P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all,

Bright and sunny again down here although it's still breezy.

Learnt yesterday that my granddaughter has covid again, but not suffering badly.

Had one of those nights where I kept waking up, and got up in the end at 6am, which is the last thing I needed as we travel up to Bristol overnight! Today I'm going pay a quick visit to Mum's before I get the last minute packing done. 

Have a good day and take care.

Pam 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning all,

Bright and sunny again down here although it's still breezy.

Learnt yesterday that my granddaughter has covid again, but not suffering badly.

Had one of those nights where I kept waking up, and got up in the end at 6am, which is the last thing I needed as we travel up to Bristol overnight! Today I'm going pay a quick visit to Mum's before I get the last minute packing done. 

Have a good day and take care.

Pam 

Best wishes for your granddaughter to recover quickly.

Hope you have a lovely holiday Pam.

8°C and cloudy here this morning.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks - looks great. We always love an aft cabin and had originally booked an aft cabin on deck 11. Just to ask if there was any water from the infinity pool as rumour has it that it can come down on to the aft balconies.

@Presto2.

Water from the infinity pool on deck 16 caused by irresponsible people is an issue for aft balconies on Iona.

The lower decks including 11 would have the large white roof of the sunset bar affecting their views and were reported to be worse affected by water from the infinity pool.

We had deck 14 which is higher than I would like normally but because I knew about the sunset bar roof it was perfect.

IMG_20220318_143452.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Lovely sunny day here but cold. Just to show I know how to live I am taking a trip to North Walsham - why? To go to Waitrose. All round me is jam packed with folks and yesterday I tried to get to quite a few places to walk the low riders but not able to park. Today they are with the dog walker and yep I'm reliably informed that North Walsham isn't tourist central so I am off there to shop and have lunch.

I'm all packed and ready to go, just waiting now for the car to pick us up in a couple of hours time. I'm feeling tired as have been up since 6am and although I tried to have a siesta this afternoon, as we will be up all night, next door decided to mend his fence🙄 so his banging put paid to that idea. Hopefully I will be able to get some sleep on the journey.

I don't know what I will be able to pick up in the way of internet while away so will catch up with what is going on when I can.

Take care and stay safe. 

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I'm all packed and ready to go, just waiting now for the car to pick us up in a couple of hours time. I'm feeling tired as have been up since 6am and although I tried to have a siesta this afternoon, as we will be up all night, next door decided to mend his fence🙄 so his banging put paid to that idea. Hopefully I will be able to get some sleep on the journey.

I don't know what I will be able to pick up in the way of internet while away so will catch up with what is going on when I can.

Take care and stay safe. 

Have a great holiday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Take care and stay safe. 

Sending you our best wishes for an awesome holiday Pam.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Take care and stay 

Have a brilliant holiday

Stay safe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

End of a busy day, cleared much of the Ivy, Goosegrass and holly seedlings from the hedge that runs by my garage, will sow wild flower seeds tomorrow will brighten up that area when they flower. Potted on 60 Petunia Seedlings, sowed dwarf French beans, beetroot and some basil.

After all that gardening my wife said do I fancy going to lunch, we went to out favourite pub restaurant I had Tempura Sea Bass starter with a mango & pepper chilli salsa, I had the steak burger with pancetta, Monterey Jack Cheese and fries and tomato chilli mayo, with sticky toffee pudding & vanilla ice cream. My wife had Brussels pate with celery & carrot sticks as the gluten free bread was not available, gluten free beer battered code with chunky chips and mushy peas, with gluten free triple chocolate brownie to finish. No photos as I had forgotten my phone which was at home charging. 

After that dropped by our local independent family run garden centre to pick up 3 glazed plant pots for patio as our 2 zinc pots were going rusty and one ceramic post was cracked following a frost over winter.

This evening ordered capillary matting and a new hatch for our ceiling void in order to meet gas safety regulations for new flue as current one too small. 

Looking at 2023 cruise tonight, got the choice down to 5, need to make our mind up whether to do a cruise or a trip to Canada. 

Don’t know where all the time went, but should sleep well tonight.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

End of a busy day, cleared much of the Ivy, Goosegrass and holly seedlings from the hedge that runs by my garage, will sow wild flower seeds tomorrow will brighten up that area when they flower. Potted on 60 Petunia Seedlings, sowed dwarf French beans, beetroot and some basil.

After all that gardening my wife said do I fancy going to lunch, we went to out favourite pub restaurant I had Tempura Sea Bass starter with a mango & pepper chilli salsa, I had the steak burger with pancetta, Monterey Jack Cheese and fries and tomato chilli mayo, with sticky toffee pudding & vanilla ice cream. My wife had Brussels pate with celery & carrot sticks as the gluten free bread was not available, gluten free beer battered code with chunky chips and mushy peas, with gluten free triple chocolate brownie to finish. No photos as I had forgotten my phone which was at home charging. 

After that dropped by our local independent family run garden centre to pick up 3 glazed plant pots for patio as our 2 zinc pots were going rusty and one ceramic post was cracked following a frost over winter.

This evening ordered capillary matting and a new hatch for our ceiling void in order to meet gas safety regulations for new flue as current one too small. 

Looking at 2023 cruise tonight, got the choice down to 5, need to make our mind up whether to do a cruise or a trip to Canada. 

Don’t know where all the time went, but should sleep well tonight.

I’d have slept well after that lunch! Dedicated gardeners always impress me, well done for such a productive day. We’ve gone the other way with a low maintenance option since this fellow arrived, but he seems to love it. The cone is coming off on Saturday which will be a relief to him and all of us.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I’d have slept well after that lunch! Dedicated gardeners always impress me, well done for such a productive day. We’ve gone the other way with a low maintenance option since this fellow arrived, but he seems to love it. The cone is coming off on Saturday which will be a relief to him and all of us.

Your boy still seems to be enjoying himself with cone on and great video.

When Freddie had to wear the cone of shame he just sat there staring at the floor….. A pitiful sight!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Your boy still seems to be enjoying himself with cone on and great video.

When Freddie had to wear the cone of shame he just sat there staring at the floor….. A pitiful sight!

"The cone of shame" - a phrase I'd never heard of until one of our neighbours said it when they saw him. Teddy was really groggy and subdued just after the op, so much so that when our son came home home school he pottered onto the drive then just collapsed into his arms. It was a worry but after a good night's sleep he was much more perky and has been pretty much his usual self all week.

Ted.jpg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 11

9 minutes ago, DamianG said:

"The cone of shame" - a phrase I'd never heard of until one of our neighbours said it when they saw him. Teddy was really groggy and subdued just after the op, so much so that when our son came home home school he pottered onto the drive then just collapsed into his arms. It was a worry but after a good night's sleep he was much more perky and has been pretty much his usual self all week.

Ted.jpg

Oh the poor little thing. I must have missed your post about Teddy, Damian, what was wrong with him?

Avril

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh the poor little thing. I must have missed your post about Teddy, Damian, what was wrong with him?

Avril

Thanks Avril, he's absolutely fine. Nothing wrong with him, just went for "THE" operation that a lot of male puppies go for.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Ted.jpg

I just melted at that picture, such a tender moment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mickey1959 said:

We have a little cocker spaniel orange roan, he is 10months old.

He's going in for his next month!!!!

Sounds like a gorgeous looking boy, hope it all goes well for him and you. 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DamianG said:

Thanks Avril, he's absolutely fine. Nothing wrong with him, just went for "THE" operation that a lot of male puppies go for.

I'm not surprised he's feeling a little sorry for himself.😉 No wonder they call it 'a dog's life'.

Avril

• Haha 2