P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 1/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, yorkshirephil said:

I am feeling a bit smug, Wordle in 2, it does help when the first random guess has 4 of the 5 letters albeit 3 were in the wrong place.

A lovely sunny day here now the rain has passed, pleasantly warm for time of year

It is amusing how fish chips and whatever form of bread is different around the country, I would order twice wi' bits and 2 teacakes, even though teacakes usually come with currants in and if I was buying from a shop or stall I would order breadcakes if I wanted plain teacakes. 

Feeling a bit smug too as tried Wordle for first time today and got it in 2 helped largely because I had 3 correct letters ( 2 in the right place)as my starting word.Thank you for recommending it🙂

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Feeling a bit smug too as tried Wordle for first time today and got it in 2 helped largely because I had 3 correct letters ( 2 in the right place)as my starting word.Thank you for recommending it🙂

You and me both, Ann. First time for me too, though my wife's already addicted. 

Took me four goes though!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 3°C and a clear sky.

We were sad to hear Meatloaf died yesterday.

We saw him a couple of times in concert and he was excellent.

Graham.

Think quite a few of us will be humming Bat out of hell today……

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Think quite a few of us will be humming Bat out of hell today……

I'll be one if them !

"Bat out of Hell" is one of my all time favourite LPs. So much so,  that I bought the CD version even though I already had the vinyl LP. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Morning all.  

Wordle, very addictive. How do you tackle it ? Random word and hope ? I use the same word which has four vowels and go from there. Got it in three today, best to date.

It is addictive, I always pick a random word with 2 vowels, but not the U and take it from there. I took 5 turns today as my first guess and second attempt didn't yield many clues. The worst words are when you get 4 of the letters but the 5th could have several options, a bit like today's, if you got the last 4 letters there are still several options for the first letter.

Another nice morning here after an overnight frost. We have friends coming today so will try and get out somewhere.

• Like 1

Bless him he's gone to the  🎶Paradise By The Dashboard Light 🎶 :classic_smile:

Never got to see the guy but had many happy hours touring with a tribute band.

Sometimes we look back at the fantastic groups that we had and Meatloaf  was 

unquestionably one of them :classic_love:

• Like 9

I was sad to hear about the death of Meatloaf this morning

He was an amazing showman - we were lucky enough to see him at Wembley Arena in the early 90's.

I'm also a Wordle fan.  I took 5 goes this morning, which was annoying for a relatively easy word. My average has been between 3-4 turns 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Morning all.  

Wordle, very addictive. How do you tackle it ? Random word and hope ? I use the same word which has four vowels and go from there. Got it in three today, best to date.

Agree, addictive.  No system though. First word that pops into my head as long as it has 2 or 3 vowels.  I got lucky and did it in 3 also.  I actually prefer it when it challenges me more - yesterday’s was a 4 but it took some working out because of where I was at stage 3.  

I enjoy the fact that there’s just one a day and (as of now) there’s no ads dancing all over the screen!  I wouldn’t be surprised if the guy who came up with it (a Brit who lives in the USA - accounts for the fuss over the spelling of ‘FAVOR’ used recently) is in talks about how best to monetise the success.  Hope not though - it’s just a nice little interlude in my day.

• Like 1

Cruise Critic management has suggested these non-cruising threads are locked and removed on most of the cruise line boards. I have argued for this one to be saved but, would you all still use it if it moved to The Pub thread?