Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

Canceled two cabins on March 19th for a May 16th Princess cruise. Canceled within the 100% refund time period. In April, Princess actually canceled the cruise entirely. My insurance money was lost and my deposits hopefully will eventually show up as a FCC. When I first canceled, we were told 10 days, that morphed to 20, then 30, then 60, then "we don't know." We were also told Princess had "turned off their refund system in March!!!!" 

We filed a dispute with Citibank. When Princess responded to the dispute, they told Citibank the matter was resolved and we had agreed to a future credit in lieu of a refund. Without even checking with us, Citi closed the dispute in Princess favor and reversed the temporary credits, thus making the payment due on the July due date!!! Never could get a response back from Citi after numerous attempts. Needless to say, my blood pressure has been very elevated due to both Princess and Citi tag teaming us in this rope-a-dope!

I am happy to report that we finally got the permanent credits placed on our account on June 26th. Unbelievable how this whole ugly mess was handled. "Cruise With Confidence", I don't think so!!!!!

We have all been exploited by MBA's in the corporate offices using the float on our cash, free of interest. That is as opposed to Princess debt offering of $6 Bln for which they had to pay 12% interest to sell the bonds!!! Absolute scoundrels in my opinion.

Wish everyone luck in getting some of their hard earned money back.

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Excuse me, isn’t this the Celebrity thread?   What does Princess (under Carnival) customer experience have anything to do with Celebrity.   Was this post made by mistake?

Any news about refunds?

On 6/25/2020 at 2:49 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just got my FCC for my cancelled 7/19/20 Summit cruise. Weirdly that took less time than the taxes/fees/grats refund (and some shore excursions from other cruises - one of them was refunded but none of the others I'd cancelled). So we'll see how long that takes.

Did  you change your profile pic?

Or am I confused...

Haven't posted in a while, but figured I would give the latest on the status of our refund. Currently we sit a 96 days since applying for our refund. Multiple attempts to talk to Celebrity proved to be a waste of time, refused to speak with us because we had a TA. Filed a dispute with of CC and got a temp credit, but nothing finalized since.

Finally was able to get a hold of our big box TA who took 2 weeks to look into, but to his credit he did. Got a response from him the other day that stated..."Celebrity has advised everything was noted for the full refund, for some reason it wasn’t disbursing so they manually pushed it through and you should see everything coming back to your card within 14-21 days or sooner". That's a new one on me, anyone else get something like that? Keeping my fingers crossed this will be officially over soon. This has really soured me on the cruise industry and it's going to be some time before we consider cruising again. 30+ cruises, but I think we'll open a different chapter and start exploring other options. 

• Like 1

I've gone round and round with Celebrity, my TA, and her rep.  Everything has finally refunded except for $83 and change.  That was refunded to my friend's credit card, if you can believe that!  The reason we know this is she uses the same TA.  My TA sent me a check to make me whole, but it's not her responsibility--it's Celebrity's.  So I'm not cashing her check.  I'm tired of fighting with Celebrity and am moving on.  But it has not left a good taste and I'm certainly less enthusiastic about sailing with Celebrity.

I still haven’t received vouchers or a response to my email last Sunday. 

if Celebrity don’t issue the vouchers, what recourse do I have? Claim back from credit card company I presume? Hard to believe they won’t even issue a voucher, it’s not a cash refund. 

I’m raising a dispute with Visa on my credit card.

I requested FCC vouchers in lieu of my deposit on the 1st April. Celebrity told me on the 29th May that they were processing my vouchers, as they had been overlooked. Today they told me it will take another 30 days as it wasn’t processed. That will be 120 days, if it even happens then. 

I really have no faith in their system so a chargeback is my only option. Means I won’t have to take a cruise with them. I really think they don’t deserve support if this is how they treat a customer who was willing to keep faith with them as I wasn’t trying to get a refund. 

I know I can’t use the voucher yet to go anywhere, but it’s frustrating.

Edited by AidenL

I haven’t received a voucher yet for our cancelled Apr 17 cruise. I have received many refunds of this and that, i suppose it adds up but haven’t checked lately. But I got curious about my 125% FCC, so I called Celebrity this last Sunday. The lady had to put me on hold for 8-10 minutes while she figured out my account. She then told me how much FCC I was due, I asked for the certificate numbers, she gave me those. I later went online, applied our FCC to a November 2021 cruise I had already booked, quickly got an updated invoice showing zero $ cruise fare. 

So, the system works, slowly, and might need patience  and a bit of prodding now and then, but as long as Celebrity holds onto the M-class ships and sails interesting places, we will be aboard.

