P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Heinz tomato ketchup for us. It's actually made with tomatoes and not tomato puree. You can get low salt, low sugar version too. HP sauce is ok, but we much prefer Branston pickle, the original, not the tiny pieces.

Anyone remember Pan Yan pickle?

Avril

Same here, noticeable other makes are created from purée and other ingredients such as onion powder & garlic powder. 

As for pickle is Branston all the way, I go for the smaller chunks, as I am only one that eats, as not gluten free, then it lasts a while. 

• Like 2

Good afternoon all from a warm & sunny Madeira. Have been here since wed lunchtime. Hotel is fabulous, staff very friendly  & helpful. My big birthday was spent relaxing down on sun lounger,then evening in the Michelin star restaurant. Have to say no shortages of seafood here, or turndown  service& chocolate on pillow.😇 will post some pictures below, wed saw Iona here, last couple of days Saga Spirit of Adventure + 3 German Mein Stiff ships. I believe Azura comes in tomorrow. 

20230119_204827.jpg

20230120_193611.jpg

20230120_193640.jpg

20230118_121559.heic 20230118_122004.heic 20230118_134857.heic 20230118_134741.heic 20230120_144930.heic 20230120_160231.heic 20230120_160318.heic 20230120_160326.heic 20230120_182722.heic 20230120_192523.heic 20230120_195339.heic 20230120_195343.heic 20230120_203833.heic 20230120_205301.heic

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.

It has been freezing cold all day.

We had a lovely church service this morning and 2 of the 4 hymns were favourites of ours.

I took this photo just before entering church.

Great news Sunderland won the North East Derby against Middlesbrough today.

IMG_20230122_100045.jpg

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We had a lovely church service this morning and 2 of the 4 hymns were favourites of ours.

IMG_20230122_100045.jpg

Beautiful church Graham - curious re those favourite 2 hymns. Wonder if they match ours 😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

IMG_20230122_100045.jpg

Our little grandson was getting frustrated with a toy at church this morning and said in a very loud voice “poxy thing!”  2 year olds copy everything 😂

• Haha 21

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

IMG_20230122_100045.jpg

Great result Graham. I know how much it means up there! Jane.xx

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Beautiful church Graham - curious re those favourite 2 hymns. Wonder if they match ours 😉

Here I am Lord.

Be Still for the presence of the Lord.

Amazing Grace.

This is where we sit.

IMG_20220626_094722.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

Well been a busy day with police, CSI vans & Forensic vehicles outside some flats down the road from us, rumour mill indicates someone has been found deceased in one of the flats, currently an unexplained death.

Police first arrived at 11:30 this morning and forensics are still there, the local funeral directors have recently arrived. 

Given the length of time at the scene it would seem there is some concern over cause of death. 

No doubt all will become clearer tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

We now buy Morrisons own brand. It tastes more Tomatoie. Heinz now tastes a bit too sweet. Sorry, but mo substitute for HP, nor lea & perrins...IMVHO🥓

I only use lea and perrins to flavour casseroles and the like, so I find supermarket own brand is perfectly acceptable.

• Like 1

@grapau27 I love the fact that you still have proper pews. Ours years ago to make way for individual seats. While they are more comfortable there was just something about the pews. I see from the picture you also have pipe organ, nothing beats that sound.

I like these hymns too, particularly be still.

One of my favourite modern hymns is in Christ Alone (my hope is found) which I’m sure you will know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Here I am Lord.

Be Still for the presence of the Lord.

Amazing Grace.

This is where we sit.

IMG_20220626_094722.jpg

2 of my favourite hymns too

Amazing Grace

Here I am Lord

I had Amazing Grace as one of the hymns at our wedding.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

IMG_20230122_100045.jpg

Beautiful church

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Tomato soup is the only time I use it, but a real good glug.

That sounds like a good idea, now that Heinz have withdrawn their delicious Tomato and Basil soup, I will need something to give their current, rather bland, Tomato soup some zing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That sounds like a good idea, now that Heinz have withdrawn their delicious Tomato and Basil soup, I will need something to give their current, rather bland, Tomato soup some zing.

How many shares have you got in Heinz TJ? Seriously though, basil is like Marmite,I love it my Mrs doesn't.

52 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Wonder what the Heinz Tomato & Basil Soup we bought Friday is.

459648E8-A0E3-4875-9D0C-39DFC3EB85DC.jpeg

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

2 of my favourite hymns too

Amazing Grace

Here I am Lord

I had Amazing Grace as one of the hymns at our wedding.

You may already know this but the words to ‘Amazing Grace’ were written by John Newton, the captain of a ship involved in the slave trade and put to the tune we all know some years after his death. Doesn’t make it any less beautiful though imo.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Are you sure John? That one's my favouite.  I don't have a problem buying it from Asda, it could be your supermarket that's not stocking it anymore.

Avril

47 minutes ago, brian1 said:

How many shares have you got in Heinz TJ? Seriously though, basil is like Marmite,I love it my Mrs doesn't.

We love basil too, the smell and aniseedy flavour are lovely. The little jars are useless for me, they're gone after two uses, so I buy it in large 160g jars.  Our daughter can't stand it.

Sis

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We love basil too, the smell and aniseedy flavour are lovely. The little jars are useless for me, they're gone after two uses, so I buy it in large 160g jars.  Our daughter can't stand it.

Sis

Hi sis,coriander is the same for me especially on a Ruby,but my mrs don't like that either,lol,bro.ps I think she is just a Pesto.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I guess Brian would recommend vodka.🤣

• Haha 1