Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

9 hours ago, vettegal99 said:

Happiness is full refund received today from 6/2/2020 cruise Celebrity cancelled on 4/20/20.  Excursions were refunded within 48 hrs.  Cruise fare, airfare, taxes etc refunded today.  

Well this again confirms that Celebrity are all over the place. Our 25 April 2020 cruise was cancelled 29 Feb. We also received shore excursion refunds quickly but still no sign of cruise refund. If bank interest rates were high I might complain more loudly but ah what the hell. I'll just wait...... 

On 6/8/2020 at 7:24 PM, cjcruiser27 said:

Received another amount credited back on my CC, now only short $126.50.  It was posted the 3rd and it I saw it this morning.

Just received another $51.50 credit to my CC from the canceled cruise 3/14.  Only $75.00 left to go.  
In comparison, a Tour was canceled last week for a trip in September, the $$$$ was back in my account in less than a week!  The Tour Operator is based in Australia, it was not a cruise.

We have all our refunds processed but now have to " re- pay " some of the initial credits given by BOA to our card when we filed our disputes. We did not realize that X would  credit our card as well so in some cases we had a "double" refund on our  card.

Not a big deal as the money is sitting there waiting for adjustment but hope no one will be confused or surprised if this happens to them.  Hoping all the math works out and we can take  out any credit balance we are entitled to once the process is finished. 

We  are also waiting for deduction of BOA points associated with the refunds..have not seen that yet.  We are  not using the card right now unless we book a future cruise  in order to use up a fcc and apply  BOA points to any future bookings. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hcat said:

We have all our refunds processed but now have to " re- pay " some of the initial credits given by BOA to our card when we filed our disputes. We did not realize that X would  credit our card as well so in some cases we had a "double" refund on our  card.

Not a big deal as the money is sitting there waiting for adjustment but hope no one will be confused or surprised if this happens to them.  Hoping all the math works out and we can take  out any credit balance we are entitled to once the process is finished. 

We  are also waiting for deduction of BOA points associated with the refunds..have not seen that yet.  We are  not using the card right now unless we book a future cruise  in order to use up a fcc and apply  BOA points to any future bookings. 

Just take 90 days to pay it back. That seems to be standard commercial terms these days.🙄

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mkolbicka said:

Our 16 May Baltic Cruise was cancelled on 16 April.  Requested FCC. Still have not received it.  What has been the normal waiting time to receive a FCC?

Wait times for both FCCs and refunds are all over the map. I'm not aware of any CC member here taking on the task of tracking the actual time that posters have indicated. You might want to go back a few pages and read the more recent posts.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

Amazon can refund my purchase in 3 days but Celebrity takes almost 4 months. This is a crime, Theft by Deception. I received an email from Celebrity on March 18th saying my cruise (April 4-11th) out of Ft. Lauderdale had been cancelled. They said, fill out this form to receive a full refund, I did. After several phone calls I received $2500.00 on or about May 20th. I called Celebrity about the 890.00 they still owed me. They said it was still being processed as the money is often returned in parts. Three weeks later I called back and they stated the computer called my $890 a penalty for cancelling 5 days to soon for no penalty. I said WTH, I cancelled when you sent me the email on how to cancel for full refund now, how can I get a penalty for following YOUR directions. Called today and told everything has been processed and it could take 30 days to hit my card. We need a class action suit and soon. Travelers did that with Delta Airlines and money flowed back into the accounts. Sorry, if you bring an item back to Home Depot would you allow them to take 90 days to refund your money? Why can a cruise company keep money for services they didn't provide? Waiting on hold for supervisor now, probably a waste of time but makes me feel better. Be safe out there. 

• Like 1

Well today I received 5 more miscellaneous credits (making a total of 14) for my 3 cancelled April and May cruises.  Close, but no cigar.  Still $133.09 short.  Think it's time to send Celebrity's accounting department back to Accounting 101.  They also owe me $700 in FCCs.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Are you able to figure out all the charges?

We did one cancellation at a time and it was still a confusing mess!

Hope you will be done with this project soon.

Booking a cruise yesterday went through in record time!

On 6/15/2020 at 9:53 AM, jojo1966 said:

you cant apply the FCC until you have received your FCC certificate with a code that you need to enter - we re-booked in march as soon as our May cruise was cancelled but we didnt receive the FCC until 2 weeks ago so werent able to apply the FCC until then obviously

Thanks!

