Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

How about a movie called  KUNG FLU.

Set in a monastery high in the mountains on Wuhan.

Monks are genetically modifying vampire bats and one of the bats bites young grasshopper.
The old monk says,Grasshopper you must go to America.

The plot thickens??????

Chiliburn you might trying to be funny but I find your naming of Covid-19 in your recent posts offensive as I do when that supposed leader uses it. I don't think constantly repeating it is a good idea. Please stop, just use correct terminology.

The joke isn't funny either.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Chiliburn you might trying to be funny but I find your naming of Covid-19 in your recent posts offensive as I do when that supposed leader uses it. I don't think constantly repeating it is a good idea. Please stop, just use correct terminology.

The joke isn't funny either.

I am also offended by Chiliburn's use of that racist term. I request that you desist. We are not in America nor heading for an election.

Edited by By The Bay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Here is a photo of the famous Tiger pies from Harry's Café de Wheels. Yum, Yum.Ready to Eat! | Smiley, Funny emoji, Emoticon

Harry's Cafe de Wheels George St in - Sydney | Groupon

Okay how does anyone Australian or not eat that with their hands and not wear half of it? And do you put the tomato sauce on top of the gravy?

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Okay how does anyone Australian or not eat that with their hands and not wear half of it? And do you put the tomato sauce on top of the gravy?

Would depend entirely on how many XXXX you have had 🙄

C9181FAF-489D-4F74-B6A4-D4F7AA0B6D4D.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Mr Gut on the Meat Pie thread had it right. I start with a fork and go for it. When you get towards the end when only the crust is left, I pick it up and eat it from the hand. I do not use tomato sauce with this type of pie. I do when eating a pie with a lid in it like a pepper pie.

• Thanks 1

I like how the down under boards kinda morph off track, how did we turn this into a pie discussion when we already have one? Although the actual topic of this thread does seem a little depressing at times. 

When will it start? At the beginning I was reasonably confident that the down under cruises would start at the normal October/November time line. Now I'm thinking myself a ridiculous optimist that we may be okay for our trip in late January 2020.

I'm under the impression that Canada is on the approved list for the EU (I wonder what a Fjord cruise costs?)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I like how the down under boards kinda morph off track, how did we turn this into a pie discussion when we already have one?

It only took a innocent observation in a post on this thread for it to morph. 😁

"I'm also going to practice eating meat pies so I don't look like a stupid foreigner when we get there."

Edited by By The Bay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Mr Gut on the Meat Pie thread had it right. I start with a fork and go for it. When you get towards the end when only the crust is left, I pick it up and eat it from the hand. I do not use tomato sauce with this type of pie. I do when eating a pie with a lid in it like a pepper pie.

Yep pretty much spot on. But when we make tigers at home it is full on knife and fork, but then there is usually way more everything, spud, peas gravy, can’t imagine eating one of our home grown by hand, but I may add yea olde dead horse to that one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

I like how the down under boards kinda morph off track, how did we turn this into a pie discussion when we already have one? Although the actual topic of this thread does seem a little depressing at times. 

But before they morph They deal with the issue, when I was real crook someone tried to start a thread, just for chat, to cheer me up, didn’t last long. There have been some great, funny threads here at times.

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

But before they morph They deal with the issue, when I was real crook someone tried to start a thread, just for chat, to cheer me up, didn’t last long. There have been some great, funny threads here at times.

I agree whole heartedly Mr. Gut, I much prefer to hang out here. More fun, more humour, less status seeking, I haven't come across many folks here that preface their post with their loyalty point "status", how lame. People here tend to talk about their experiences and that is what makes their input valid not the loyalty club status.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

less status seeking, I haven't come across many folks here that preface their post with their loyalty point "status", how lame

Well you know how self-deprecating Australians are. I can't remember where I heard this but one Aussie was told by an Indian that Australians should stop putting themselves down, they though it was a terrible trait.

Also, I once worked for a Swiss boss who told me that Swiss people are embarrassed to say they are poor, but she said Aussies are embarrassed to say they are rich.

People always put these traits down to our convict heritage.

Edited by christodan
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We are all too scared to be a tall poppy, because we know what happens to them downunder.

Yeah that's a pity, however some of us have the necessary tackle to call a spade a spade so as far as I'm concerned it is, and will always be, the China Flu. It was good enough to call the last big one the Spanish Flu so the same rule applies.

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

When will it start? At the beginning I was reasonably confident that the down under cruises would start at the normal October/November time line. Now I'm thinking myself a ridiculous optimist that we may be okay for our trip in late January 2020.

I'm under the impression that Canada is on the approved list for the EU (I wonder what a Fjord cruise costs?)

comfort food to deal with the challenges.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Yeah that's a pity, however some of us have the necessary tackle to call a spade a spade so as far as I'm concerned it is, and will always be, the China Flu. It was good enough to call the last big one the Spanish Flu so the same rule applies.

Mmm my uncle was renowned for not calling a spade a spade, for hm it was a bl00dy shovel.

• Like 1

Problem with your bold statement Russell21 is that this is NOT influenza, where the spanish flu was. In modern times we as a society tend to laugh off influenza as a mild inconvenience (until we get it) and even though many people die of it, the mortality rate is much lower. Clearly you are one of the many who chooses to disregard the severity of this strain of the SARS virus and would rather call it some nifty name that the "leader" of that large country south of mine uses.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Not sure why you quoted me for that comment. BTW, just goes to show why it is so wrong (racism aside), the so called Spanish flu started in the USA.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think now (as I did a few months ago) that you were an optimist. No problem with that - I am also.

You weren't happy with me a couple of months ago when I posted a comment that I did not think your cruise will go ahead. I have not changed my mind. Instead I feel it will be even longer before international visitors can arrive in Australia and not go into 14 days quarantine.

Back to the question of when cruising will start in Australia. I still believe that when the government allows ships to re-enter our waters, it is likely cruises will only be Australian domestic and NZ and that international passengers would only be allowed if they completed 14 days' quarantine and were tested as virus-free.

I now feel it would be optimistic to believe your cruise can go ahead with a 12 months' delay. Maybe it will and maybe it won't.

Edited by Aus Traveller

9 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Problem with your bold statement Russell21 is that this is NOT influenza, where the spanish flu was. In modern times we as a society tend to laugh off influenza as a mild inconvenience (until we get it) and even though many people die of it, the mortality rate is much lower. Clearly you are one of the many who chooses to disregard the severity of this strain of the SARS virus and would rather call it some nifty name that the "leader" of that large country south of mine uses.

You, and several others here, are obviously not familiar with the Aussie term "Shirt stirrer". Spelling to avoid the obvious. So far as i'm concerned I just identified several of the High Horse variety of Tall Poppy.

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey Mic, I think it went over his head. I was under the impression that you were commenting on my take of "status" seekers. Of course I could be wrong, it's been known to happen.

Wrong again, I was agreeing with him.

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Good news is both Australia and Canada are on the list. See link.