Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

18 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Started Wednesday here by Friday local Coles empty of paper  and Woolworths mostly empty...

Interesting to see what is next... Coles Distribution Centre in Melbourne Closed due to infections stopping refills for supermarkets  

Cheers Don

It's so disappointing to see this. Just when you thought you had a handle on the situation there is a cluster breakout apparently fueled by lax security at one or more quarantine facilities. Then of courese the same over reaction happens and a $5.00 pack of Bog roll is suddenly $15.00 if you can find it. 😕

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It's so disappointing to see this. Just when you thought you had a handle on the situation there is a cluster breakout apparently fueled by lax security at one or more quarantine facilities. Then of courese the same over reaction happens and a $5.00 pack of Bog roll is suddenly $15.00 if you can find it. 😕

Totally agreed....

Quarantine Security was out sourced andnhandled  by ( wait for it ) FIVE different Gov Depts 

We have tried to be very carefully..... since the start in March.....

have onlymake one trip of 25km across town to the cemetery to visit my partners father,

No shopping centres, or anything like that..... as we have to check on my mum who's 94 and are round there at least every second day

and Bog Rolls (b*m wipes)  50 cents per roll now  over a $1.....  

Cheers Don

• Like 1

Victoria border to and from NSWis  to close at midnight, according to reports. So what is the NSW Govt going to do about the thousands of Victorians already here on holiday on NSW Far South Coast, like Batemans Bay to Eden?   They would need thousands of police down here to direct them back to Victoria.  A logistical nightmare. 

Plenty of toilet paper in local supermarkets, Coles, Aldi, Woolies and IGA's.  But limit of 2 per person.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

Personally once one state closed their borders everybody should have followed suit......

What are all these people travelling to NSW for.... don't they get it ?????

( anyone would think to school holidays....lol  and it is a bit difficult to understand Stay At Home )

Simply way too many people travelling all over the place ....

What next flying to Bali ???   No Quarantine ???    Buying 6 packs of Toilet Paper ????

Cheers Don

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Personally once one state closed their borders everybody should have followed suit......

What are all these people travelling to NSW for.... don't they get it ?????

( anyone would think to school holidays....lol  and it is a bit difficult to understand Stay At Home )

Simply way too many people travelling all over the place ....

What next flying to Bali ???   No Quarantine ???    Buying 6 packs of Toilet Paper ????

Cheers Don

Hi Don, there are 55 border crossings between Victoria and NSW and the NSW Premier has agreed to enforce it from the NSW side, allowing VicPol to concentrate on other issues.  How nice of our Gladys, imagine how much manpower and womanpower will be required to police those crossing points, get out the police cardboard cut outs.👨‍✈️ I think there are few left over from the Sydney 2000 Sporting Carnival.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Victoria border to and from NSWis  to close at midnight, according to reports. So what is the NSW Govt going to do about the thousands of Victorians already here on holiday on NSW Far South Coast, like Batemans Bay to Eden?   They would need thousands of police down here to direct them back to Victoria.  A logistical nightmare. 

Plenty of toilet paper in local supermarkets, Coles, Aldi, Woolies and IGA's.  But limit of 2 per person.

It's to stop new cases coming in, not deal with what is already there. The same as international travelers were not evicted immediately when borders closed, no issue with those Victorians already here.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Hi Don, there are 55 border crossings between Victoria and NSW and the NSW Premier has agreed to enforce it from the NSW side, allowing VicPol to concentrate on other issues.  How nice of our Gladys, imagine how much manpower and womanpower will be required to police those crossing points, get out the police cardboard cut outs.👨‍✈️ I think there are few left over from the Sydney 2000 Sporting Carnival.

We need a Trump wall.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

It's to stop new cases coming in, not deal with what is already there. The same as international travelers were not evicted immediately when borders closed, no issue with those Victorians already here.

You don't know that, what about Vics that have travelled into NSW from the hot spots in the past week before the lockdowns? 

Time will tell if there are 'spikes' particularly in the NSW coastal areas.

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We need a Trump wall.

Get Donald T over here to sort it.779408825_th(2).jpg.dc0a385c7b53cc6d98046d1218bee286.jpgUncle Les will pick him up from the airport.

Edited by NSWP

35 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We need a Trump wall.

