P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

It makes no sense to me that anyone at the moment, rules or no rules, would want to travel long distances purely for shopping. I say that as someone living under the Wales wide Tier 4 but also an area with very low Covid rates. What if you broke down for a start?

To be fair to Wowzz we was under totally different situation , there was no new covid,

we had come out of total lockdown and the government advice was to travel and if memory

serves me right the situation did change and he curtailed his holiday and came back home.

Regarding people who go shopping  in our country  regardless of mileage can be potential

burden on our emergency services as you say if they are involved in an accident .

Only last night we had a nasty accident which took up police /ambulances /paramedics/

fire service in a multiple car accident near a shopping centre but I hasten to add that could

have happened anywhere .

As I put in the vaccine thread people will do what suits there needs, the rules are "Avoid"

not you "Cannot" travel so it is up to folks to do the right thing within the spirit of the rules.

Mr Cummings travelled  during a lockdown this is not a total lockdown yet .

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have got up to more snow falling, it is only light so hopefully it won't stick because I can see that it looks like some of yesterday's snow has already melted.

We have snow this morning and it's coming down a bit heavy at the moment.

Mrs K has just nipped up the garden and put bird balls into the feeder and a few cream crackers 

in our hedgerow for the Blackbirds & Robin to eat .

The snow is about 6-7 inches deep ,the temp is 0deg with chill of -5 deg .

This side of the window is a pleasant 22 deg and that is where I plan to stay ! :classic_biggrin:

Have a nice day folks and if you have to go out take care & be safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Agreed, but we went just before the November lockdown came into full effect. 

Since then we have not been more than 10 miles from home.

For me no more than 4.5 miles since last March and that was only once, the other epic journeys average about 2 miles but not during lockdowns. The price you pay for not having access to a car. It is starting to drive me crazy 😟

• Like 2

Just now, kalos said:

We have snow this morning and it's coming down a bit heavy at the moment.

Mrs K has just nipped up the garden and put bird balls into the feeder and a few cream crackers 

in our hedgerow for the Blackbirds & Robin to eat .

The snow is about 6-7 inches deep ,the temp is 0deg with chill of -5 deg .

This side of the window is a pleasant 22 deg and that is where I plan to stay ! :classic_biggrin:

Have a nice day folks and if you have to go out take care & be safe .:classic_smile:

I had planned to go out today to top up our vegetables that plan has changed, I will be staying in, we have vegetables in the freezer so we will just make do with those even though I prefer fresh.

• Like 2

There are rumours that No 10 is discussing a National Tier 5 = lockdown.  No interpretation needed

Personally, I would like to see schools stay closed for January, though I don’t know how feasible that is.

We’re so close to vaccination; why take risks, with yourself or others?

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have got up to more snow falling, it is only light so hopefully it won't stick because I can see that it looks like some of yesterday's snow has already melted.

It looks like my hopes were in vain, the snow is quite heavy now and  where it had melted is now covered again.

2 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

To use a word often seen here, that’s rather disingenuous! You’re working, fair enough, but your photos suggest other activities too. 

I don't think anyone would be interested in photos of any of us at work,plus the thread is about what we were doing that day.

I often open new business  while we are out shopping so not disingenuous at all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't think anyone would be interested in photos of any of us at work,plus the thread is about what we were doing that day.

I often open new business  while we are out shopping so not disingenuous at all.

You didn’t mention that you were working, just photos of both of you shopping and relaxing and a comment that you had driven 170 miles. A perfectly reasonable comment was then made by a poster in response. You now say that you were working. Ok! Both of you? 

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't think anyone would be interested in photos of any of us at work

Oh I don't know Graham , maybe for us who don't  get out much ..:classic_wink:

Here is a screenshot of our lad out in is lorry heading towards Wakefield,

The exciting life of a trucker :classic_unsure:

Tune in next week when he will be calling at Tiers 1,2,3,4 and any others

that the Government may invent .:classic_smile:

Screenshot_20201229-091234.thumb.png.c3b298780dbc372f07916f3e14b5c1c7.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

You didn’t mention that you were working, just photos of both of you shopping and relaxing and a comment that you had driven 170 miles. A perfectly reasonable comment was then made by a poster in response. You now say that you were working. Ok! Both of you? 

It was a bank holiday yesterday.

Out of politeness I will answer but a little rude of you to ask.

I always carry my sales file and samples in the car so always ready to work plus customers ring me often even when I am on a ship or foreign country and I will help them.

Some people ask me to post photos like I do when we go to the beach so a little upset with your attitude.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Agreed, but we went just before the November lockdown came into full effect. 

Since then we have not been more than 10 miles from home.

We drove to Cornwall twice and various other places to hotels. Like you, I feel soooo guilty.🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

We drove to Cornwall twice and various other places to hotels. Like you, I feel soooo guilty.🤣

Don't Tesco says nobody's on the naughty list this year :classic_unsure:

but you do have to buy a half price turkey, plum pud and at least a bottle of wine ,

then you will not feel so bad  :classic_smile: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It was a bank holiday yesterday.

Out of politeness I will answer but a little rude of you to ask.

I always carry my sales file and samples in the car so always ready to work plus customers ring me often even when I am on a ship or foreign country and I will help them.

Some people ask me to post photos like I do when we go to the beach so a little upset with your attitude.

I don’t want to upset anyone least of all you - one of the most pleasant and helpful members here. But I am confused! On one hand you say you’re working but then point out that yesterday was a bank holiday! But that’s all beside the point really. I just echoed the comment made by another member - something about the wisdom of making such a long journey in the circumstances we find ourselves in! You can’t blame people for asking legitimate questions! 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It looks like my hopes were in vain, the snow is quite heavy now and  where it had melted is now covered again.

No snow here just very icy so I think we will have a day at home.

Sitting in bed eating breakfast. just had a phone appointment with my doctor.

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Can we have some pictures of you filing reports, or doing general paperwork. Naughty Graham, buying Pauline a coffee. I bet you feel guilty😁

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am glad I walked the dog earlier when it was more like snow drizzle although it did increase as our walk progressed. It is coming down quite hard now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I don’t want to upset anyone least of all you - one of the most pleasant and helpful members here. But I am confused! On one hand you say you’re working but then point out that yesterday was a bank holiday! But that’s all beside the point really. I just echoed the comment made by another member - something about the wisdom of making such a long journey in the circumstances we find ourselves in! You can’t blame people for asking legitimate questions! 

Indeed. People on here are quick to condemn those in the public eye, so it is only right that similar standards and questions should be asked here. My wife especially would like to know why Pauline is allowed to go 85 miles to a shopping centre, when I won't take her to Meadowhall, 40 miles away?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No snow here just very icy so I think we will have a day at home.

Sitting in bed eating breakfast. just had a phone appointment with my doctor.

How lovely to have breakfast in bed. Pauline spoils you 🤣

No snow here in West Sussex and I am just grateful my morning walkies with Freddie was, for once lately,  not in the rain.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1