P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Anybody watching "Stanley Tucci:Searching for Italy" on BBC2 ?

Excellent programme,  with some really interesting historical background information.

Yes! Just watched the recording of the first episode. Very enjoyable. 

Hi all,had a better meal last night even though all these places are not Michelin star just medium budget hotels.Anchovies with burrata and lamb chops with chicoria and sauted pots.7 hr drive today and home.1043567429_IMG_20220306_194902947214.thumb.jpg.79bd5cd5a3f41fc5d58113c3bf28d254.jpg220081135_IMG_20220306_192840254212.thumb.jpg.e5f45547573c349c843ceb82a2c4722c.jpg220081135_IMG_20220306_192840254212.thumb.jpg.e5f45547573c349c843ceb82a2c4722c.jpg

• Like 11

A bit of a cold one this morning -1.c and a frost. I knew it was cold this morning as I 

must have slept with my arm out of bed and on turning over to the rest of me  it felt

like a corpse and woke me up. Got a cuppa and the heating on now .:classic_smile:

They say that hypothermia is pretty cool but I'm not really fond of it .:classic_unsure:

Have a good day and take care .:classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

I didn't have 2 starters by the way just clicked twice,lol.

I'll believe you bro😉

You look *ackered. I hope you had a good nights rest and a safe journey home today.

Sis

Edited by Adawn47

Good morning.

A bit on the nippy side this morning, -1c  at the moment🥶 and not a breath of wind.

Emma, I hope you're much better this morning and  that it won't be long before you're back home surrounded by your canine pals.x

Sue, I'm sorry your Mum and Dad have been having an upsetting time recently, but it's heartening to know things have improved for them.

It's strange the role reversal as our parents age, and we are the ones that 'parent' our parents. I was the one who looked after my parents, and now that I have aged I can see things from both ends of the spectrum. There's a delicate balance between giving them the help they need yet them still keeping their independence. I know it can sometimes be difficult to tread that fine line, but it's hard when you're used to doing things for yourself and then suddenly having to rely on others. It caused quite a few heated exchanges with my parents, I can tell you, but I finally understood. You are doing a fine job Sue, because I know it's tiring, juggling, looking after your parents and your family at the same time isn't easy, but try and find a little down time for yourself, it's important for your own health. Take care. x

I think I shall be 'Busy Doing Nothing' today, so whatever everyone else has planned enjoy your day, keep warm and take care. x

Avril

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning.

A bit on the nippy side this morning, -1c  at the moment🥶 and not a breath of wind.

Emma, I hope you're much better this morning and  that it won't be long before you're back home surrounded by your canine pals.x

Sue, I'm sorry your Mum and Dad have been having an upsetting time recently, but it's heartening to know things have improved for them.

It's strange the role reversal as our parents age, and we are the ones that 'parent' our parents. I was the one who looked after my parents, and now that I have aged I can see things from both ends of the spectrum. There's a delicate balance between giving them the help they need yet them still keeping their independence. I know it can sometimes be difficult to tread that fine line, but it's hard when you're used to doing things for yourself and then suddenly having to rely on others. It caused quite a few heated exchanges with my parents, I can tell you, but I finally understood. You are doing a fine job Sue, because I know it's tiring, juggling, looking after your parents and your family at the same time isn't easy, but try and find a little down time for yourself, it's important for your own health. Take care. x

I think I shall be 'Busy Doing Nothing' today, so whatever everyone else has planned enjoy your day, keep warm and take care. x

Avril

Thank you Avril. Very hard as you say. I haven’t pestered them to move because I don’t think it’s my place but they’ve finally realised it has to be done.

Have a good day all.

• Like 7

We have just driven home from  Potters Resort in Norfolk.  Anyone been there?  It's similar to Warners, they say 5star, but it is all inclusive 

.For mass catering the food was excellent, and there were loads of activities, archery, rifles, etc etc.. loads of therm.  We loved the entertainment in the theatre.  It was great.  Lots of laughing both at and about the audience.  A bit non pc but no-one took offence and we laughed out loud.  The dancing troupe were excellent and at least on apar with cruising troupes.  

• Like 5

I have finally found time to sit still and do nothing.  Our craft group to finally restarted today after 2 years of not meeting so I spent the morning there making a really nice card for my sister's birthday on Saturday.  On the way home I went to Sainsburys and found that half of the things on my list were out of stock so a trip to Tesco is on the agenda later in the week.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

On the way home I went to Sainsburys and found that half of the things on my list were out of stock so a trip to Tesco is on the agenda later in the week.

I think the out of stock situation is gradually getting worse in every store. The days of buying everything you need in one store are long gone.

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think the out of stock situation is gradually getting worse in every store. The days of buying everything you need in one store are long gone.

I think you are right, I noticed there were no chain saws and oatymilk at Aldi yesterday, but to be fair they did have tree loppers alongside the babyfood.

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You're obviously living in the wrong places, I haven't noticed any shortages in our local Sainburys or our town centre Tesco, either that or your culinary requirements are far more obscure than mine.

Things are changing I remember going to the butchers shop in our village buying

meats and he would always give me a nice marrow bone for our dog to chomp on .

They were for nowt and today Mrs K spotted them while sorting our online order .

Our butchers shop is long gone but Morrisons will part with a nice Marrow bone for 

the bargain price of £4. !! :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I have just been to Tesco to get the rest of my shopping and have got everything that I wanted.  I know that I recently read that Sainsburys were restructuring their business and I wonder if they are planning to close the one in Stoke because it never seems to be busy.

Newspaper deliveries to this area are very hit and miss at the moment. They come from Shrewsbury and some days, according to my brother, you have gaps where say the Guardian or Telegraph should be. Even the Sun, but that’s no loss! 

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just been to Tesco to get the rest of my shopping and have got everything that I wanted.  I know that I recently read that Sainsburys were restructuring their business and I wonder if they are planning to close the one in Stoke because it never seems to be busy.

They have already closed the Hanley store. We never go to the Stoke store, not a nice area. If you fancy a drive out the Leek store is massive, they also still have the restaurant with a full English! 😁

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'll believe you bro😉

You look *ackered. I hope you had a good nights rest and a safe journey home today.

Sis

I told you before sis,I always look like that.Could have been the half dozen large voddies though.Back home now and getting ready for  our dinner up the road,bro.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

They have already closed the Hanley store. We never go to the Stoke store, not a nice area. If you fancy a drive out the Leek store is massive, they also still have the restaurant with a full English! 😁

I prefer the new one on the A34 at Newcastle.  I called at Stoke because it was on my way home.  We had been in Chesterton and I dropped my friend off in Penkhull.  I have been to the Leek one in the past because it is a nice drive from here if I go via Cheddleton.

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

We have just driven home from  Potters Resort in Norfolk.  Anyone been there?  It's similar to Warners, they say 5star, but it is all inclusive 

.For mass catering the food was excellent, and there were loads of activities, archery, rifles, etc etc.. loads of therm.  We loved the entertainment in the theatre.  It was great.  Lots of laughing both at and about the audience.  A bit non pc but no-one took offence and we laughed out loud.  The dancing troupe were excellent and at least on apar with cruising troupes.  

A mate of mine has been going there since he was a kid.  Now takes his own family there.  They all love it.