P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning :classic_smile: It seems a bit brighter this morning  and it's 6.c  and will

get up to 8.c but with rain expected later ,so that's another day staying in .

Mothering Sunday today so all you mums out there have a nice day .:classic_smile:

My mum is long gone from this world but I can remember the things  she 

taught me as I grew up .As a young child my mother told me I could be

anyone I want to be... Turns out, this is called identity theft.:classic_unsure:

Whatever you're doing today ,take care and stay safe :classic_smile:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Morning Kalos. Much the same here this morning, at least the strong winds have died down some today. Thank you for your Mother's Day wishes, and the same to Mrs K. I shall be staying in as usual, but looking at a huge bunch of tulips, and ploughing through a large box of chocolates  and two bottles of Moscato, one pink, one white (with Frank's help of course)😁. It's a feet up and indulge day, back to the diet tomorrow.😇🤞

Avril

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Kalos. Much the same here this morning, at least the strong winds have died down some today. Thank you for your Mother's Day wishes, and the same to Mrs K. I shall be staying in as usual, but looking at a huge bunch of tulips, and ploughing through a large box of chocolates  and two bottles of Moscato, one pink, one white (with Frank's help of course)😁. It's a feet up and indulge day, back to the diet tomorrow.😇🤞

Avril

Happy mother's day to you Avril and Mrs Kalos and to all mothers on our thread.

Both of our mam's are no longer with us so it is a sad day today for us.

Cold and windy outside but I think we will go outside for a walk later.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

What everyone else has said! Happy Mother's Day to all mums, nans, step-mums et al. Like Avril I have some beautiful flowers which, unusually, smell gorgeous. No chocs for me (another diet) but a fabulously enormous Neom candle. It's a combination of lavender, jasmine and rosewood oils and I lit it last night, put all lights and tv off, and just drank in the wonderful scents - so calming! 

Have a great day everyone and Happy Birthday in advance to Dermotsgirl Girl for tomorrow.

Jane.x

• Like 5

Morning to you all.

Bright and sunny down here too today and the wind has dropped.

Had two door step deliveries from two of my daughters yesterday, for today. One was a plant the other a bottle of Prosecco with chocolates, scones and cream, plus a scratch card which I’ve won £2 on. 

Happy Mother’s Day too, to all Mums . . .

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

What everyone else has said! Happy Mother's Day to all mums, nans, step-mums et al. Like Avril I have some beautiful flowers which, unusually, smell gorgeous. No chocs for me (another diet) but a fabulously enormous Neom candle. It's a combination of lavender, jasmine and rosewood oils and I lit it last night, put all lights and tv off, and just drank in the wonderful scents - so calming! 

Have a great day everyone and Happy Birthday in advance to Dermotsgirl Girl for tomorrow.

Jane.x

Sounds like a nice relaxing evening. Hope you are feeling better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got half a cream tea for Mothers Day!     It was hinted not to prepare a Sunday dinner.

A man arrived with a small box containing a cream tea. It was from my daughter.  Just one tea ...OH can go hungry .  We thought it strange, just one sausage roll, one scone, three sandwiches etc, but laughed and said "Oh well it is Mother's day so we will just share it"😄

Didn't like to mention it to daughter but she asked about contents.  She paid £30 for tea for two so hope it's sorted out soon.

It was like if an online florist sends a duff bouquet.. you don't like to tell the sender!!!!

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 8

Happy Mothers Day.Thinking  also of those who have lost their Mum and  of those who would have liked to be a Mum but it wasn't possible. Just off to phone my Mum!

Edited by ann141
  • Like 16

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Happy mother's day to you Avril and Mrs Kalos and to all mothers on our thread.

Both of our mam's are no longer with us so it is a sad day today for us.

Cold and windy outside but I think we will go outside for a walk later.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.x

Thank you Graham. Mother's Day can be sad for some families. My nephew died on Mother's Day last year, and although not the date he died, it was on Mother's Day.  Enjoy your walk and don't forget the brolly.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Adawn47 said:

Thank you Graham. Mother's Day can be sad for some families. My nephew died on Mother's Day last year, and although not the date he died, it was on Mother's Day.  Enjoy your walk and don't forget the brolly.

Avril

Thanks Avril.

Sorry to hear about your nephew.

Pauline and I met on November 2nd 1978.

My mam died November 2nd 2011.

Paulines mam's funeral ( church+ Crem) was on November 2nd 2018.

Certain days seem fated.

Graham.

• Like 2

This is first Mother’s Day without my mom, she passed away 5 April 2020 aged 91, so it will be a day of remembrance, I didn’t see her last year either due to lockdown, but I left a card & chocolates with Care home manager to give her on Mother’s Day. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 14

18 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I've got half a cream tea for Mothers Day!     It was hinted not to prepare a Sunday dinner.

A man arrived with a small box containing a cream tea. It was from my daughter.  Just one tea ...OH can go hungry .  We thought it strange, just one sausage roll, one scone, three sandwiches etc, but laughed and said "Oh well it is Mother's day so we will just share it"😄

Didn't like to mention it to daughter but she asked about contents.  She paid £30 for tea for two so hope it's sorted out soon.

It was like if an online florist sends a duff bouquet.. you don't like to tell the sender!!!!

Many years back Mrs Kalos had her Mum pass away a few days before Christmas and a few 

years before that her Dad on Christmas day itself. As you can imagine she was really upset

and I felt a bit helpless trying to support her the best I could . To try and make things easier

I decided to book some time away over the New Year and booked a sea front pent house 

luxury break in Brighton ,which had all the things like bathrobes luxury chocolates etc .

