Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I like how the down under boards kinda morph off track, how did we turn this into a pie discussion when we already have one? Although the actual topic of this thread does seem a little depressing at times. 

When will it start? At the beginning I was reasonably confident that the down under cruises would start at the normal October/November time line. Now I'm thinking myself a ridiculous optimist that we may be okay for our trip in late January 2020.

I'm under the impression that Canada is on the approved list for the EU (I wonder what a Fjord cruise costs?)

Scotty FM, our prime minister, yesterday indicated that the borders are likely to be closed until mid-2021.

4 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Scotty FM, our prime minister, yesterday indicated that the borders are likely to be closed until mid-2021.

I suspect that will be the case for non business travel (holidays) but will be open for business travel and for students. And I'd suggest November - December as a date. 

I have no idea when cruises may start. I can't even imagine what a good Covid mitigation strategy might look like. Sad times. 

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Yeah that's a pity, however some of us have the necessary tackle to call a spade a spade so as far as I'm concerned it is, and will always be, the China Flu. It was good enough to call the last big one the Spanish Flu so the same rule applies.

Funny thing is, it didn't necessarily come from Spain.

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Yeah that's a pity, however some of us have the necessary tackle to call a spade a spade so as far as I'm concerned it is, and will always be, the China Flu. It was good enough to call the last big one the Spanish Flu so the same rule applies.

Actually the Spanish Flu is called Influenza A virus subtype H1N1 (A/H1N1). And a Coronavirus is not Influenza. You may as well be calling pitchfork a spade😜

• Like 2

I'm trying to figure out whether you or Mic is the biggest Class Clown although Chili does have a few pearls.

I was scolded by an American about an hour ago for putting some lightness into a thread that has run amok in the Celebrity section. It is a serious topic US banned from EU travel but it really has turned into a mess.

42 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It is a serious topic US banned from EU travel but it really has turned into a mess.

So basically a microcosm of what is happening in the country that is to our east and to your south😂

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Are you mob virologists or somefink like that?  Youse all know a lot. I left skool at 14 yrs and 10 months, I suppose you can see that.🤣

I can't speak for everyone but in my case I am just a curious critter😜 Get me on Google and I am there for hours till I know everything there is to know about something😂

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm trying to figure out whether you or Mic is the biggest Class Clown although Chili does have a few pearls.

I was scolded by an American about an hour ago for putting some lightness into a thread that has run amok in the Celebrity section. It is a serious topic US banned from EU travel but it really has turned into a mess.

I plead guilty to the charge, with an explanation your worship.  My late wife often said 'You should be on the stage, the first one out of town.' 🤣  She used to retire to the cabin, embarrassed when I joined in with Karaoke mob on Princess about 9pm, after a few adult beverages.  Funny, went we went on QM2 to HK couple of years ago, there was no Karaoke, how sad for those Cunarders they missed out on my Frank Sinatra and Elvis renditions.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Lyle, I just read a couple of pages on that Celebrity thread re EU.  What a bun fight.  I would not want to debate on that, out of my league anyway, plus they would not appreciate my style of humour.  Most of our cruises were from foreign ports in the company of pax from North America.  I have met many fine ones and the odd galah, or goose if you like, as you find in any country.  😇

Edited by NSWP

9 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I can hear the Cunard crowd now "I say Nigel did you hear the fellow trying to sing?" ... "oh yes Graham it was dreadful, I'm so glad that Agatha wasn't there when his pants fell down, what a chap"

Don't get me started on Cunard, once was enough.  QM2 is a unique vessel, loved her, but many of the pax were too snobby for me.  Probably the G & T that does it, awful stuff.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

No kidding Les, it started out not bad, I even made a comment that went over okay and a follow up that was okay and then some Americans got all p**sed that the foreigners were picking on them and then they got into it with each other, holy cow.

I had to check what thread we were on, I don't want to be busted for hijacking. I'm going to drop over to that different thread where there is no topic to hijack.

