P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 hours ago, Jennizor said:

My friend, who loves cruising, has not done any since It restarted after COVID restrictions allowed. She had terrible bunions and after years of waiting she finally had one sorted earlier this year. The second one, which was the worst, was done about 6 weeks ago. She was so relieved she booked an Azamara cruise for next March. She then fell whilst getting out of a chair and broke her ankle in two places, one quite badly. Needless to say that cruise is now cancelled and they are looking at next July. She is quite down about the whole thing and I feel really bad as just before this accident we were talking about our three booked cruises for next year. She is a brilliant friend and looks after our cat when we go away but I feel really sad for her.

On no, how disappointing for her! I hope she makes a good recovery.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning everyone.  This amused me - though Matt's always bang on the mark:

Here's a thought Harry ?😊

If Locksmiths were go on strike.....  Would they refuse to picket?😕:classic_unsure:

• Haha 18

15 hours ago, Jennizor said:

My friend, who loves cruising, has not done any since It restarted after COVID restrictions allowed. She had terrible bunions and after years of waiting she finally had one sorted earlier this year. The second one, which was the worst, was done about 6 weeks ago. She was so relieved she booked an Azamara cruise for next March. She then fell whilst getting out of a chair and broke her ankle in two places, one quite badly. Needless to say that cruise is now cancelled and they are looking at next July. She is quite down about the whole thing and I feel really bad as just before this accident we were talking about our three booked cruises for next year. She is a brilliant friend and looks after our cat when we go away but I feel really sad for her.

Your poor friend, hopefully she makes a quick recovery.

One of my friends had her bunion operated on and a few days after she was in so much pain she said she wished she hadn’t had it done. After it was fully healed she was glad she had done though

Michelle

• Like 1

I have never seen such bad bunions as Kath had. Every pair of shoes she wore were completely ruined after a short time. On the plus side, she is very much looking forward to buying lots of new shoes when she is fully recovered from this painful ordeal. Her husband just raises his eyes when she mentions it. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.233fe92ae31806765f4db79b59fafc58.jpeg

We always make a special effort at Advent to take stock and to look forward.

It's when we put up our Christmas decorations and lights and when we cook a special dinner at home to remember past times and the year that's gone, the trials, tribulations and the joys and moments of happiness. it's when we begin our Christmas cards, when we wrap presents for family, friends and those who touched us over the year with their kindness and care and their consideration.

We remember folk from years gone by... the elderly aunt and uncle who's tree decorations from sixty years ago always find a place on our Christmas tree.

This is the year that; the consultant said "I've very good news for you."... this is the year that we met up with old friends who survived really serious health issues... this is the year that we began cruising again after the "pause" and this is the year that we made new friends. 

The "Spirit of Christmas" over Regent Street... always stunning but it just lifts the spirits. For complete strangers to offer to take our photo with the Christmas lights... was so touching. It just made us think that how the less happy days can be overwhelmed by just one simple act of kindness.

This Christmas, in these times... we're now decided that, whatever else we give... we'll try to give just a little more joy. 

• Like 19

Is anyone else totally fed up with the world cup already ?  My DH watched a match this afternoon and is now watching the Spain Germany match.  I don't mind if he wants to watch any / all of the matches with British teams but why watch other countries ?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Is anyone else totally fed up with the world cup already ?  My DH watched a match this afternoon and is now watching the Spain Germany match.  I don't mind if he wants to watch any / all of the matches with British teams but why watch other countries ?

Yes I am! My son has watched every game so far, not just the British teams. The 2 England ones he watched at the pub with friends but the rest he’s watched at home. Not so bad when I’m out and about, or looking after our little one, but there’s been 8 games on just this weekend 🙄

Apparently there’s no morning matches after Monday 👍🏻

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Well I’m fed up with the important results of course! Otherwise, really enjoying the football. If you’re a true fan, you enjoy the sport at every level and appreciate all participants. It’s the same with any sport I think, I love watching tennis and athletics too and it doesn’t matter where they’re from. Rugby I hate with a passion so never watch any, not even the Wales games. I wouldn’t go out and watch them if they were playing in the field outside! 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Well I’m fed up with the important results of course! Otherwise, really enjoying the football. If you’re a true fan, you enjoy the sport at every level and appreciate all participants. It’s the same with any sport I think, I love watching tennis and athletics too and it doesn’t matter where they’re from. Rugby I hate with a passions so never watch any, not even the Wales games. I wouldn’t go out and watch them if they playing in the field outside! 

