P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We are just going up the road to see my daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandsons. I am part of their bubble to help with school while they are at work. There will be no hugging or kissing. Have not had any since March except occasionally from the middle grandson who has autism. He just surprises me with a kiss at the school gates then runs off. We have tried explaining that he shouldn’t do this but either he doesn’t or doesn’t want to understand. I was very disappointed this morning to see lots of young people in London, Liverpool and York all out for a good time last night, not much in the way of social distancing and not a mask in site. All three areas have seen an increase in COVID cases and are likely to be in Tier 3 next week. 

• Like 1

We are going to my mother's (she hasn't been out of her house since the beginnng of August) along with my third daughter and her husband.  My eldest son is going to my second daughter's house. My youngest son is having my eldest daughter and her daughters and my youngest daughter will be there too (if she's not working) as she lives there. So my family are all sorted. 

We will catch up with those we don't see at Christmas later - thankfully we are in teir 1 so it makes meeting up easier!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just me and Pauline for Xmas so I will be checking in on cruise critic just like Avril so we will virtually be with you.

Graham.

Move up the table as I will be calling by as well :classic_smile:

As it is online I will check my antivirus software is up to date :classic_wink:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jennizor said:

We are just going up the road to see my daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandsons. I am part of their bubble to help with school while they are at work. There will be no hugging or kissing. Have not had any since March except occasionally from the middle grandson who has autism. He just surprises me with a kiss at the school gates then runs off. We have tried explaining that he shouldn’t do this but either he doesn’t or doesn’t want to understand. I was very disappointed this morning to see lots of young people in London, Liverpool and York all out for a good time last night, not much in the way of social distancing and not a mask in site. All three areas have seen an increase in COVID cases and are likely to be in Tier 3 next week. 

It is disappointing.

These people think they are immune but as we know on here even school children sadly have caught Covid19 so all these young people out drinking,no masks or social distancing are a ticking time bomb for covid19 infections in January.

• Like 3

Just now, kalos said:

Move up the table as I will be calling by as well :classic_smile:

As it is online I will check my antivirus software is up to date :classic_wink:

Just practicing a top tipped dish, for the table for you;

Bung some Wild Scottish Salmon on a plate, cut away any overhang, bung some more stuff on it, and Waller! Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Snap! And any other day for that matter.

Glad you said that not me. We hate the place. Used to love Hanley when I was a teenage but it has changed so much over the years. Haven't been up to Hanley to shop for years. We used to go to Crewe but that has changed so much too since they lost BHS and M&S. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Just practicing a top tipped dish, for the table for you;

Bung some Wild Scottish Salmon on a plate, cut away any overhang, bung some more stuff on it, and Waller! Enjoy!

Watched that this morning as well, looks like a mean portion of salmon to me! Wild salmon does however taste better so he is right about that.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Watched that this morning as well, looks like a mean portion of salmon to me! Wild salmon does however taste better so he is right about that.

Sainsburys sent me some wild salmon in place of the normal Scottish farmed fillets earlier this year, I thought it was very poor, tasteless and dry, but then I am well known for having no taste.

9 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Have you got room for two more? I'll bring a pudding!  We are house trained😇

We don't mind another table if the first one's full.

Looks like we will be going to the Garden Room as that table can take.8.

IMG-20200517-WA0006.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I think we will have a good Christmas ,regardless of any lockdown rules.

Will we miss not seeing some of our family but if they are all safe and healthy,

what more could I ask for ? 

We are not alone ,many up and down the country, lots will be doing the same thing .

Not just our country , I see Germany are Locking back down  from the 16th of this month

until January.

Reading from some of our past , this should be a walk in the park compared to WW2,

when they were wondering if they would have a un-bombed house on Christmas day

and our festive dinner would have seemed a dream back then .

When I read of a guy who tells you "The best Christmas present was a plank of wood

my dad carved into the shape of a rifle ."  

Then I think ,it's just one year and if Christmas is about loving and caring then I know 

I can still do that whether we are together or not .

One things for sure ..This is a Christmas we will never forget ! :classic_smile:

https://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/Christmas-in-World-War-Two/

Nice one Kalos

As you say, a unique Christmas.  I am one of those poor souls for whom Santa brings a a birthday (I changed it to an official birthday on 28 June this year - that went really well 🙄)

I look forward to joining you on 25 December.  I’ll have a bottle of fizz on the go and you’re all welcome to a glass

The toast is

”2021.  May it bring peace and normality”

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Softie... Yes

Old... Not compared to you... 😂

Andy 

Age my dear young man, is in the heart and mind, and I've been 33 for  the last 40 years. Unfortunately I can't get  the body to agree with me😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 3