Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

16 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

By The Bay, you are going to get us busted for hijacking. Although pies are way more fun than the dismal subject of this thread.

Is that an old railway diner car? I'm going back to the pie thread for further inquiry🤨

It is an authentic "Bondi Tram". I could now go into Sydney's old tram network, but might stop now.

Edited by By The Bay

27 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

He also has one here in Newcastle for Mr Gut and I.

The last tram that was used in Bondi now is a Harry's Cafe de ...

And I. Have been there often. My bike is 5th from the left.WP_20140129_007.thumb.jpg.3bc9b75daffbdc893f31311b5a281622.jpg

Edited by lyndarra
typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Harry's has a branch Caravan in Hay St in the Eastern side of George St in Chinatown.

Crikey, Harry's will soon be like Maccas or Greggs in UK, one in every town.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Crikey, Harry's will soon be like Maccas or Greggs in UK, one in every town.

C'mon Uncle Les, we all deserve a Harry's pie or two. There is one here in Penrith, right alongside another institution, the Penrith Panthers Rugby League Club!

Well, I'm happy to see that a few ships have resumed or are preparing to resume. As time has gone by I have come to think that the Asian market may be the first to re-open. There seems to be many willing passengers and I hope that this will move other carriers to move forward and get going. Ships with passengers is money coming in, ships at anchor or making water or sitting along side are just giant machines that vaporize cash at an alarming rate.

Half the fleet is in Manila Bay, do whatever voodoo that is needed to get them in service.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vozzie said:

I apologise for getting back on the subject, but Taiwan seems to have found a way to kick start local cruising:

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/5419/

Great news, starting small and selective with the Pax nationalities and the pax numbers, and then they can expand, bigger ships, larger capacities, etc.

I wanna go cruising again. Pete not so keen. I said if a big long cruise comes up and its nicely priced. I going. You can decide whether you want to or not. He rather just travel around Australia. 

I'm pretty glad I never got into Faceplant, I think I would always be angry. I took a look at the HAL section. (we are thinking of maybe cruising with them for an Alaska land & sea adventure that includes the Yukon. and we are still trying to find the right itinerary for East Coast Canada. Man their USA banned from EU thread is even more eye opening than the Celebrity one.

I think that the Cruise companies are going to open up as soon as they can, wherever they can. Frankly even though the US market is huge I doubt these companies will keep their assets in limbo while someone, anyone in the US finds a clue.

I cannot help thinking Australia and other Nation's will have similar concerns.

"SPAIN is maintaining its ban on cruise ships, despite the country’s tourism sector reopening, according to a ministerial order.
The nation’s ban on cruises will continue until the COVID-19 pandemic is brought under control."  CW

Sometimes we in Australia get reminded we are part of a Global Community when we try to do something as simple as post our granddaughters birthday present. Never gave this a thought when I sent it 🙄 my parcel is getting a cruise, but not me 😢

NB - been checking this for ages - this is the first notification of sea transport!

8CC31BEF-B72E-47D0-8DE7-3CD53A744048.png

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1