P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Even though we had rain overnight and early this morning, I have just been in garden to a bit of deadheading & light pruning, the rain appears to have only touched the surface, the soil is still bone dry underneath. With much of the country only getting 24% of its normal rainfall in July, it’s going to take days of steady rain to make up for it. 

Lake Vyrnwy about 40 or so miles to west of us, is only 62% full, it’s lowest level in July since the drought of 1995, it’s that low that parts of the “drowned” village of Llanwyddyn can be viewed and walked amongst. 

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Even though we had rain overnight and early this morning, I have just been in garden to a bit of deadheading & light pruning, the rain appears to have only touched the surface, the soil is still bone dry underneath. With much of the country only getting 24% of its normal rainfall in July, it’s going to take days of steady rain to make up for it. 

Lake Vyrnwy about 40 or so miles to west of us, is only 62% full, it’s lowest level in July since the drought of 1995, it’s that low that parts of the “drowned” village of Llanwyddyn can be viewed and walked amongst. 

We now have the most beautiful green lawns thanks to two days of steady and heavy rain and the ground underneath is now softening up , wind is now picking up so if it does stop raining it will dry things up again

It is lovely day here today, not a cloud in the sky and was 19 degrees about two hours ago so maybe a bit warmer now. There is a breeze but it is pleasant. A bit different from yesterday when it rained all day.

Have a nice day everyone

Michelle

• Like 3

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

After rain this morning it turned out quite nice.

We had lunch in a nice garden centre and later I drove to Seaton Carew near Hartlepool so Pauline could see the Darwin house from the TV series Canoe man.IMG-20220730-WA0003.thumb.jpg.81645f11b89b1b208c78afd194816f18.jpg IMG_20220730_125603.thumb.jpg.cafbf0b5791c86c39abc2ea9c64e3ab4.jpg

IMG_20220730_162232.jpg

I’ve  just watched that on iplayer, incredible it’s a true story!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Brilliant win for the Lionesses, great game, we are proud of you

+1 puts the blokes to shame with their resilience to fouls and not diving.

• Like 5

I'm not a football fan, but watched all of this - really good, about time we did well at something, and the women were wonderful.   Dare I say that to my untutored eye they look much more accurate in passing than the men, and (unlike Germany a couple of times ) did not fall down in pretended agony.

Now if only we could have had Russell win the GP instead of the ubiquitous Verstappen, would have been a perfect sporting day,

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I'm not a football fan, but watched all of this - really good, about time we did well at something, and the women were wonderful.   Dare I say that to my untutored eye they look much more accurate in passing than the men, and (unlike Germany a couple of times ) did not fall down in pretended agony.

Now if only we could have had Russell win the GP instead of the ubiquitous Verstappen, would have been a perfect sporting day,

2 more laps in the rain Lewis would have caught him.Not impressed with MV effing and blinding and throwing his toys out the pram at his engineer when things go wrong.

• Like 3

We have watched all the matches the Lionesses have played in this tournament and todays superb victory was a culmination of the teamwork and the skills of Sarina Weignan in making the players believe they could win the trophy. #DoneUsProud 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Breaking news,Ferrari chief strategist applied to run dodgems at Skeggy,they told him to sod off.

Brilliant. Have Mercedes left it too late?, will RB run out of engines ?. Can Ferrari stop tripping over?. Long way to go.🤣🏎️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

+1 puts the blokes to shame with their resilience to fouls and not diving.

Watched the GP and as DW describes it...The dross afterwards. Out for an Italian and watched the footy, which we recorded. Didn't have the radio on in the car. Didn't look on here or faceache. It appears I upset somebody with dodgy hair curlers. A first for me there. Well done England🤣.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We have watched all the matches the Lionesses have played in this tournament and todays superb victory was a culmination of the teamwork and the skills of Sarina Weignan in making the players believe they could win the trophy. #DoneUsProud 

Well said. Sarina made all the difference.

P&O could do with some calm, measured professional leadership. Time for Paul to step down and Sarina to take over!   

• Like 3

Good morning to all this morning sunshine again down here and dry as a bone with no rain , what a brilliant Sunday of sport yesterday with the F1 Hamilton & Russell and then the ladies football and then the commonwealth games .

Finishing my packing today has I’m off to fuerteventura for two weeks to look after father in law and a dog so only half a holiday for me because I have to cook 😁 but it will be hot out there and at least they have a swimming pool next door to cool down in .

Hope all that’s going on a cruise have a wonderful time and those staying at home continue to have a relaxing summer 😎

• Like 6

We have  lovely warm morning, not a cloud in the beautiful blue sky.

Off out soon to my regular Monday morning craft group ( aka coffee and natter ).  The plan is to go out for a walk along the canal from Barlaston to Stone this afternoon so I am hoping that the weather stays fine.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 6