P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

That's good news Ann 141

How are things here today???   A bit redfaced!!!!

A tree surgeon arrived to give a quote for my neighbour and myself.   While he took photos of the job I took some washing in.

He said "You've dropped some luv"

Looked back and had dropped a trail of knickers!!!!!🤣☺️😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Well we have a lovely cat who adores bringing me presents ------ she raids the underwear drawer every night to say she loves me and leaves them 'stuff' all over the house ---- upstairs, on the stairs and in the living room !!!

If we ever had uninvited guested it would look like we've had a wild party !!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Too flaming hot, just had some rain, but not enough.  Need a deluge.

Too true! Here at Silverstone we got some rain but , as always, the main thunder storms seemed to miss us, rumbling in the background. Must be something to do with the local topography as it happens so often.

1 minute ago, Esprit said:

It only reached 27 C here in Madrid yesterday.

Our flight home this afternoon could be fun with the thunderstorms forecast for when we land at Gatwick 😂

Hope you gave enough food in your freezer for 14 days when you get home!

Have a safe journey.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Hope you gave enough food in your freezer for 14 days when you get home!

Have a safe journey.

Nicely put wowzz. I wanted to pass on a subtle hint, but didn't know how to politely word it.

Avril 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought I understood that you could still shop for essentials, even if self isolating for 2 weeks?

The "rules" state that you should arrange to have your shopping delivered, either by friends or relatives or by the supermarket?

However, they do not say what you should do if that is not possible. 

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

The "rules" state that you should arrange to have your shopping delivered, either by friends or relatives or by the supermarket?

However, they do not say what you should do if that is not possible. 

Everyone round to Chequers for Brunch?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought I understood that you could still shop for essentials, even if self isolating for 2 weeks 

As I understand it self isolation means staying indoors and keeping away from everyone until you know you're not infected/contagious. Popping to the shops for essentials sort of defeats the object. 

Avril 

58 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Won't your son have to move out, or are you going to spend your 14 days in the bedroom?

Apparently not, according to the U.K. Government website. Does seen a bit stupid, that he can come and go as he pleases, but we will distance ourselves from him. His room is a “no go”area anyway🙄

53 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Apparently not, according to the U.K. Government website. Does seen a bit stupid, that he can come and go as he pleases, but we will distance ourselves from him. His room is a “no go”area anyway🙄

The government website is quite clear. You should not have any contact with your son. 

"You should not have visitors, including friends and family

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The government website is quite clear. You should not have any contact with your son. 

"You should not have visitors, including friends and family

He's not a visitor wowzz. I think he said his son lives with them.

Avril 

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

He's not a visitor wowzz. I think he said his son lives with them.

Avril 

But you can't quarantine if someone lives with you, and then that person goes out. 

Quarantine means having no contact with other people.

I'll give another quote. Seems very clear to me.

You should self-isolate in one place for the full 14 days, where you can have food and other necessities delivered, and stay away from others. 

Again, just back from Sainsbury's and still many ladies seem to think their noses are immune from covid. All I could see as I gazed upon them was the cartoon thingy that (I think) Kalos posted😱. He has a lot to answer for.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But you can't quarantine if someone lives with you, and then that person goes out. 

Quarantine means having no contact with other people.

I'll give another quote. Seems very clear to me.

You should self-isolate in one place for the full 14 days, where you can have food and other necessities delivered, and stay away from others. 

It's a complicated and difficult situation when you share your home with others. This is another confusing piece of advice. One size doesn’t fit all. 

Avril 

14 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Again, just back from Sainsbury's and still many ladies seem to think their noses are immune from covid. 

When these ladies see others with no face coverings at all, how can they turn their noses up at them if their noses can't be seen?  Obvious really.😁😁

Avril 

• Like 2