P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all, getting near to our annual exodus to Italy.Getting a few home comforts,the mrs got a few tins of spaghetti in Sainsbury own brand 21p Heinz 90p.Do you think the "natives" would take to it if we introduced it to them.She loves spag toast for brekkie.

I think you'd be chased out of town Brian...😄

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

few tins of spaghetti in Sainsbury own brand 21p Heinz 90p.Do you think the "natives" would take to it if we introduced it to them.

Oh no you've done it now ... that's all I fancy and want,  and I haven't got any in the cupboard. I've got beans, tomatoes and other stuff but no..... I want spaghetti on toast!!  😗🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Sad news overnight with the death of David Crosby, founder member of the Byrds, member of supergroup Crosby, Still, Nash & Young, I was never fortunate to see them perform live, but they were a part of my life in late teens early twenties, I used to play Deja Vu and Suite Judy Blie Eyes from Crosby Stills and Nash first album to death, I still have the albums today. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/david-crosby-dead-obituary-1234664235/

Totally agree with everything you say SH. I loved them. I was fortunate enough to see them live - twice - once as CSN and once with Neil Young. Both concerts brilliant. I loved The Byrds too. Those harmonies were wonderful.  I've been watching some old footage on them on You Tube this morning - a bit old and grainy but still very watchable. Those were the days. Jane.x

• Like 3

Sorry Brian, definitely not for breakfast even in the UK!  When I was a girl (centuries ago) my mother would occasionally offer spag. or beans on toast - I did quite like beans, and still do, but I  find tinned spaghetti horrible.  However, your good lady wife is entitled to her choice, and always looks good on your photos,  so her diet can't be all bad!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, brian1 said:

On Phil and Holly 2 days ago there was a revenge story where a woman fed her old man a dog meat pie and he asked for seconds and more gravy.Wonder what her "normal" cooking is like.

Does make you think what her cooking was like. 

Fancy that him asking for more ! Not what she was expecting .oh well !

Some you lose and some you Winalot ? Or is it some you . .  .😉

Either way he was in the dog house 🤣

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Sorry Brian, definitely not for breakfast even in the UK!  When I was a girl (centuries ago) my mother would occasionally offer spag. or beans on toast - I did quite like beans, and still do, but I  find tinned spaghetti horrible.  However, your good lady wife is entitled to her choice, and always looks good on your photos,  so her diet can't be all bad!

Nowt up with tinned spaghetti on toast ,same as Brian's Mrs ,I love it .

Haven't tried the alphabet spaghetti though on toast as that could spell Disaster :classic_unsure:

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Nowt up with tinned spaghetti on toast ,same as Brian's Mrs ,I love it .

Haven't tried the alphabet spaghetti though on toast as that could spell Disaster :classic_unsure:

And if you want it aldente just leave it in the tin.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Does this sound better,lattina spaghetti pomodori con bruschetta tostata.Bro.

Much better Bro. Hyacinth would be proud to serve that at her candlelight supper.😁

I like tinned spaghetti on toast too. We sometimes have it for lunch though, not breakfast. That's always weetabix and blueberries.

Sis

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 3

There are very few things that I never eat but  tinned spaghetti and baked beans definitely don't get anywhere near to my kitchen.  IMHO that orange sauce that they swim in is awful and the smell of it makes me feel sick.

DH used to buy beans if I was working away because he liked them on toast for a quick meal when he had to cook something for himself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Does this sound better,lattina spaghetti pomodori con bruschetta tostata

To be posh... it's got to be; "Fagioli al forno freddi nella lattina seduti su una pagnotta di pane" ... that's worth at least £20 a plate in our local Italian and a service charge as well... just for the name!

Google translate will show what it is!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Andrew, sorry to mention on here, but our Shirley died yesterday.  That magnificent voice will be heard no more.  xx

Oh Jean. I'm so sorry to hear that, my condolences to you both. I know I only met her on the one cruise but she was a lovely lady.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Oh Jean. I'm so sorry to hear that, my condolences to you both. I know I only met her on the one cruise but she was a lovely lady.

Thanks Andrew.  Quite a shock.  We were due to cruise in October on Aurora and as usual joining the choir and hearing those dulcent tones!  My lovely TA has cancelled her cruise and also got a refund of FCC for her which is something.

xx

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Thanks Andrew.  Quite a shock.  We were due to cruise in October on Aurora and as usual joining the choir and hearing those dulcent tones!  My lovely TA has cancelled her cruise and also got a refund of FCC for her which is something.

xx

Sorry to hear of your  loss Jean . Gone to sing with the Angels bless her .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

xx

I'm so sorry to hear your news Jean about your dear friend.

Our prayers 🙏 and condolences for you and all of Shirley's family.

Graham x.

• Like 6

I wasn’t expecting it to be so cold this morning -6c ! But sun is coming up.

Only tasks today are signing up to a new 1 year fixed rate savings account and getting ready for the chaos of the 2 grandsons staying with us overnight tonight. When bringing up our own sons we just got on with it but when living now the quiet retired life it comes as a shock when the energy and noise of youngsters descend upon us😊

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I wasn’t expecting it to be so cold this morning -6c ! But sun is coming up.

Only tasks today are signing up to a new 1 year fixed rate savings account and getting ready for the chaos of the 2 grandsons staying with us overnight tonight. When bringing up our own sons we just got on with it but when living now the quiet retired life it comes as a shock when the energy and noise of youngsters descend upon us😊

Yes, it does come as a bit of a shock doesn't It?🤯 On the plus side though, I find it gives me the much needed occasional boost and keeps me young at heart.

Have fun😉

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Foggy here this morning, -1C , but feels like is -5C, can see blue sky above fog, so once sun rises a bit me should be a sunny day according to forecast. One task for today is to get everything finalise for doing my Self Assessment Tax Return, spent yesterday looking for a couple of receipts, eventually found them in this years folder. 

Might then go out somewhere, not shops, but there are a couple of nearby NT properties we have visited, so might go there, to try car out on a longer run, very pleased to be getting almost 60mpg, a good 20 mpg more than old car.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all, getting near to our annual exodus to Italy.Getting a few home comforts,the mrs got a few tins of spaghetti in Sainsbury own brand 21p Heinz 90p.Do you think the "natives" would take to it if we introduced it to them.She loves spag toast for brekkie.

You could introduce them to the 2 most popular varieties. Alphabetti, or hoops.

Hope everyone is well or those under the weather are on the road to recovery.

Mostly cloudy down here but there is some blue sky in evedence and warmer than late at 6c. 

Waiting for my Tesco delivery and prices of a lot of items have gone up since last week, not just by a few pence! 

Have a good weekend, stay safe and warm.

• Like 3