Yes I admit i am the same with tennis, but at least the big tournaments only last a fortnight each 😁

The whole family enjoys watching tennis even the 2 &1/2 year old 😂

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thoroughly! But then I never watch it anyway.  This house has been a football-free zone forever. I accept that as a bloke that makes me a freak, but so be it.

Just as well we both feel the same way about most sports. 

• Like 4

Evening all, relatively quiet here today. I went to my work Christmas ‘do’ Friday night, had a great time, a meal and a boogie at a local hotel.

Yesterday John and I went to a Christmas market at Sissinghurst castle, bit of a disappointment though. Very stressful getting in and out as only one narrow lane for both in and out traffic! John let our car get scratched a bit by the hedge but huge cars were refusing to pull over to let people through. We did have the most delicious turkey roll from a stall though. Then went to a nearby garden centre and got a few presents there!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thoroughly! But then I never watch it anyway.  This house has been a football-free zone forever. I accept that as a bloke that makes me a freak, but so be it.

Just as well we both feel the same way about most sports. 

Once again Harry, we’re on the same page. Sports-free zone in our house too I’m happy to say.  My sports-loving dad was so disappointed when I introduced DH to him all those years ago; my ex-boyfriend had shared his passion!

How lovely to have a new grandchild to look forward to. Congratulations all round, but as you say, hard on the distant grandparents.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Yes I admit i am the same with tennis, but at least the big tournaments only last a fortnight each 😁

The whole family enjoys watching tennis even the 2 &1/2 year old 😂

Snooker!!!!. The beeb pay 65 squillion of our money for........at least its not darts.

• Like 1

My wife and I have watched a number of the games, not all we pick the ones we want to watch, fortunately she enjoys watching sport as much as I do. We tend to watch football, cricket and golf together, not keen on tennis. 

We already have tickets booked for Women’s Ashes T20 at Edgbaston next summer, we were not lucky in respect of ticket ballot for the mens Ashes Test Match there next summer. 

• Like 3

Well good morning to some who are still awake now , I’m currently sat at Gatwick airport far to early for my flight which is this afternoon 😤 we decided the other week to change our car parking time to arrive at 3 in the morning as our usual time but we normally fly out out 5.45; , decided to come early because of the protesters on the m25 a few weeks back and didn’t want to risk it , and the other half prefers to drive at night much quieter roads , protesters have obviously stopped now but haho and we thought we’d be able to check our luggage in and leisurely take our time around the shops and get a nice lunch before boarding but can’t check luggage in until 10,30 so sat in the Nicholas clipper Bar contemplating a G&T or a cuppa , just had 8 police officers walking around us with the sniffer dog very clever dog , airport starting to get busy now , hope you all have a lovely day keep warm and dry .

• Like 18

10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I just wish they would put all the matches on one channel (say BBC2 and ITV2) and leave regular (like Strictly) programmes alone.
I totally understand that when England or Wales are playing then all those matches should take priority over the scheduling but as for all the pre and post match analysis 🥱

Anyway, hope everyone has a good week.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Yes, most definately!! OH has watched all the matches - well he says he's watching them but he's on his ipad too🥴

Been busy the last couple of days. Drove up to Exeter on Saturday for a Christmas Fayre which took longer than normal due to the roadworks, although not too bad but driving home was horrendous due to the rain and spray, but had a good day in all. 

• Like 5

Hair, nails and eyes to be done at 10 then off to Holiday Inn ready for the off tomorrow on Q Victoria.

Still can't take my little buggy, it has to be their electric chair at twice the weight and size, but never mind,  They were quite confident they could find us a suitable accessible cabin or suite (where I could take it) but they haven't been able too.  It would have been sad anyway because if one became available it would mean someone else had cancelled through some misfortune.

I'm not happy or confident about the chair but will get used to it,  I feel I am so lucky to be able to cruise as are all of us.

Looking forward to the food, the atmosphere, lectures, theatre in fact everything, but most of all.... the sea.     

Behave!  xx

• Like 18