Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

Forgive my short attention span, I really didn't get past skimming the first page. They need to come up with a short version of this. Also they need to come up with a set of acceptable protocols. If the regulations are so onerous that only the most rabid cruiser would agree to them they might as well send the ships to the breakers yard because 300 guests on a 5000 passenger ship aint going to fly.

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

An American TA has 1,000 passengers booked on a Princess Cruise to South Pacific, NZ and Australia next year.  Plus they had 400 on waiting list.  

They all signed on without a clue what the conditions of service will be? I can hear the hue and cry now "that's not what we signed up for", "I want a refund"(after the fact of course) or simply I'm not doing that, it's against my civil rights.

27 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

They all signed on without a clue what the conditions of service will be? I can hear the hue and cry now "that's not what we signed up for", "I want a refund"(after the fact of course) or simply I'm not doing that, it's against my civil rights.

It depends on when that itinerary was released. It may have been before the pandemic started.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It depends on when that itinerary was released. It may have been before the pandemic started.

You are probably correct, kinda like our cruise scheduled for January 2021 that we booked almost 13 months ago.

Someone on another forum is complaining about "negative nellies", not necessarily here on CC, ruining her anticipation of an October cruise out of Miami. 

What alternate world is she living in? The way Covid-19 cases are rising in Florida it will be October 2022 before they get it under control, if ever.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

You are probably correct, kinda like our cruise scheduled for January 2021 that we booked almost 13 months ago.

Yes, and the four cruises I currently have booked:

Sept 20 - very, very unlikely.

Jan 21 - unlikely

Apr 21 - maybe, fingers crossed. It's Pacific Princess so under 700 pax.

Sep 21 which I might change to 2022 when the new Princess itineraries are released.

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Someone on another forum is complaining about "negative nellies", not necessarily here on CC, ruining her anticipation of an October cruise out of Miami. 

What alternate world is she living in? The way Covid-19 cases are rising in Florida it will be October 2022 before they get it under control, if ever.

Remember that US not on EU list thread? It got ugly, real ugly and was deleted in it's entirety. Then another on the same subject was started and that got ugly when it was trolled by the same intransigent American. That has been edited at least twice in 2 days. There are so many millions of Americans trying so hard to do the right thing , then you also have millions of Americans that live in some parallel universe that has little resemblance to reality.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, they have been busy booking in last two weeks, so guess they have an itinerary for 2021. 

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

No, they have been busy booking in last two weeks, so guess they have an itinerary for 2021. 

The US itineraries did come out recently which might have included a repo cruise - possibly Coral, I think she might be coming here for the 21/22 season. I guess we'll find out when the Australian itineraries are released.

34 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Florida is big retiree State, so many vunerable people, probably why covid is going bananas there.👨🏻‍⚕️

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

It could be Pacific Princess. She's scheduled to leave Ft Lauderdale Nov 2021 to go to Tahiti, then on to NZ and Australia. Which might mean she'll be doing some more itineraries down here. She's very popular so I'm not surprised if people have booked regardless of what might happen.

Essentially I'll be doing the same once the next lot of Australian booking open. Booking the cruises I hope to do knowing that I might have to cancel them if they don't seem viable for any reason. 

36 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It could be Pacific Princess. She's scheduled to leave Ft Lauderdale Nov 2021 to go to Tahiti, then on to NZ and Australia. Which might mean she'll be doing some more itineraries down here. She's very popular so I'm not surprised if people have booked regardless of what might happen.

Essentially I'll be doing the same once the next lot of Australian booking open. Booking the cruises I hope to do knowing that I might have to cancel them if they don't seem viable for any reason. 

Could not be Pacific Princess if they have 1000 pax booked, been on PP to Japan, she takes about 650 pax, nice little vessel but.

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Could not be Pacific Princess if they have 1000 pax booked, been on PP to Japan, she takes about 650 pax, nice little vessel but.

It's more than one cruise - Ft-Lauderdale to Tahiti, Tahiti cruising, Tahiti to NZ ending in Sydney, so possibly more than one shipload of passengers. 

It's the only one in that timeframe that fits. All the other Princess ships would take more than 1000 passengers so there would be no need for a waiting list.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Agree not Pacific Princess.  Princess price was going to be extra for next 400 on wait list, than original charge for first 1,000 passengers.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's more than one cruise - Ft-Lauderdale to Tahiti, Tahiti cruising, Tahiti to NZ ending in Sydney, so possibly more than one shipload of passengers. 

It's the only one in that timeframe that fits. All the other Princess ships would take more than 1000 passengers so there would be no need for a waiting list.

Got it B2B x 3.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Got it B2B x 3.

TA is West Coast, so suspect the cruise will be from West Coast - Seattle or Vancouver to Australia.  Wait list of 400 was with TA for the same price the first 1,000 passengers got.  So sounds like a large ship.  Usually I would know name of ship and itinerary, but allocation had been filled before email.  

Edited by MMDown Under