P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Did anyone catch the broadcast of Anything Goes on BBC2 last night.   The Barbican production, with Robert Lindsay and Felicity Kendall.

It was fabulous.  Set on an ocean liner, when cruising transatlantic was a very special thing.  Very funny.  Great sets.  Stunning musical production.

Well worth catching up for a couple of hours of your time on a dank January evening

I certainly did it was great and I saw it in the theatre 

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Upon further research I've found a new word for wowzz to use instead of 'nincompoop'

'Fopdoodle' 😂

Can you tell how bored I am?😏

Avril

I am joining you in the boredom and sacre bleu I just watched call the midwife and found it challenging. Its now set in the late 60s I think. Having lived during that period in a very rural village of just 300 souls my recollection is that no-one had more than 3 kids.Yet the programme still features families where they produce multiple children. Am I missing something? They mentioned the pill in one scene did this just pass the East end by? Just bewildered - are they continuing through the sort of storylines the show was built on when set in the 1950s? As I say puzzled. Plus I found it boring for the first time ever.

I’m afraid we never have tittynopes.  If it’s small enough to warrant that label it’ll just get eaten first off, not kept for another occasion!

Bit of serious stuff now.  I’ve read two different pieces from medics who ought to know what they’re talking about, saying omicron multiplies so quickly it can be galloping around in your throat and moving elsewhere thro the body before virus is discernible in the nose.  Sooooo, tickle your tonsils with the swab before putting it up your nose; never mind what the instructions say.

Sorry folks - back to retching, but it’s in a good cause

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well to keep us happy we are just about to watch Carry on Abroad for the 100th time 🙂

Some of the Carry on films are rubbish but love this one ---- 🙂

Not sure when Carry on Cruising is on ..

My favourite carry on film by far... 

'Room servicings...' 😊

Andy 

• Like 1

Morning everyone ,hope everyone's good:classic_smile:

7.c very misty with heavy rain at the moment . Mrs K is showing me picture from 

her Google (phone) ,which shows you what we were up to in a photo memories .

She was showing me photos of today back in 2017 where we were in Winchester 

ready for our New year cruise ,good memories :classic_love:  I was just saying to her the 

photo's from 2019 onwards will look interesting -Lock down ,booster jabs etc :classic_unsure:

Never mind at least we are here to tell the tale :classic_smile:

Take care and stay safe :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Ardennais said:

Better news. The 4 of us have just received negative results so it’s only my husband ‘suffering’ and grumbling here! 

Isn't there a cosy farm building where he can quarantene. A while ago somebody was born in a stable.🤣

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Isn't there a cosy farm building where he can quarantene. A while ago somebody was born in a stable.🤣

He’s catching up with jobs at home as he can’t sit still for long! He’s got plenty of outside buildings that also need sorting. As a builder, he brings stuff home all the time but never gets time to sort things out properly. It’s like a builders merchant here, 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On a serious note, my husband is ok on the whole, but he had to come downstairs during the night as he was coughing badly in bed. He managed to sleep for a few hours in the armchair so lying down is more of a problem. I’m so glad that he got the flu vaccine for the first time this year. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

@Adawn47 - a treat for you tonight.  BBC4 8pm.  It’s JVT giving the first of the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures 2021 - on virus, titled The Invisible Enemy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0012tzd

Probably something we could all benefit from watching?

Think I would rather watch Gary Barlow destroy another Christmas favourite tbh

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

On a serious note, my husband is ok on the whole, but he had to come downstairs during the night as he was coughing badly in bed. He managed to sleep for a few hours in the armchair so lying down is more of a problem. I’m so glad that he got the flu vaccine for the first time this year. 

Pre-vaccine when I had covid19 in November 2020 It took me several weeks to properly recover and I think your husband has tried to do things to soon thinking he was better after being vaccinated.

I am sorry to hear he has a really bad cough still.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 3