P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

35 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Just be as positive and firm as anyone else.   And wear bright colours and jeans, if you feel like it!  That is my motto, anyway.

No definitely not an old dodderer.. well not in the wellbeing sense anyway.  Hair, eyes, gels every month, love jeans and modern clothing.   I have always been the quick adventurous one  .I have a good sense of humour that has got me through many a crisis

One thing we really miss since selling up is the singing and dancing..

I think it's just a saying they have all latched on to in the city.. rather like 'deffo' was the in word a while ago

Maybe it is to do with living in the 'sarf'?  Never heard it round these rustic parts, or in the north.  Trouble is,  it sounds so patronising.  But, they probably say it to everyone nowadays, as you say.  It is even worse than 'no problem'.

• Like 1

Another sunny day here, we went for a walk to one of our favourite places on the edge of the dark peak, sounds a bit dramatic. Even though it looks a bit bleak across the moor as the heather and billberries are not showing much life it was still lovely, 19oC at 09:30 this morning with not a whisper of wind.

P3250009.JPG

P3250013.JPG

P3250003.JPG

P3250008.JPG

P3250001.JPG

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Peeps

thought you guys would know but what are the check in times usually on the arrival day and check out on departure 

is it usually about 12-3pm and then  9/10am ?

Hi, We have just come off Iona. Times aboard will vary. Your cruise line should tell you your time a couple of weeks before. Check out on departure started at 7am. This was for passengers who were taking their own cases off. Otherwise times varied from 8.15am to about 11am. Passengers who tested positive and were in quarantine cabins had to wait till the end and have heard one couple did not get off till 11.30am.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

And these covid tests. Am I right in thinking that all of us 2 adults and 2 kids need to do tests at the terminal (we’ve had both jabs and booster)

and the kids have to do an at home one 5 days before as they are 7&6?

Yes the dreaded tests are still being done at the moment (this could change). From dropping the car to getting on board took 3.1/4 hours!. Joined the queue and it wasn't too bad....took about an hour. Test was only the swab in one nostril. Then we went to a holding area inside and waited for our results. My husband and I had our test at the same time, but my results came through nearly 1/2 hour before his, which made the wait much longer. It was quite quick after that to get on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

Yes the dreaded tests are still being done at the moment (this could change). From dropping the car to getting on board took 3.1/4 hours!. Joined the queue and it wasn't too bad....took about an hour. Test was only the swab in one nostril. Then we went to a holding area inside and waited for our results. My husband and I had our test at the same time, but my results came through nearly 1/2 hour before his, which made the wait much longer. It was quite quick after that to get on board.

I’m more thinking what time will they ask us to arrive. 
looking at a late deal and with annual leave might travel down the morning off etc as I will once hubby is home from night shift. Just used to be that the high tier ones were on the ship first then ours was last but couldn’t remember the usual times. Obviously don’t want to book it if we can’t make it down to Southampton in time. 

7 hours ago, indiana123 said:

...Is there a saying that does that to you?

🙃🤣😄

There are many uses of language language that do that to me but something that is said directly to me that makes me bite my tongue is when you thank waiting staff as they deliver your meal and they respond "no worries". Makes me want to shout "I'm not bloody well worried"...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

looking at a late deal and with annual leave might travel down the morning off etc as I will once hubby is home from night shift. Just used to be that the high tier ones were on the ship first then ours was last but couldn’t remember the usual times. Obviously don’t want to book it if we can’t make it down to Southampton in time. 

Check in time is generally by deck, and varies from ship to ship, unless you are in a suite or at Caribbean tier or above.

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Peeps

thought you guys would know but what are the check in times usually on the arrival day and check out on departure 

is it usually about 12-3pm and then  9/10am ?

Our check in time on Sunday is 15:30 !

5 hours ago, Britboys said:

There are many uses of language language that do that to me but something that is said directly to me that makes me bite my tongue is when you thank waiting staff as they deliver your meal and they respond "no worries". Makes me want to shout "I'm not bloody well worried"...

I have once replied to 'no worries' with 'I am not in the least worried'.  I am often tempted to say, usually over the phone, please stop saying that to the people who say 'no worries',' no problem', or 'bear with me' constantly.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lincslady said:

Brian, wowzz and Harry - thank you all for your advice.  My 'boilerman' is a local, lovely chap, and totally trustworthy.  When I asked him a few years ago if we might need a new one, he asked how old I was!!    as he had had eventually to renew one for an old lady who sadly died a week later!  I may make it last me out, but think I will ask him if a new one would be pressurised.  Don't know how old the system is, but the pipes are single narrow ones.  I think it is just that he wants to do the best job possible; he is not greedy for money at all.  (Unlike our local Heathaus, who we used previously, and were pricey and horrid).  Apologies for taking up space here for a personal matter, but you have been very helpful.

LOL,love that one.Is he gonna make you rewrite your will to make sure he gets paid.Joking aside,if he's been good go with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning everyone.

Hope everyone is keeping/recovering well.

Bright and sunny again down here and not a breath of wind.

Have been busy baking again for this weekend for my granddaughter's birthday party this time. We're having a BBQ so hopefully it will be nice and warm.  

I must remember that the clocks go forward tonight too! 

Take care and enjoy the weekend whatever plans you have.

• Like 4

Hello from sunny Dorset.

A quiet weekend here with just some chores to do like cutting the grass to enjoy. Although I always love my daily walks with Freddie (unless he rolls in something unmentionable).

The clocks going forward in Spring are always an opportunity to reset Freddie’s meal times and body clock. Currently he wakes around 0530 and is having his breakfast around 0545 so that will become 0645 tomorrow 😀🐶

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• Like 5

Morning everyone from a sunny Lancashire. Lovely blue skies and no breeze at the moment.

Just had breakfast in bed and hubby is about to take dogs for a walk on the beach.

Lots of gardening jobs to do this weekend so glad it’s going to be nice weather.

Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

Michelle

• Like 4

Driving down to Southampton later for a pre-cruise night of hedonism and debauchery at the PI at the airport. Feel free to join us - knock three times at room 298, and ask for Big W. Please bring your own Sanatogen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

11 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

It has something to do with what deck you are on.

September 2021 Iona deck 10 boarding time 13.15pm.

March 2022 Iona deck 14 boarding time 15.15pm.

Graham.

11 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I don't think it matters if yiu arrive after your boarding time as long as you arrive an hour before baording closes.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Driving down to Southampton later for a pre-cruise night of hedonism and debauchery at the PI at the airport. Feel free to join us - knock three times at room 298, and ask for Big W. Please bring your own Sanatogen.

I bet the ladies say" WOW WOWZZ."

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Is there anywhere or anything people would recommend doing if we arrive down in Southampton a few hours early. 
we have 7&6 year old that need entertaining 

Go into West Quay shopping centre deck 7 from the multi storey car park and have a nice breakfast in Carluccios which is just inside the entrance.

There is a make your own soft toys shop opposite which seemed popular.