P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We had the same on our car ,the service warning light came on but it had just recently been done .:classic_ohmy: The garage had not reset it .Lucky for me I knew how to do this using the trip meter buttons .

Another few hours I will be at the Hozzie having my eyeballs reset with the annual screening service they do. That's me eyes looking like a barn owl for the next few hours :classic_mellow:

Have a good day everyone and take care or get better :classic_love::classic_smile:

Hope all goes well at the hospital Kalos, sounds alarming!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We had the same on our car ,the service warning light came on but it had just recently been done .:classic_ohmy: The garage had not reset it .Lucky for me I knew how to do this using the trip meter buttons .

Another few hours I will be at the Hozzie having my eyeballs reset with the annual screening service they do. That's me eyes looking like a barn owl for the next few hours :classic_mellow:

Have a good day everyone and take care or get better :classic_love::classic_smile:

I always try the reset feature before having it checked out by a garage. If the problem is real the warning light will reocurr, but if it's just a software glitch you can save yourself money.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, pete14 said:

the satnav went mad, losing the route and changing where it was taking us (fortunately I knew which way to go because I only use satnav for traffic warnings), telling me my phone was disconnected (I knew that because I had disconnected it) and worst of all beeping at me every few seconds as I was trying to concentrate on driving. As it is a built in sat nav and not a separate Tom Tom or something, I couldn’t turn it off. 

Sounds like the Bonnie Tyler model; tells you to "Turn around" gets you "Lost in France" and "Every now and then I fall apart"

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Another few hours I will be at the Hozzie having my eyeballs reset with the annual screening service they do. 

I know my brain is in a fog just now, but I've tried to process that sentence, and I really hope you only mean a full eye test. Having 'eyeballs reset' sounds just awful. I'm cringing as I'm typing this. I hope all goes well.

Avril

• Like 1

Just now, Adawn47 said:

I know my brain is in a fog just now, but I've tried to process that sentence, and I really hope you only mean a full eye test. Having 'eyeballs reset' sounds just awful. I'm cringing as I'm typing this. I hope all goes well.

Avril

Yep I was joking ..All they do is put drops in my eyes to dilate them and then take photo's 

of the insides etc . Have it done each year ever since I became type2 . Sort of MOT :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Sounds like the Bonnie Tyler model; tells you to "Turn around" gets you "Lost in France" and "Every now and then I fall apart"

Wherever possible I always as a driver  try to use the road signs and not rely too

much on the sat nav's  .... Oh look here's another one :classic_unsure:

086bb988c01e41380e92b012b5c1b4e6.jpg.3f2c8e0b62dfc633b2439e93c18b9727.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Yep I was joking ..All they do is put drops in my eyes to dilate them and then take photo's 

of the insides etc . Have it done each year ever since I became type2 . Sort of MOT :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

Well, that's a relief😌

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A day or so ago I mentioned that Morrisons had no petrol. Well we were in a different town today and passed  Morrisons. They had petrol but the queue was way up the road.  Then we popped in the Co-op at Bobbing,  for milk, and their petrol station had big notices saying "no fuel".

Is this just round here.. I haven't heard or seen it mentioned elsewhere.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Wherever possible I always as a driver  try to use the road signs and not rely too

I think that I was reading this sign to my husband on the way down to Southampton after we did a detour when he ignored the Sat Nav and missed a turning off the the M40.🤣

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I think that I was reading this sign to my husband on the way down to Southampton after we did a detour when he ignored the Sat Nav and missed a turning off the the M40.🤣

Last time we drove to Southampton got stuck in a jam on the M25 about two junctions before the M3 turnoff.   Got off the M25 a junction early, hoping to rely on the sat nav.  Constantly got "turn around".  Luckily there were signs for Staines, and I know where that is, so just followed those signs.  Sat nav only stopped telling me to turn round after we started seeing the M3 signs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I hope everything is fine with your eye check today Kalos.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Is it true that the over 90s photos come out in black and while and that those who have passed 100 have an artist to draw them? 😇🥴

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, pete14 said:

No service warning lights coming on but as we were driving over to Wales yesterday, the satnav went mad, losing the route and changing where it was taking us (fortunately I knew which way to go because I only use satnav for traffic warnings), telling me my phone was disconnected (I knew that because I had disconnected it) and worst of all beeping at me every few seconds as I was trying to concentrate on driving. As it is a built in sat nav and not a separate Tom Tom or something, I couldn’t turn it off. 

Probably due to a passing UFO. 👽😬

7 hours ago, indiana123 said:

A day or so ago I mentioned that Morrisons had no petrol. Well we were in a different town today and passed  Morrisons. They had petrol but the queue was way up the road.  Then we popped in the Co-op at Bobbing,  for milk, and their petrol station had big notices saying "no fuel".

Is this just round here.. I haven't heard or seen it mentioned elsewhere.

We have fuel problems in parts of Shropshire, Sainsburys seem to have a supply problem as closed more than open.

I had it is due to protests at fuel depots. 

9 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

My sat nav once told me to “make a u-turn when possible” when in a tunnel in Rouen France. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, pete14 said:

No service warning lights coming on but as we were driving over to Wales yesterday, the satnav went mad, losing the route and changing where it was taking us (fortunately I knew which way to go because I only use satnav for traffic warnings), telling me my phone was disconnected (I knew that because I had disconnected it) and worst of all beeping at me every few seconds as I was trying to concentrate on driving. As it is a built in sat nav and not a separate Tom Tom or something, I couldn’t turn it off. 

Perhaps you need a Tom Tom Jones for Wales.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Last time we drove to Southampton got stuck in a jam on the M25 about two junctions before the M3 turnoff.   Got off the M25 a junction early, hoping to rely on the sat nav.  Constantly got "turn around".  Luckily there were signs for Staines, and I know where that is, so just followed those signs.  Sat nav only stopped telling me to turn round after we started seeing the M3 signs.

It drives me mad when sat navs do that!

10 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We got lost in France driving you can imagine what I kept singing!

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, kalos said:

LOL.that was me and the Mrs driving to Italy b4 we got a sat nav.Printed off Via Michelin route instructions,it's a miracle we got there.

• Haha 1

Morning all,good journey home yesterday.We normally get a 60-70 euro cab for the 50 mile journey to the airport,there is now a bus for 4 euro each,how bad's that.Ryanair on time,we don't pay for ANY extras now not even cabin bags.With the RAS I was placed in row 10 in 3 empty seats and my OH in row 5 in 3 empty seats.So guess what after the doors shut I jumped in with her.For about 20 quid each for this leg,well worth it.I couldn't believe our luck when we walked straight to the front at the passport scanners,last November took 90 minutes.Home indoors by 7.30.Good old English ruby takeaway tonight,cheers,Brian.

• Like 12