LOL   to keep the Mexicans out    LOL

Could you imagine  how long it would take to build.... LOL

Like a high speed rail link Syd to Melb     or like the rail link from the CBD to the Airport 

Right I have stopped rolling round the floor

Did you read some Mad Victorian in a van tried twice in get into SA.....

on the second attempt they got bogged a back track..... the police caught them again...

Some people   what do you say.....

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

....How nice of our Gladys, imagine how much manpower and womanpower will be required to police those crossing points, get out the police cardboard cut outs.👨‍✈️ I think there are few left over from the Sydney 2000 Sporting Carnival.

There might be some that could be redeployed from the NRL before crowds were allowed back in.  Some of those cardboard cut outs of the fans looked rather unruly!  If not, I think the fans only paid about $25 to get them made!

If that doesn't work, redeploy those mobile speed cameras to do some good for the local community.

• Like 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Are the Mexicans paying for it?

No Mic, as I said 50/50, that's fair is it not.  Lets see those B.....y caravanners drive over that. 🤣

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Halves in building the wall or halves in getting the Mexicans to pay?

Now you have me confused Uncle Mic. Just pass the...990181979_th(1).jpg.e08a2469358ea4d44fa5f4e66887561a.jpgbefore I have my siesta then it will be 🍷 and 

cheese.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Has Annastacia had any comment on Beryl’s decision to close the border?

Anyway, our Coles is very short on fruit and veg, and milk.

Positive test at the main distribution centre.

Luckily I thought ahead and still have 4,357 rolls from earlier this year. 🤡😷

• Like 1

So....back on track, what are people thunkjng regarding booking/rebooking?

I was going to try reschedule a Northern Europe and UK trip for July 2021, but thinking it might still be dodgy in 12 months.

Hurtigruten is offering 5% deposits but they are "non refundable" , that can be in the hundreds and with our borders possibly still closed I am not keen to kiss more of my hard earned away.

I dont think there is an insurer on earth that will cover pandemic cancellations now.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Donald is here re the Vic/NSW wall.  All solved, Dictator Dan and Auntie Gladys are going halves.🤑

trump wall.jpg

Sorry to go off track  but....

Love it... can we have it a different colour and is it Safe .. can we had a different flag

Could you imagine the Dan & Glady Show working together  then Scotty would get  involved......  there is simply not enough popcorn...

It is time for important things.....  to decide which Gin to have for my G&T.....

This whole wall thing has lighten the day.... Thanks

Cheers Don

46 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

So....back on track, what are people thunkjng regarding booking/rebooking?

I, me and myself are thinking booking nothing outside Australia until after 2021

if one can get over the wall........lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Yeh ,the wet backs swimming across the Murray river.

Forget C19 its the weather they want to escape.

Who would want to escape the Italian food of Lygon Street and the vino of Yarra Valley and Rutherglen? All great. 

• Like 3

Just now, NSWP said:

Who would want to escape the Italian food of Lygon Street and the vino of Yarra Valley and Rutherglen? All great. 

Many great places to eat both in Greater Melbourne and regional Victoria. Also some good wineries on both the Mornington and Bellarine Peninsulas and in Central Victoria.

Leigh

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Sorry to go off track  but....

Love it... can we have it a different colour and is it Safe .. can we had a different flag

Could you imagine the Dan & Glady Show working together  then Scotty would get  involved......  there is simply not enough popcorn...

It is time for important things.....  to decide which Gin to have for my G&T.....

This whole wall thing has lighten the day.... Thanks

Cheers Don

I, me and myself are thinking booking nothing outside Australia until after 2021

if one can get over the wall........lol

Melbourne Gin Company Gin is my favourite.

Although my daughter gave me a bottle of Saphire Blue she got coming through duty free. Very pleasant over the summer.

Mr Gut was supposed to buy me some Tassie gin when he was down that way. Not a sausage.

3 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Melbourne Gin Company Gin is my favourite.

Although my daughter gave me a bottle of Saphire Blue she got coming through duty free. Very pleasant over the summer.

Mr Gut was supposed to buy me some Tassie gin when he was down that way. Not a sausage.

Tonight is was a Hendricks.....

But really enjoy a dry Martini a Tanqueray No.10 with a wetting of Noilly Prat with a twist of lemon......

Cheer Don and Good Evening

Don 

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

19 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Many great places to eat both in Greater Melbourne and regional Victoria. Also some good wineries on both the Mornington and Bellarine Peninsulas and in Central Victoria.

Leigh

Melbourne does have a better atmosphere and some culture compared to Sydney.

• Like 1