferior cruise lines with all that rubbish up top like water slides etc.🤢

I like to go on the ships with the beautiful people.💋

So which cruise line would be more vile compared to Princess ?

Genting or Royal Caribbean?

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/how-singapore-plans-to-tempt-australians-to-cruise-from-its-harbour/

The grants are for the TA's, not the passengers.😟

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

All very well, but Singapore is having major issues with 'the virus' currently.   Loads of Indian construction workers bringing it in apparently.

They may have the case numbers, but Singapore has only had 136 deaths. Obviously the vaccine is working.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stki said:

They may have the case numbers, but Singapore has only had 136 deaths. Obviously the vaccine is working.

They've been hit by Delta. Now experiencing 2000+ infections a day (7 day averaged). May be a case of watch this space for possible interruption to cruising. I hope not.

Singapore COVID: 116,864 Cases and 136 Deaths - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

Edited by lyndarra
typo

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

My parents live in Singapore and I'm looking forward to flying back for a visit + throw in a cheeky cruise once quarantine is no longer a requirement there. 

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

The grants are for the TA's, not the passengers.😟

It could be they are offering incentives in the way of accommodation and travel passes for the agent to get a few punters in.

Cheap hotel for a few nights before or after the cruise would bring in a few Ozzie dollars.
I don’t think it would be all cash payment to the agent.

Aren't the cruises out of Singapore very short ones? As much as I want to cruise again, and as much as I like visiting Singapore and catching up with friends there, no way would I bother with all the hassle of international flights just for a four day cruise to nowhere.

Yes they are short cruises to nowhere. My parents did one a couple of weeks ago and they stayed on the ship the whole time. They enjoyed it though as it beats staying at home. 

I imagine the cruises they are offering Aussies flying in will be longer ones with port visits as the cruises to nowhere are only limited to locals.

I'd happily do a four day cruise to nowhere out of Sydney but if I'm going to the expense of travelling overseas to cruise it needs to be a 14 days or more cruise. I wouldn't care if it actually went to any ports or not though.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So which cruise line would be more vile compared to Princess ?

Genting or Royal Caribbean?

Both 😂 I like to 'Escape Completely' and 'Come Back New' 😁 OR even Holland America 'Savour the Journey.'🤩

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'd happily do a four day cruise to nowhere out of Sydney but if I'm going to the expense of travelling overseas to cruise it needs to be a 14 days or more cruise. I wouldn't care if it actually went to any ports or not though.

Have you done a SIN-SYD cruise? That's something I'm considering for my next trip, fly in to Singapore, spend a week-10 days visiting family and friends and then cruise back. The only itinerary I've seen that does SIN-SYD is on Cunard and that's a bit too fancy schmancy for me right now.

31 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

Yes they are short cruises to nowhere. My parents did one a couple of weeks ago and they stayed on the ship the whole time. 

I am glad your parents decided to stay on the ship, would have been a bit wet otherwise. 😉

• Haha 1