One last thing, if you have airfare booked through Celebrity, is that rolled into FCC as well?

13 hours ago, hcat said:

Are you able to figure out all the charges?

We did one cancellation at a time and it was still a confusing mess!

Hope you will be done with this project soon.

Booking a cruise yesterday went through in record time!

There is no way to determine what is for what.  This was a B2B2B.  I simply added up all the money I spent for the 3 cruises and subtracted the total of the 14 random amounts they sent me.  That's how I determined what the shortage is.

• Like 2

Applied for a refund on June 3rd for an Alaska cruise in Aug that Celebrity cancelled, just received full refund to my credit cards of both the deposit and final payment amount that I had made a week or so prior to Celebrity cancelling.  Deposit showed up as one credit on card I used for that, final payment credits showed up as three separate credits to a different card I used for the final payment.  

So less than 30 days from final payment to refund and under 2 weeks from refund request to receiving refund.   

2 hours ago, azanthem said:

Applied for a refund on June 3rd for an Alaska cruise in Aug that Celebrity cancelled, just received full refund to my credit cards of both the deposit and final payment amount that I had made a week or so prior to Celebrity cancelling.  Deposit showed up as one credit on card I used for that, final payment credits showed up as three separate credits to a different card I used for the final payment.  

So less than 30 days from final payment to refund and under 2 weeks from refund request to receiving refund.   

We received our refund (most of it) for the cruise within two weeks too..I was expecting it to take a lot longer, so it was a nice surprise. We are still waiting for about 15%of the total, and I’ve seen other people mention it’s the travel agent fees.  Did you use a travel agent, or book direct?

5 minutes ago, NinaBlue22 said:

We received our refund (most of it) for the cruise within two weeks too..I was expecting it to take a lot longer, so it was a nice surprise. We are still waiting for about 15%of the total, and I’ve seen other people mention it’s the travel agent fees.  Did you use a travel agent, or book direct?

I booked directly

• Like 1

Our Iceland/Ireland cruise for May 18, 2020 was canceled on April 16. Requested a refund the dame day. On April 17 they confirmed the request and said 45 days.  Today is 63 days and I planned to file my credit card dispute today but low and behold this morning two refunds for about 80% of what we paid posted.  One was our deposit, the other I am guessing is cruise fare. Lets see if the last $600+ show us soon.  Glad this crap is ending. 

14 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There is no way to determine what is for what.  This was a B2B2B.  I simply added up all the money I spent for the 3 cruises and subtracted the total of the 14 random amounts they sent me.  That's how I determined what the shortage is.

Well being the accountant I had a spreadsheet going with charges and credits matching up. When I got down to $31.51 owed to me I considered the case and spreadsheet closed. I am not wasting anymore time on $31.51 .

Regards,

Kevin Reid

2 minutes ago, FRMPEI said:

Well being the accountant I had a spreadsheet going with charges and credits matching up. When I got down to $31.51 owed to me I considered the case and spreadsheet closed. I am not wasting anymore time on $31.51 .

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Kevin!

If I could get them down to $33.51, I would also consider the case closed.  But over $100 is a different story.  I'm not losing any sleep over this as I simply turn the issue over to my TA and her rep.  But Celebrity is not endearing itself to me with this BS.  I was prepared to spend almost $50,000 with them this year.  All plans turned to dust.  There are many other opportunities out there for me to spend my travel dollars.

Hope all is well in beautiful PEI and that you are doing fine.  I still get shipments of chutney from that wonderful shop you took me to.  As well as their wonderful newsletter.

Mr Click

We were on the same cruise. I cancelled the same time as you, and was credited in 3 amounts all but $600 by 5/18. Finally got that $600 back today. However, we have not received anything from cancelled tours with Iceland Guided Tours that I cancelled 3/17.  Good luck with your cancellation refunds. 

8 hours ago, aldukenew said:

Just received our air and taxes/fees refund today for June 5th cruise that was canceled on April 16th - we rebooked for next June. Still waiting for the the shore excursion refund and FCC.

Allyson

Well, it looks like my August cruise is cancelled, but I'm curious to know about airfare booked through Celebrity.  I paid in full when I booked it.  Who should I contact about a refund/credit?  Airline or Celebrity? 

Edited by K.T.B.