P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

I really want one of those beer glasses @wowzz put it in your handbag will you! 😂

I bet you would be pheasantry surprised if he got you one 😉

Wowzz with a handbag  (Radley of course )  Are you sure ? :classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That  paragraph bought a smile to my face.

I have very fond memories of the liberty bodice and it's sticky rubber buttons😬.

Avril

My aunt in Canada sent ours over for us each year. They were a lovely cream or salmon pink fleece and much nicer than than the U.K. versions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

The Ninja Foodi Multicooker came yesterday, croissant done in 8 minutes this morning, roast chicken on the go for this evening, very quiet whilst in pressure cooker mode, no rattling like the old Prestige ones. 

We’re doing steak and kidney pie in our Ninja tonight. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Rubber buttons or posh ones?😁

Avril

Sorry Avril, but every time I read one of your posts and see your picture I see Joan Sims from the Carry On Films. You are just so much like her --- and to be honest she was one of my favourites 😉

I think I've said this before, but your photo always makes me smile x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The chat about life years ago inspired me to make lobby which both DH's and my mum used to cook for us in the winter.  I think that lobby is a Stokie name for a meat and vegetable stew with dumplings.  I imagine that every area has a similar dish.

DH said that he knows that winter is coming when we start to have this sort food.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The chat about life years ago inspired me to make lobby which both DH's and my mum used to cook for us in the winter.  I think that lobby is a Stokie name for a meat and vegetable stew with dumplings.  I imagine that every area has a similar dish.

DH said that he knows that winter is coming when we start to have this sort food.

Hers it’s stovies. A meat and onion dish popular in winter.

58 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry Avril, but every time I read one of your posts and see your picture I see Joan Sims from the Carry On Films. You are just so much like her --- and to be honest she was one of my favourites 😉

I think I've said this before, but your photo always makes me smile x

Thank you Presto, I have a similar reaction when I see my picture.

I think it's called hysteria😂

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lobbie to me sounds like lobscouse; the Liverpool term for 'scouse', the stew dish, which I think derives from the Norwegian (or other Scandinavian) dish  lobskaus, which is where the term scouse and scouser came from.  Sorry, a bit convoluted - it is nearly my bedtime.

• Like 5

Just been reading through all your posts and can relate to the frost on the windows. The window in my bedroom never closed properly and in the winter Dad would nail a sheet of clear plastic over it to try keep the draught out, but it was still freezing in there. In the morning I would often pull my clothes into the bed to warm up and then get dressed.🥴 Heating was a fire in the front room and we would sometimes have an electric heater in the dining room to take the chill off before our meal.

Had a  busy day,, first off took a trip out to Tescos shopping and up to Truro with my daughter, as there are no trains today for her flu jab. She realised when we were in the queue in Boots, she had the wrong day, her appointment is for tomorrow. 🙄 So as I was there decided to take at trip to Hobbycraft, so at least the trip wasn't wasted. It was pleasant walking around Truro in the sun and it felt quite warm too. The cathedral bells were ringing for well over an hour and it was nice to hear them around as we walked around.

20221008_134330.jpg

• Like 12

When I was a student (no sniggering) back in 197? I had a basement flat in Morecambe with an outside loo. I found that it was possible, in the height of winter, when waking up on the morning , with mind control (!), to  get dressed and drive to Lancaster campus before needing to partake of the centrally heated "facilities ". 

Nowadays, of course, I wouldn't even get to the dressing stage before a visit is in order.

Ah, the joys of youth !

Edited by wowzz
  • Haha 11

Good morning everyone it's a sunny 5.c this morning .

I think we can declare summer as over and if I was in any doubt our TV reassured me 

as the adverts played away .I was drawn to the sound of Roy Wood singing that he 

wishes it could be Christmas everyday !   Well at least a shop called Very wishes it

to be so..   Keep safe and wrap up warm guys .:classic_love:

• Like 6

A partially sunny day here although there's a bit of a breeze and a pleasant 15C. 

After going up to Truro yesterday for her flu jab by daughter recieved a phone call this morning cancelling her appointment, although they could offer her another it wasn't until the end of the month which she isn't able to take. . She expected to have it last week when she had her covid one, but was told she couldn't have both together -  it looks as though she might be destined not to have it!

16 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you Presto, I have a similar reaction when I see my picture.

I think it's called hysteria😂

Avril

A friendly and happy face is what I see.

11°C and sunny here.

We were first in church this morning so I took a photo from our regular seats.

Wishing everyone has a nice day.

IMG_20221009_120020.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

Long time no post. Short story major health issues. Result moved to Olney in Bucks as close to my brother. House in Holt still with me but may well be sold when I have the strength to deal with it. My low riders have been a bit taken aback but Brother and wife have been sterling. They woofs are with me in the new house and all is well. Have i cruised? Yes I have Brother and I did a very cheap Ventura cruise in September. I had a cruise booked late November and as it is now been sold through I have cancelled and we have rebooked a suite for 3 weeks sewing 2  cruises together. SIL did  not want to come so she is dog sitting.  Think that is all my uneventful update

Emma 

2 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Long time no post. Short story major health issues. Result moved to Olney in Bucks as close to my brother. House in Holt still with me but may well be sold when I have the strength to deal with it. My low riders have been a bit taken aback but Brother and wife have been sterling. They woofs are with me in the new house and all is well. Have i cruised? Yes I have Brother and I did a very cheap Ventura cruise in September. I had a cruise booked late November and as it is now been sold through I have cancelled and we have rebooked a suite for 3 weeks sewing 2  cruises together. SIL did  not want to come so she is dog sitting.  Think that is all my uneventful update

Emma 

Good to hear from you Emma.  Hope you are on the road to recovery.

• Like 2

Just now, Son of Anarchy said:

Good to hear from you Emma.  Hope you are on the road to recovery.

Thank you I never want to be negative but always truthful.So I am not going to get better BUT I am going to make the most of everything. Hope that isn't too maudlin 

4 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Thank you I never want to be negative but always truthful.So I am not going to get better BUT I am going to make the most of everything. Hope that isn't too maudlin 

And just to add I am able to cruise because I found an insurer and agreed to the whooping premiums just because I could but my brother and I want to do these times together and my SIL is gracious enough to look after the low riders while we do. It might be 5 weeks 5 months or 5 years and yes of course i realise how lucky I am.

1 minute ago, ccpm said:

And just to add I am able to cruise because I found an insurer and agreed to the whooping premiums just because I could but my brother and I want to do these times together and my SIL is gracious enough to look after the low riders while we do. It might be 5 weeks 5 months or 5 years and yes of course i realise how lucky I am.

They say ,a woman who asked for nothing deserves everything .. So I wish you the very best ,

you go for it girl !:classic_love::classic_love:

• Like 15