Stan

16 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I haven’t received a voucher yet for our cancelled Apr 17 cruise. I have received many refunds of this and that, i suppose it adds up but haven’t checked lately. But I got curious about my 125% FCC, so I called Celebrity this last Sunday. The lady had to put me on hold for 8-10 minutes while she figured out my account. She then told me how much FCC I was due, I asked for the certificate numbers, she gave me those. I later went online, applied our FCC to a November 2021 cruise I had already booked, quickly got an updated invoice showing zero $ cruise fare. 

So, the system works, slowly, and might need patience  and a bit of prodding now and then, but as long as Celebrity holds onto the M-class ships and sails interesting places, we will be aboard.

Stan

That’s a good outcome. You did well there. 

They couldn’t, or wouldn’t do anything for me today despite two calls, incoming and outgoing, said my vouchers ‘might’ issue at the end of July, but there was no guarantee. 

We were due to sail 28th May and I requested the vouchers on 1st April.

We have a booking for June 2021, but if I get this credit card dispute finalised and get a refund, I might just cut my losses and revert to land holidays. Celebrity have left a sour taste for me, it’s just a lot of time and phone calls, all for no positive outcome.

Our refunds and fcc are now resolved.  We can get some cash back from BOA.

We have 2 booked future cruises but may just  write off our $2'000.00 + fcc  if Celeb  continues being unreliable..Not too happy so far but will wait and see,

Had a July 4, 2020 Baltic cruise aboard Silhouette cancelled by Celebrity. We opted for the 125% FCC. For our July 4th cruise we had booked a PH Suite. Along with the TA, we determined a FCC amount of $35,987. Today, I received email from Celebrity that our FCC certificate amount was $12,764.

This is $23,233 less than we had anticipated and actually $16,248 less than the actual cruise fare that we paid.

Suggestions? TIA

11 hours ago, Lane412000 said:

Had a July 4, 2020 Baltic cruise aboard Silhouette cancelled by Celebrity. We opted for the 125% FCC. For our July 4th cruise we had booked a PH Suite. Along with the TA, we determined a FCC amount of $35,987. Today, I received email from Celebrity that our FCC certificate amount was $12,764.

This is $23,233 less than we had anticipated and actually $16,248 less than the actual cruise fare that we paid.

Suggestions? TIA

I ran into this same thing and I'm wondering if you booked through the TA based in NH? I was told that the TA would provide the rest of the FCC but I told Celebrity I was not happy with that and they got with the TA and the TA is paying me the difference. 

I posted off my form to my bank and Visa today to start a dispute to try and reclaim the amount I paid as a deposit. 

Not sure if it will fly, as I’m only entitled to the FCC vouchers.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:43 AM, FighterPilot said:

I ran into this same thing and I'm wondering if you booked through the TA based in NH? I was told that the TA would provide the rest of the FCC but I told Celebrity I was not happy with that and they got with the TA and the TA is paying me the difference. 

I'm assuming we booked with the same big box TA(NH) as you did. We're pushing 100 days since requesting a refund from Celebrity. I'm perplexed about the relationship between Celebrity and this TA. All payments were direct to Celebrity, as was the link for requesting the refund. Yet, Celebrity can't / won't discuss the status of our refund because we went through this big box TA(NH). I'm curious if this big box TA(NH) somehow has played a role in the delay of our refund. 

2 hours ago, treehugr said:

I'm assuming we booked with the same big box TA(NH) as you did. We're pushing 100 days since requesting a refund from Celebrity. I'm perplexed about the relationship between Celebrity and this TA. All payments were direct to Celebrity, as was the link for requesting the refund. Yet, Celebrity can't / won't discuss the status of our refund because we went through this big box TA(NH). I'm curious if this big box TA(NH) somehow has played a role in the delay of our refund. 

Well, the same TA but some difference in that my credit card payments went to the TANH, not to Celebrity. Are you sure that your payments went to Celebrity? In any event, the refunds I got on my one cabin came from TANH. On the second cabin, I asked for a FCC of 125%. Celebrity gave me a somewhat small FCC and then, after numerous telephone calls and broken promises from TANH they said that they, not Celebrity, would provide the rest of my FCC. I went back to Celebrity and argued that this was not appropriate, the entire FCC should come from Celebrity. After about a week the TANH say they would PAY me in cash for the remainder of my FCC. I got that payment credited to my credit card today. 

The issue seems to be that TANH has a special relationship with Celebrity where they apparently "Buy" a block of cabins at reduced price and sell them to us. All that money that we pay them does not make it to Celebrity and thus cannot be refunded by Celebrity. My answer will be to not use a TA in the future if I can help it.

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Well we finally got all of our money back from Choice Air from our March cruise that never happened!  We are so glad!  Restores our faith.  Way to go.😄

Glad for you! Was this a refundable or no refundable fare?