4 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Spanish flu originated in Kansas USA. What do you want to call it now?

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

No kidding Les, it started out not bad, I even made a comment that went over okay and a follow up that was okay and then some Americans got all p**sed that the foreigners were picking on them and then they got into it with each other, holy cow.

I had to check what thread we were on, I don't want to be busted for hijacking. I'm going to drop over to that different thread where there is no topic to hijack.

Now I'm just going to go and have a stickybeak at that thread! 🤣

A group of us here had some fun on a thread on the Princess forum a couple of years ago. It was quite hilarious until the mods took it down. I don't think the North American Princess fan club knew what had hit them for a while. Come to think of the main protaganist that time was a Canadian woman. 😲🤔😁

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

And some of them still think that the UK is part of the EU. 😡

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Now I'm just going to go and have a stickybeak at that thread! 🤣

A group of us here had some fun on a thread on the Princess forum a couple of years ago. It was quite hilarious until the mods took it down. I don't think the North American Princess fan club knew what had hit them for a while. Come to think of the main protaganist that time was a Canadian woman. 😲🤔😁

Those Canadians are stirrers you know. That is why Aussies and Canucks get on well, I have had some great times on the Princess ships with Canadians.🥃🍷🤣

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I also had a look at said forum thread a day ago and had to bite my tongue and withdraw my typing finger. I was tempted to put my 2c in but it had degenerated too far already.

10 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I also had a look at said forum thread a day ago and had to bite my tongue and withdraw my typing finger. I was tempted to put my 2c in but it had degenerated too far already.

Actually it was quite mild compared with some I've seen in the past.

Well talk about going over the head, finally a chance to explain. When I called it the Chinese Flu and made the reference to the Spanish Flu, I figured everyone knew that it didn't earn the Flu status the same way the Spanish Flu didn't earn it's Spanish status.

As you have seen, it not only went over all the heads it crashed in the desert, luckily it didn't do too much damage and it was mostly sand in the air.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

And some of them still think that the UK is part of the EU. 😡

Technically it still is. Even the list of nationalities allowed in the EU post pandemic doesn't disscus the UK because it still is covered by EU immigration rules. Untill the official separation occurs, EU rules still apply.

26 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Well talk about going over the head, finally a chance to explain. When I called it the Chinese Flu and made the reference to the Spanish Flu, I figured everyone knew that it didn't earn the Flu status the same way the Spanish Flu didn't earn it's Spanish status.

As you have seen, it not only went over all the heads it crashed in the desert, luckily it didn't do too much damage and it was mostly sand in the air.

You are right it went over my head and even your explanation still doesn't clear it up to me😂. I think we can all agree this joke has crashed and burned😜

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Technically it still is. Even the list of nationalities allowed in the EU post pandemic doesn't disscus the UK because it still is covered by EU immigration rules. Untill the official separation occurs, EU rules still apply.

You are right it went over my head and even your explanation still doesn't clear it up to me😂. I think we can all agree this joke has crashed and burned😜

Totally agree.

By the way I like your answers and your research. I actually have been checking the Foreign Policy after you posted the link. Always interesting to get different points of view.

I'm still sad we didn't get a chance to check out Harry's Pie Place. We have just moved Miami booking at the end of the year to a Australia/New Zealand booking in late January. This starts in Sydney so fingers crossed if it goes ahead we might yet get to check out Harry's.

Julie

13 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Totally agree.

By the way I like your answers and your research. I actually have been checking the Foreign Policy after you posted the link. Always interesting to get different points of view.

I'm still sad we didn't get a chance to check out Harry's Pie Place. We have just moved Miami booking at the end of the year to a Australia/New Zealand booking in late January. This starts in Sydney so fingers crossed if it goes ahead we might yet get to check out Harry's.

Julie

Harry's has a branch Caravan in Hay St in the Eastern side of George St in Chinatown.