The hotel staff were fantastic with us once they knew about Mrs kalos situation. The 

meals were great , the biggest balcony you could wish for. Once we got to New years Eve

we were shown the massive ballroom all trimmed up and asked to choose which table we

would like to be seated at ?  This was all too much for Mrs K became visibly upset . Again 

the staff were great and suggested that we eat alone in our room if we liked ,Mrs K nodded

that would be nice . I said to Mrs K "No need to dress up tonight and lets go for a long walk

along the sea front ."  Which we did . Later on arriving back at our large room we could not 

believe our eyes . Set up in our room was a large dinning table all set out exactly the same

as the ones down stairs Menus and everything , it would not have looked out of place on a

cruise ship. Left was a little note that read.. " Compliments of all our hotel staff please phone

when you want to dine "   The hotel was fantastic with us the only thing that was not quite

right was the luxury chocolates sat in the fridge , a four fingered Kit -Kat :classic_ohmy: That must have

been the most expensive bar of chocolate we have ever bought !   But as you say , we just 

did not have the heart to complain after such great service .

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Many years back Mrs Kalos had her Mum pass away a few days before Christmas and a few 

years before that her Dad on Christmas day itself. As you can imagine she was really upset

and I felt a bit helpless trying to support her the best I could . To try and make things easier

I decided to book some time away over the New Year and booked a sea front pent house 

luxury break in Brighton ,which had all the things like bathrobes luxury chocolates etc .

The hotel staff were fantastic with us once they knew about Mrs kalos situation. The 

meals were great , the biggest balcony you could wish for. Once we got to New years Eve

we were shown the massive ballroom all trimmed up and asked to choose which table we

would like to be seated at ?  This was all too much for Mrs K became visibly upset . Again 

the staff were great and suggested that we eat alone in our room if we liked ,Mrs K nodded

that would be nice . I said to Mrs K "No need to dress up tonight and lets go for a long walk

along the sea front ."  Which we did . Later on arriving back at our large room we could not 

believe our eyes . Set up in our room was a large dinning table all set out exactly the same

as the ones down stairs Menus and everything , it would not have looked out of place on a

cruise ship. Left was a little note that read.. " Compliments of all our hotel staff please phone

when you want to dine "   The hotel was fantastic with us the only thing that was not quite

right was the luxury chocolates sat in the fridge , a four fingered Kit -Kat :classic_ohmy: That must have

been the most expensive bar of chocolate we have ever bought !   But as you say , we just 

did not have the heart to complain after such great service .

A wonderful heartwarming story Kalos. What a considerate and loving husband you are. Now Mrs Kalos is returning the love and care she was shown. The perfect partnership 💕

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My beloved Mum passed away 14 years ago and it many ways it seems like yesterday.....😢

My wonderful goddaughter sent me a huge bouquet of spring flowers for today - I am very blessed.

Wishing all the Mums on here a wonderful day and a hug for all those who find today rather poignant.

• Like 9

My Mum was a WAAF in WWII and died at 11 am on the 11th day of the 11th month.  rather fitting, but impossible to forget.  I miss her hilarious humour.

It's chilly here, but sunny and I have done my 2 walks.  In no pain and have stopped the medication as it's playing havoc with my stomach!  I wish everyone who is a Mum a Happy Day.

• Like 9

Wishing you all Happy Mother’s Day. Had lovely flowers from my wonderful daughter. My lovely daughter-in-law has just been round with a plant and a card. It’s 13 years since we lost my precious son suddenly. She still thinks of me as her mother-in-law for which I am very grateful. Difficult day for me though. 

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Wishing you all Happy Mother’s Day. Had lovely flowers from my wonderful daughter. My lovely daughter-in-law has just been round with a plant and a card. It’s 13 years since we lost my precious son suddenly. She still thinks of me as her mother-in-law for which I am very grateful. Difficult day for me though. 

We are also having a difficult day, 2nd Mother's Day without our Son, some happy memories thinking back to his childhood.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 11

I’ve had a selection of lovely soaps, hand cream, body scrub, bath gels and coffee this morning. Popped over to see my parents and my mother was delighted with the photo album and photos which I’ve been sorting out recently. The one I made for Mothering Sunday last year was quite full but of course I’ve taken far fewer photos this past year. Still, it’s a record of lockdown - lots of baking, jigsaws and nature walks!! 

• Like 5

We have just had a visit from my lovely God-daughter and her husband.  They brought me a "Happy God-mother's day" card and a bottle of Tanqueray gin which I will probably have a little drink of tonight.  She also brought the strangest gift I have ever recieved, she had her first baby scan on Friday so I got a copy of the scan picture.  We were really fortunate that she managed to fit her visit in between showers so we could sit outside for a nice long chat.

Happy mother's day to all mums out there.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, gadabout60 said:

It’s a sad one for me too. My second Mother’s Day without my mum. We lived together for the last 15 years of her life and were very close.

Today would also have been her 80th birthday so it’s a bit of a double whammy. 

Thinking of you and others in this group who have lost their.Mum.I have a friend who lost her Mum last April and it would have been her Mums birthday in March so as you say double whammy.Both my son in law and daughter in law lost their mothers when they were young which makes it difficult.Take Care

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

We are also having a difficult day, 2nd Mother's Day without our Son, some happy memories thinking back to his childhood.

Thinking of you.We expect to lose our parents at some stage in our lives but to lose a child (whatever their age) must be heartbreaking.Take Care

• Like 9