Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

28 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

If you opt for a cash refund after you receive your FCC, I believe that they change the status to inactive. Any chance that has happened by mistake? 

The PCC has said that obviously something is amiss...I’m confident they will fix it...at some point...this is for a March 29th cancelled cruise (cancelled mid March by Celebrity)..not paying celebrity another 4K for a Sept cruise, either I get the FCC or I’m out for Sept...

Edited by PTC DAWG

I didn't want to start another "cancellation thread", but I'm curious about something.

For those of you who had cruises in May and June, how did you find out the cruise was cancelled?  By email or were you called?  And how far in advance were you notified?

KTB,

Some of the May and June cruises, were not all ‘cancelled’ at the same time, as Celebrity was attempting to still sail, working around the various country and ports closing. We had our May 28 cruise to Canada amended, and were told on March 24th that the cruise would now be to the Bahamas. It was on April 16th that we received notice that Celebrity cancelled global cruising until June 11th.

We did request a refund on April 17, and are still waiting. The TA followed up with Celebrity yesterday, and said our refund was to be processed today. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

4 hours ago, whitbob said:

KTB,

Some of the May and June cruises, were not all ‘cancelled’ at the same time, as Celebrity was attempting to still sail, working around the various country and ports closing. We had our May 28 cruise to Canada amended, and were told on March 24th that the cruise would now be to the Bahamas. It was on April 16th that we received notice that Celebrity cancelled global cruising until June 11th.

We did request a refund on April 17, and are still waiting. The TA followed up with Celebrity yesterday, and said our refund was to be processed today. 🙂

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, I am not cancelling my cruise in August. Either we go or Celebrity cancels it.  I'll then take the FCC and apply it to a "back up" cruise I currently have booked in December.   Hence the reason I asked.  :classic_smile:

5 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

Well, I am not cancelling my cruise in August. Either we go or Celebrity cancels it.  I'll then take the FCC and apply it to a "back up" cruise I currently have booked in December.   Hence the reason I asked.  :classic_smile:

We did the same for our July 4th cruise. Now we’re doing a b2b next June. The FCC pays for most of them. 

16 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

The PCC has said that obviously something is amiss...I’m confident they will fix it...at some point...this is for a March 29th cancelled cruise (cancelled mid March by Celebrity)..not paying celebrity another 4K for a Sept cruise, either I get the FCC or I’m out for Sept...

So my PCC fixed the FCC issue (bookkeeping error was the word)...they are applied to a Sept 2020 Cruise...now, I have about 1500 balance left...IF I don't pay that by the final due date, June 27th,  the FCC's are gone.  I wasn't aware of that when I had them applied...so I don't have much choice at this point.  Final pay the cruise, hope it goes...at least if Celebrity cancels, I think I will be made whole on the entire amount paid for the cruise, including the FCC value.  I still don't think it sails.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

Here's my timeline for my March 23rd cruise:

March 13 - told travel agent to cancel our cruise and non-refundable airfare through CruiseAir. As directed by our travel insurance company, we refused any future credits.

March 14 - Celebrity announces our cruise is cancelled meaning we would have been eligible for a full refund. Travel Agent contacts Celebrity and was told by a Supervisor that since it was less than 12 hours between my cancellation and theirs, they would honor the refund for the cruise fare and set the refund in motion.

May 15 - after reading that many people are getting their refunds for cruises after mine (March 23), I called Celebrity and spoke to a pleasant customer service person who found my file, didn't understand why it was taking so long, but couldn't provide me with any information because I had booked through a travel agent. So I called my TA and she called Celebrity only to find that they had no record of their conversation agreeing to honor the refund. They were going to have to replay the recordings of their conversation to confirm it actually took place.

May 22 - the TA has heard nothing from Celebrity re the recordings so she sends an email to an upper level contact to plead for assistance.

May 27 - the TA receives confirmation from her upper level contact that I am indeed entitled to a full refund, the file has been corrected and he will expedite a refund.

June 2 - received a cheque in full for my travel insurance claim covering my non-refundable airfare and non-refundable hotel

June 10 - still nothing from Celebrity

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

So my PCC fixed the FCC issue (bookkeeping error was the word)...they are applied to a Sept 2020 Cruise...now, I have about 1500 balance left...IF I don't pay that by the final due date, June 27th,  the FCC's are gone.  I wasn't aware of that when I had them applied...so I don't have much choice at this point.  Final pay the cruise, hope it goes...at least if Celebrity cancels, I think I will be made whole on the entire amount paid for the cruise, including the FCC value.  I still don't think it sails.  

