P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Have managed a plan with the cruise changes/bookings but not yet done the deed will be Thursday definitely as down to see orthopaedic surgeon in Northampton tomorrow to fix up the hip replacement.

BUT some excitement Brother has not fully cast me aside after dumping me as a dinner companion at expensive hostelries. His sailing friend mentioned to him that he was fed up of the potted trees around his house which need regular attention and for which he has to pay his gardener. Brother has jumped in and secured 2 x massive olive trees, 2 twisted conifers and 2 neither he nor I know what they are but his mate had them delivered here today, no charge. I will ring him up when he gets home tonight just to check and proffer something but result. All in fantastic specially made stainless steel planters. The delivery came with a mini fork lift to unload and the man whipped 4 round the back and the olive trees will be the start of my front garden. Not a bad day.

Edited by ccpm

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I was even more cheerful as got it on 3rd guess!

Me too 😇. I’m trying to encourage DH to do it because he’s so much better at so many things than I, but I think I’d get bragging rights on Wordle!  Clue - he won’t play Scrabble with me 😂

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I thought it was fairly simple today - or maybe I was fortunate in my choice of starting word.  I got it on the third attempt - first time I’ve finished in three.

I think part of the charm is that it is only one puzzle per day … it doesn’t run away with hours of your time.  However … if you are truly addicted you will find an App called What Word is exactly the same format and you can do puzzle after puzzle if you wish.

We had a misty start but beautiful sunny afternoon today.  Nice forecast for tomorrow, which is our group walk.  Starting and ending at a pub - now how could that have happened? 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning ,hope everyone's feeling good:classic_smile:

Up nice and early awaiting our Morrisons delivery so just having a read through CC.

I saw this photo which amused me , hope you all have a good day ,keep safe :classic_love::classic_smile:

57763.jpg.25941d18f7a18b20db79dbe69b4f3a22.jpg

• Haha 9

I also got wordle in four ,the trouble is if your first word is not in the puzzle then it can

make life a little harder. @middlehaitch Glad you get to join us regardless of the time

of the day .Sorry you did not get to join us with our "mushy peas" but was impressed 

that your auntie once owned a chippy  t'other side of the Pennines :classic_smile: 

In my youthful years I would dream of dating a girl  who's family owned a pub with a

chippy next door :classic_wink: If I was in a chippy away from my own town I was very careful 

when ordering bread cakes !  :classic_unsure: as no matter where you roam you find they are not 

called that ...Baps /Cobs /rolls ..Anything but what you think they are called  and if 

I went up Scotland I didn't have fish and chips ,I had a fish supper instead :classic_unsure:

Come to think of it, I'm glad I never married into the chippy trade as life could have 

ended up complicated just ordering a meal .:classic_mellow:

Everyone have a nice sleep/day/night wherever you are and stay safe .:classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 6

I am feeling a bit smug, Wordle in 2, it does help when the first random guess has 4 of the 5 letters albeit 3 were in the wrong place.

A lovely sunny day here now the rain has passed, pleasantly warm for time of year

It is amusing how fish chips and whatever form of bread is different around the country, I would order twice wi' bits and 2 teacakes, even though teacakes usually come with currants in and if I was buying from a shop or stall I would order breadcakes if I wanted plain teacakes. 

• Like 5

Afternoon everyone, lovely sunny day here, a bit cold though, just been out with dogs and glad to get back inside. 

Changed my Princess cruise to Rome to Athens May 2023 and booked Anthem of the Seas with grandchildren August 2023. Can’t wait now!!

Stay safe everyone

Michelle

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Afternoon everyone, lovely sunny day here, a bit cold though, just been out with dogs and glad to get back inside. 

Changed my Princess cruise to Rome to Athens May 2023 and booked Anthem of the Seas with grandchildren August 2023. Can’t wait now!!

Stay safe everyone

Michelle

We booked Anthem for this summer. I bet the grandchildren will love it. Many folk on here love the climbing wall and flowrider. We are getting on a bit for that, but will get in a few goes on the dodgems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We booked Anthem for this summer. I bet the grandchildren will love it. Many folk on here love the climbing wall and flowrider. We are getting on a bit for that, but will get in a few goes on the dodgems.

What about mobi scooter polo.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, grapau27 said:

With all the talk of some of the vaccine hubs winding down I was wondering if Jane @Beckett is okay as we haven't heard from her for a while.

I also hope Elaine @emam is okay.

Graham.

I'm worried about Jane too. I'd seen emam's posts on different threads, but there's been no sign of Jane anywhere since Jan 3rd. If I recall during her last posts, she mentioned that horrible flu-like virus was causing problems in her practice, and that she herself didn't feel too good. I do hope all's well and she contacts us, if only to say 'I'm ok'. I'd even be happy with a👍

Avril

• Like 7

I am intrigued by the Wordle what is it? It sounds as if I might enjoy it.

Hip replacement consultation went well. As I thought I may be lucky to even see a hospital bed they are so keen to discharge you. I first need to sort out the dogs but likely in the next 2-3 weeks. 

Emma

Just now, Adawn47 said:

I'm worried about Jane too. I'd seen emam's posts on different threads, but there's been no sign of Jane anywhere since Jan 3rd. If I recall during her last posts, she mentioned that horrible flu-like virus was causing problems in her practice, and that she herself didn't feel too good. I do hope all's well and she contacts us, if only to say 'I'm ok'. I'd even be happy with a👍

Avril

Me too. But just another consideration Jane has decided to retire and I suspect from my own experience that this has brought her a tsunami of extra tasks. I truly hope she is well and wish I knew how to reach out to her.

4 minutes ago, ccpm said:

I am intrigued by the Wordle what is it? It sounds as if I might enjoy it.

Hip replacement consultation went well. As I thought I may be lucky to even see a hospital bed they are so keen to discharge you. I first need to sort out the dogs but likely in the next 2-3 weeks. 

Emma

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Susie Dent loves Wordle too!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-60054293

We had a pleasant walk, though the sun didn’t come out till we’d settled in the pub for our lunch.  12 humans, 3 dogs.  We saw a lovely big deer run in front of us at one point.  If they’re so shy and vulnerable why do they have those prominent white bums?

So, lasagne & bangers and mash.  A “2” day, as in 5:2 diet regime, tomorrow.  Hey Ho 

6C1983EE-9B66-4E76-BB07-FE0F2F517184.thumb.jpeg.a4e58fce7fc1bfeca34e3ccbcfc2f97b.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

My sentiments too Avril.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Susie Dent loves Wordle too!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-60054293

We had a pleasant walk, though the sun didn’t come out till we’d settled in the pub for our lunch.  12 humans, 3 dogs.  We saw a lovely big deer run in front of us at one point.  If they’re so shy and vulnerable why do they have those prominent white bums?

So, lasagne & bangers and mash.  A “2” day, as in 5:2 diet regime, tomorrow.  Hey Ho 

6C1983EE-9B66-4E76-BB07-FE0F2F517184.thumb.jpeg.a4e58fce7fc1bfeca34e3ccbcfc2f97b.jpeg

I spy a pint of Doom! Cormoran Strike will be impressed.

Good morning all. It’s bitter cold here today, the cars are frosted over and the grass looks solid.

On the bright side the house is cosy and my fresh coffee particularly good this morning. That and a muffin from a new recipe I found which replaces a lot of the oil with yoghurt and the day is starting quite nicely. Hope yours will too.

• Like 5