The Daily for Monday Mar 16, 2020 fka Fleet Report

richwmn

9 hours ago, SumoCitrus said:

Anyone else incredibly depressed?

Not "incredibly," but depressed. Not as much with missing our planned cruise, because I know we will cruise again, but the whole covid-19 situation. Now CDC is advising no gatherings of over 50 people for the next eight weeks!

40 minutes ago, laughingarcher said:

Maybe I wasn't clear. My parents' Circle Cruise is APRIL 15.  I'm wondering why your list shows Eurodam stopping at Ensenada in April, yet we've heard nothing from HAL.

The final column on that chart is where the ship is headed now. In the case of the Eurodam it is Ensenada. The first cruise after the pause I show as a round trip from Seattle to Alaska, which may not happen due to Canada closing her ports until July.

3 minutes ago, laughingarcher said:

Thanks, Rich! Newbie here, so wasn't sure how the chart worked. Appreciate the explanation!  🙂

But, wait... the first cruise you see after "the pause" is an Alaska cruise?  Not the Hawaii Circle out of Seattle on April 15?

copied from the chart --

2020 Apr 15Seattle17 days, round-trip Circle Hawaii (Seattle)

sorry, I assumed a trip out of Seattle was Alaska without really looking

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

The final column on that chart is where the ship is headed now. In the case of the Eurodam it is Ensenada. The first cruise after the pause I show as a round trip from Seattle to Alaska, which may not happen due to Canada closing her ports until July.

Rich, hopefully the virus will become dormant and things can get back to normal by late April or early May.  Thanks for the report.

Boarded Eurodam on Feb 16 in Port Everglades.  As of this moment, we are still scheduled to go to Ensenada tomorrow for what is now a 5 hr “service call”, nobody allowed off the ship.  Then on to San Diego, scheduled to dock at 700 a.m. on Wednesday.  Praying that we are going to be allowed to dock and disembark without issue and that we’ll be on our nonstop flight home to Denver at 1130 a.m.  This leg of our B2B has been stressful to say the least and every time the Captain came on to announce something - even his standard daily noon current weather and position announcement - everyone held their collective breath.  Will be so relieved to be home where we can hunker down and ride this out. 

18 minutes ago, zelker said:

Boarded Eurodam on Feb 16 in Port Everglades.  As of this moment, we are still scheduled to go to Ensenada tomorrow for what is now a 5 hr “service call”, nobody allowed off the ship.  Then on to San Diego, scheduled to dock at 700 a.m. on Wednesday.  Praying that we are going to be allowed to dock and disembark without issue and that we’ll be on our nonstop flight home to Denver at 1130 a.m.  This leg of our B2B has been stressful to say the least and every time the Captain came on to announce something - even his standard daily noon current weather and position announcement - everyone held their collective breath.  Will be so relieved to be home where we can hunker down and ride this out. 

Hope everything is as painless as possible for you under the circumstances.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zelker said:

Hope all goes well for you Barb, safe travels home.

Thanks for the report.

• Thanks 1

The Daily for Monday Mar 16, 2020 fka Fleet Report:

I don't don't have time to read all the new posts or threads on the HAL CC board but I do enjoy your Fleet Report!  Please continue posting and I really appreciate all the work you put into the report.  And "The Daily" is a great name.  Thank you Rich!

1 hour ago, zelker said:

At this point, San Diego is more of a threat to Eurodam than Eurodam is to San Diego.  Numbers growing every day here!

I hope we roll out the red carpet for you and send you speedily on your way to your home.  Wishing all safe and healthy travels!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, richwmn said:

They might not be able to. What I listed is what is currently scheduled. I am sure that many people at HAL headquarters are trying to get new schedules put together so that the ships can be used. Just as the restrictions went up quickly, they can come down just as quickly depending on the spread of the virus. I will try to update as the information becomes available.

I expect even more to the point they are dealing with getting people still on the ships back home in a very challenging time.

Roy

3 hours ago, zelker said:

Hi, Barb - to let you know what to expect in Colorado, most public & private schools are closed, restaurants only serving take-out/delivery, bars all closed, grocery stores decreasing the hours they are open so shelves can be restocked, many churches are having services online and on TV rather than in church. There are 160 that have tested positive, but very few have been tested. The state is under voluntary stay-home (as much as possible) for everybody for at least 2 weeks. That started Saturday, two days ago. It's OK to go outside and take walks but advised to keep 6-10 foot distance from others. I'm guessing this is the same for most states.

Safe travels to you and John.

From Laura (& Tom),

Oct-Nov 2019 TransPacific to Australia.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2020 at 2:41 PM, kazu said:

@sail7seas you need to read the fleet report to get it.

From Rich’s fleet report at the top in bold:  today is Act Happy Day and Freedom of Information Day

and, a number of us are not happy but acting happy with the cancellation of our cruises and the covid19 crisis. 

Once again i t sems some folks continue to re-write my posts   I  wrote that which I wanted to say,  I do not require a 'ghost writer;  I'll stick to writing my own posts. I have done so for more than 10 years.    

Kindly   Stop it

It was inappropriate  the  first time  and each subsequent  re-write  and instruction  as to  what I must read is no better  IMO

Tia   

Edited by sail7seas