I can tell you what my TA's rep told me and her.  One of my cancelled cruises was partly funded with $700 of FCCs.  According to her rep, they will be reissued to me with an expiration date of December 31, 2021.  So my understanding of that is that I will (hopefully sometime in this century) receive a refund of what I paid for that cruise less $700 which will come in new FCCs.  Of course, the FCCs have yet to show up and neither have the credit card refunds that Celebrity owes me.  But that's the current story.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Hooray----after 3 months, I  have finally received my FCC and other fees due on my credit card.  My TA was not helpful so it was up to me to figure out a way to get back what was owed from 2 cancelled Apex cruises. It took a lot of phone calls to different departments at Celebrity. Finally, I found someone who listened and agreed that I was owed all that I requested.  IT FINALLY WORKED. Sadly, no cruising in 2020, so will have to use the FCC next year.

Celebrity canceled our March B2B cruise mid March after final payment. At that time I requested cash refunds for both cruises. Payments back to my credit card came in four deposits starting in April and received the last payment first part of June.  Total credited back to my credit card was 100% spot on. Celebrity canceled our September cruise last part of May before I made final payment. At that time I requested the deposit be credited back to my credit card. I'm sure it won't show up until sometime in late July. 🤞

Edited by davekathy

41 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity canceled our March B2B cruise mid March after final payment. At that time I requested cash refunds for both cruises. Payments back to my credit card came in four deposits starting in April and received the last payment first part of June.  Total credited back to my credit card was 100% spot on. Celebrity canceled our September cruise last part of May before I made final payment. At that time I requested the deposit be credited back to my credit card. I'm sure it won't show up until sometime in late July. 🤞

Actually, the deposit refunds come relatively quickly.  I cancelled a B2B in August (prior to final payment) long after I requested refunds for my cancelled B2B2B cruises in April & May.  The deposit refund was back on my credit card within weeks.  The other refunds?  Lost in refund hell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Actually, the deposit refunds come relatively quickly.  I cancelled a B2B in August (prior to final payment) long after I requested refunds for my cancelled B2B2B cruises in April & May.  The deposit refund was back on my credit card within weeks.  The other refunds?  Lost in refund hell.

Thanks for the info, but I won't be holding my breath.😉

We took the FCC for our April 13 Reflection cancellation. Received that about 3 weeks ago. Today we got our final refund of port fees/taxes and our air that was through Celebrity. The cruise got cancelled March 24. Have faith it will all get refunded eventually. The amounts were weird but in the end totaled the correct amount.

Let me ask this:  To those of you who got FCC and immediately booked or had an already booked cruise, were you able to apply that FCC "the moment" you got that cancellation notice or did you need to wait?

Hi 

we too  are still waiting  for 100% of our refund. We received the Cruise fare and taxes and fees, but are still waiting for what seems to be commission paid to the TA.  I had her call Celebrity to find out what is going on with that and the answer was, They know there is a problem with refunding the commissions but are working on it. The cruise was cancelled by Celebrity ( Alaska 10/5/20) we told them in mid March we would prefer a refund, it took until May 13 for part of the Fare to be credited to our CC.

I am sure others on the board have cruises booked for future dates and so have we, I made a down payment for a Galapagos cruise  in Dec. 21 and Celebrity better their act together and refund the rest of my money. 

Other than this we have been lucky and were able to get full refunds for Flights and hotels with no trouble at all.

April 21st sailing Equinox New Orleans 

Cancelled by X 24/03/20, applied for refund of cruise, and FCC for on board purchases on-line 28/03/20.

Cancellation invoice received from X 19/04/20

13/05/20 received an amount for taxes, grats and on board purchases (so no FCC for on board purchases!)

13/06/20 received remainder owed - cruise fare (over 70+ days).

I have messaged X UK via messenger a few times querying the progress of my refund and their responses have been prompt albeit generally saying it is being dealt with, though the last one did say I would receive the refund in a few days, which I have done.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:32 PM, K.T.B. said:

Let me ask this:  To those of you who got FCC and immediately booked or had an already booked cruise, were you able to apply that FCC "the moment" you got that cancellation notice or did you need to wait?

you cant apply the FCC until you have received your FCC certificate with a code that you need to enter - we re-booked in march as soon as our May cruise was cancelled but we didnt receive the FCC until 2 weeks ago so werent able to apply the FCC until then obviously

We requested a refund for our 6/13 Mediterranean cruise when they announced the last round of cancellations, which was 5/20.  At the end of May we received two different refunds, and last week we received another that is the exact amount of what we paid for our airline tix through CELEBRITY AIR.  

We are still missing about 15% of our cruise fair. I can’t figure it out, but will wait until the end of this month to call. I was surprised that the refunds came through as fast as they did, honestly.