P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning all.Just a quick question for anyone who has sailed from Southampton in the last 12 months with EU ports included.Were your passports stamped at EU ports?We are using up our 90 in 180 day Schengen allocation  in Italy this year.Trying to squeeze in a med cruise inbetween if passports not stamped.TIA Brian.

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Good morning all.Just a quick question for anyone who has sailed from Southampton in the last 12 months with EU ports included.Were your passports stamped at EU ports?We are using up our 90 in 180 day Schengen allocation  in Italy this year.Trying to squeeze in a med cruise inbetween if passports not stamped.TIA Brian.

Not a cruise, but we went to Menorca in October. They stamped us in and they stamped us out. Probably recorded electronically as well.

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Surely, though, Brian, there’s some form of electronic logging in place now beyond passport stamps?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No stamps on our Med cruise in October, but I assume all dsta is gathered electronically.  

Also I understand that days at sea, cruising between EU countries,  count against your allowance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

We went ashore in Portugal & Spain last month.  Didn't show our passports let alone get them stamped.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Surely, though, Brian, there’s some form of electronic logging in place now beyond passport stamps?

They still manually stamp them though Harry.I've got stamps all over the place from last year.At this rate I'm gonna need extra pages,lol.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Thanks guys,seems the jury's out on this one.We'll be legal at Christmas.Might try a cruise then.Cheers,Brian.

How about a cruise around the British Isles?. Norway is not EU. Not the med but.........🤣

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

John and I had a lovely lunch at Posillipo yesterday,we had vouchers from my sister. We went to the one in Broadstairs in November and this time tried one they have in Faversham. As you can see it’s a lovely building 

FF52AC4C-C974-421A-9C19-7C4CE036C54E.jpeg

634DF8F3-5870-4459-9D5E-053F9F9AF50E.jpeg

Our friends took us to the one in Broadstairs last year.The one in Faversham looks good also.

• Like 1

Day of 2 halves here torrential intermittent rain am, cold sun pm. Buy YAY I have arranged insurance for the princely sum of £445 for an annual worldwide, extra cruise care policy with Staysure. Holiday extras are toast where they got that £1500 for one trip to the Caribbean from goodness knows. But I'm uncertain now about the Caribbean I have it in mind to change it to the usual Canaries for December and maybe see how it goes and book the Caribbean 2023/4. I will fit in a last minute cruise or 2 if one pops up.

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

They still manually stamp them though Harry.I've got stamps all over the place from last year.At this rate I'm gonna need extra pages,lol.

EES comes into force later this year, Covid has delayed its implementation, the Entry Exit System will replace the stamping of passports of Non-EU Nationals, and thus record time spent. The documentation says it applies to ports of entry, land, sea and air, so will apply to cruise passengers. I can’t find any information yet on how it will work for shipping as it involves taking  biometric data, which once obtained remains in force for 5 years. In 2023 we have ETIAS to look forward to as well. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

EES comes into force later this year, Covid has delayed its implementation, the Entry Exit System will replace the stamping of passports of Non-EU Nationals, and thus record time spent. The documentation says it applies to ports of entry, land, sea and air, so will apply to cruise passengers. I can’t find any information yet on how it will work for shipping as it involves taking  biometric data, which once obtained remains in force for 5 years. In 2023 we have ETIAS to look forward to as well. 

I forgot to add the U.K. equivalent system is due to come into operation in 2024/25 or possibly later.