Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

42 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Small change if subject; the attached turned up on a group I am following  on the book of faces - is it true or false??
Some say it is a fake, others say it must be real as it has Cruise Critic in the title ……… but I can find no such story searching CC so, what do you think?

And who the heck is the bloke at the bottom & signature??

2695BC14-5B9E-4027-BD4C-69D967529C73.jpeg

I would suggest posting this in the news sub forum. The moderaters there would be able to confirm if this is a real article on this site 🤔 

The page does look a little weird to me. The "Visit OneSource" in the top left hand corner is not something I have seen on CC before and it says May 18 at the top though I suppose someone could have the date set wrong on their phone. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Small change if subject; the attached turned up on a group I am following  on the book of faces - is it true or false??
Some say it is a fake, others say it must be real as it has Cruise Critic in the title ……… but I can find no such story searching CC so, what do you think?

And who the heck is the bloke at the bottom & signature??

2695BC14-5B9E-4027-BD4C-69D967529C73.jpeg

I first saw this on CC a few days ago on a roll call, not as a news story

13 hours ago, sewgood said:

I first saw this on CC a few days ago on a roll call, not as a news story

It was on the CC Roll Call for Coral Princess 2022 Worldie. Someone on there checked it out and it is allegedly fair dinkum. Time will tell.

There are world cruisers ready to book onto the 2024 Worldie and it was rumoured it would be announced on 15.10.21., like in a couple of days.  But it would appear it is on hold now.  I don't reckon Princess will release it until they make a decision re cancellation of the 2022 worldie in May.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

That decision day is looming.

Yes, there will be some unhappy vegemites if the WC is canned.  Although some believe it is still a goer, we shall see, I don't want to be Uncle Doom and Gloom all the time.😬

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

It was on the CC Roll Call for Coral Princess 2022 Worldie. Someone on there checked it out and it is allegedly fair dinkum. Time will tell.

There are world cruisers ready to book onto the 2024 Worldie and it was rumoured it would be announced on 15.10.21., like in a couple of days.  But it would appear it is on hold now.  I don't reckon Princess will release it until they make a decision re cancellation of the 2022 worldie in May.

I thought the world cruises, and the other longer cruises like the Hawaii/Tahiti runs, weren't released until March each year.

The cruises that are usually released in October/November are the summer season ones. 

On 10/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, Chiliburn said:

There’s a report on the Royal Caribbean forum by someone currently on Ovation.

I am currently on the Ovation on the last Alaska cruise.  The crew has been told that they will be sent home later this month and will return to Ovation in January for sailings out of Australia.  They just received this INFO two days ago.  

I am not saying this isn’t true but after a “conversation” with the “ office” they are not aware that anything is happening. Dec 17th is the date everybody is waiting for. Unless  of course Royal has been given the heads up beforehand, (which seems unlikely given  way the Govt has been acting).Turnarounds need months of planning and organising so if Royal did know you would assume we would have been told. It does seem a little  unusual that the crew (reading the comment, it would appear  most of them) were being sent home after Alaska, they normally sign six or eight month contracts although current circumstances may have affected this . It seems to be looking more promising for early next year but nothing confirmed as yet…we are, to a large extent, still in the dark…..but hopeful.🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I am not saying this isn’t true but after a “conversation” with the “ office” they are not aware that anything is happening. Dec 17th is the date everybody is waiting for. Unless  of course Royal has been given the heads up beforehand, (which seems unlikely given  way the Govt has been acting).Turnarounds need months of planning and organising so if Royal did know you would assume we would have been told. It does seem a little  unusual that the crew (reading the comment, it would appear  most of them) were being sent home after Alaska, they normally sign six or eight month contracts although current circumstances may have affected this . It seems to be looking more promising for early next year but nothing confirmed as yet…we are, to a large extent, still in the dark…..but hopeful.🤞🤞🤞

Thanks graham, you are always a gentleman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I thought the world cruises, and the other longer cruises like the Hawaii/Tahiti runs, weren't released until March each year.

The cruises that are usually released in October/November are the summer season ones. 

I think Princess may have the strategy that if and when they cancel Coral Princess 2022 Worldie, many of those who booked on it will transfer their monies to the 2024 Worldie.   But that strategy many not work because many of the 2022 World Cruisers have also booked the 2023 Worldie.  A couple would need to have a lot of money to do both the 2023 and 2024 Worldies, like a couple of hundred grand, taking into account fares, on board spend, shorex etc.

Anyway that is my summation, I may be proved wrong.

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I think Princess may have the strategy that if and when they cancel Coral Princess 2022 Worldie, many of those who booked on it will transfer their monies to the 2024 Worldie.   But that strategy many not work because many of the 2022 World Cruisers have also booked the 2023 Worldie.  A couple would need to have a lot of money to do both the 2023 and 2024 Worldies, like a couple of hundred grand, taking into account fares, on board spend, shorex etc.

Anyway that is my summation, I may be proved wrong.

I think there are people who do it year after year. I'll settle for just one. 

It will be interesting to see the 2024 itinerary. I haven't taken much notice of the world cruise itineraries in the past but since we're now thinking of doing one I looked at both the 2022 and 2023 ones to see how similar they were. The 2023 one was more interesting from our perspective. 

26 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think there are people who do it year after year. I'll settle for just one. 

It will be interesting to see the 2024 itinerary. I haven't taken much notice of the world cruise itineraries in the past but since we're now thinking of doing one I looked at both the 2022 and 2023 ones to see how similar they were. The 2023 one was more interesting from our perspective. 

Some Princess WC's go to the Baltic - Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn etc instead of Norway/Iceland/Greenland.

Some of us enjoy cruising and find it an ideal way to travel.

Once the international borders open many will take the option to cruise wherever that may be and accept the new rules to travel safely. 

Not all have the luxury of time and are keen to get on with their lives. 

It is unfortunate if cruising in Australia remains limited.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, pully8 said:

Some of us enjoy cruising and find it an ideal way to travel.

Once the international borders open many will take the option to cruise wherever that may be and accept the new rules to travel safely. 

Not all have the luxury of time and are keen to get on with their lives. 

It is unfortunate if cruising in Australia remains limited.

Well said,

We should send this to our Premiers and PM - such a clear way to describe how so many of us feel, regardless of time available 👏👏

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Some Princess WC's go to the Baltic - Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn etc instead of Norway/Iceland/Greenland.

Baltics/Scandinavia is great, did it in 2018, B2B on Sapphire Princess out of Southampton.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lesands77 said:

Royal just cancelled our Jan cruise on Ovation 😭 so I guess that’s them out for the season. Bring on Nov 2022!

yes just saw now on book of faces that RC have cancelled all Ovation cruises 13Dec21 thru 31Mar22.

Will have to look at 22-23 season to use our FCC now.