Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

TA is West Coast, so suspect the cruise will be from West Coast - Seattle or Vancouver to Australia.  Wait list of 400 was with TA for the same price the first 1,000 passengers got.  So sounds like a large ship.  Usually I would know name of ship and itinerary, but allocation had been filled before email.  

Island Princess or Coral Princess? But they are normally kept for Panama Canal and Alaska inside passage runs, been on both. island was butchered.

I checked on the Princess website and Pacific Princess is the only ship showing that is coming our way from the US from Sept to Dec 2021 that has itineraries released at the moment.   

• Like 1

Hopefully once there is more clarity around incubation times and whether positive results mean the person is infectious or not, cruising will start again.

it seems not many are requiring hospital care even with the positive cases.

the thought we have to remain in isolation until a vaccine arrives is grim indeed.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:55 AM, Chiliburn said:

We stayed a night in Eden last night and we had a walk around the dock.

I talked to and asked some of the blokes if the cruise season will happen.

They said it hasn’t be announced but it is definitely canceled .

This isn’t surprising at all, but it’s is still disappointing.

I think the higher ups probably know (and have told some staff) it is too risky at this stage, because researchers just don’t know enough about the virus to be able to resume operations.

Hubby and I have said from the start that we would cancel our January cruise unless a cure or vaccine was available, but I don’t think we will have a choice - I think each day it is becoming more and more

likely that they will cancel it for us 😞 

3 minutes ago, CupcakeSusie said:

This isn’t surprising at all, but it’s is still disappointing.

I think the higher ups probably know (and have told some staff) it is too risky at this stage, because researchers just don’t know enough about the virus to be able to resume operations.

Hubby and I have said from the start that we would cancel our January cruise unless a cure or vaccine was available, but I don’t think we will have a choice - I think each day it is becoming more and more

likely that they will cancel it for us 😞 

It is disappointing.

But they are still advertising?

Radiance of the seas looks like it maybe putting a itinerary together for a repo to Sydney.

Stopping at Singapore and other Asian countries. Probably pick up crew a supplies.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

It is disappointing.

But they are still advertising?

Radiance of the seas looks like it maybe putting a itinerary together for a repo to Sydney.

Stopping at Singapore and other Asian countries. Probably pick up crew a supplies.

I am supposed to be on the radiance for the relocation to Brisbane, it ain't happening as per the original cruise and I doubt it will happen at all.

47 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am supposed to be on the radiance for the relocation to Brisbane, it ain't happening as per the original cruise and I doubt it will happen at all.

26th September in Hong Kong then Singapore the 30th ,Malaysia ,Singapore then ??https://mbccs.com.sg/search-ship-result/

Edited by Chiliburn

21 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

26th September in Hong Kong then Singapore the 30th ,Malaysia ,Singapore then ??https://mbccs.com.sg/search-ship-result/

There’s another booking back to Penang.

A fair bit of activity,they aren’t Cruise’s with passengers,I don’t know what to make of it.

Could they be picking up crew???

Maybe taking them to Singapore for a quarantine period???

Any thoughts?

Edited by Chiliburn

A disheartening thing I read this morning is the increasing number of cases where after the infection has run its course and people are testing clear, they about 2 weeks later test positive. Originally this was thought to be a re-infection but has been discovered that it is still the original infection.

The other thing that has not received a lot of publicity, and might make some people more eager to avoid infection, is the amount of serious residual lasting damage to various vital organs that can remain after the infection has cleared.

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

The other thing that has not received a lot of publicity, and might make some people more eager to avoid infection, is the amount of serious residual lasting damage to various vital organs that can remain after the infection has cleared.

This is because, so far, the evidence of this has been that it has occurred in only a very few cases. And again in the elderly or already health compromised.
So much fear around this virus already ....... surely we don’t need to add to it?

7 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

This is because, so far, the evidence of this has been that it has occurred in only a very few cases. And again in the elderly or already health compromised.
So much fear around this virus already ....... surely we don’t need to add to it?

Actually the evidence is growing and it is not just elderly and compromised. Examining the side effects of COVID19 is only beginning as county's infection rates finally drop and they can now take the time to see what has happened to the population but it isn't looking good as more issues are popping up and the experiences are being corroborated around the world. I would not call it fear but it should serve to make you cautious that we don't know all the full effects of this disease so don't assume that not being in so called high risk category makes you automatically safe. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Actually the evidence is growing and it is not just elderly and compromised. Examining the side effects of COVID19 is only beginning as county's infection rates finally drop and they can now take the time to see what has happened to the population but it isn't looking good as more issues are popping up and the experiences are being corroborated around the world. I would not call it fear but it should serve to make you cautious that we don't know all the full effects of this disease so don't assume that not being in so called high risk category makes you automatically safe. 

Curious as to where you are getting this information? Sources?

Edited by Porky55

5 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

This is exactly the message that needs to get to the idiotic minority that are refusing to be tested even though they are, in Victoria's case, living in a declared high risk area.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

This is exactly the message that needs to get to the idiotic minority that are refusing to be tested even though they are, in Victoria's case, living in a declared high risk area.

I guess if you live in a city or particularly in Victoria right now, you are both perhaps on the right track. 👍

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

A disheartening thing I read this morning is the increasing number of cases where after the infection has run its course and people are testing clear, they about 2 weeks later test positive. Originally this was thought to be a re-infection but has been discovered that it is still the original infection.

A relative in the UK, had Covid 19 and recovered from the virus. But had serious damage to her kidneys which failed and she passed away a couple of weeks ago. She was in her 80s but had been well up to contracting Covid 19 a couple of months ago. The damage to her kidneys was quite quick too.

Leigh

The medical experts are still learning about the after effects of the corona virus.  Prince Charles, who had a minor case of the virus, recently mentioned at a NHS visit that he still has no sense of smell or taste. After effects range from minor, such as this, to major, where patients are taking a long time to fully recover.  

My 46 year-old relative who was super-fit was diagnosed on 9th March - very early. She didn't become very ill, but she returned positive tests for seven weeks, although she was told she could go out and about in the last couple of weeks in that period (she didn't). She was left with fatigue.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

My 46 year-old relative who was super-fit was diagnosed on 9th March - very early. She didn't become very ill, but she returned positive tests for seven weeks, although she was told she could go out and about in the last couple of weeks in that period (she didn't). She was left with fatigue.

You can also be left with fatigue after a bout of the flu. The one and only time I had the flu, it took me months to recover fully and to stop being fatigued. 

Legh

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, but Charlie didn't pick Dianna, he just towed the line, did his duty and married her.

Takes two to Tango.  Di was no innocent either, she had a few flings.  All history now, RIP.  I just want Charlie to be King, want to go over for his coronation.

20 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Takes two to Tango.  Di was no innocent either, she had a few flings.  All history now, RIP.  I just want Charlie to be King, want to go over for his coronation.

At least Di had some taste.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I would like to see Charlie become King after Liz, and in a few years after the spectacle of her already planned funeral, for him to abdicate and Big Willie and Kate crowned in a spectacular Coronation .