P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good Morning Friends

Some football fans on here may remember a player called Fitz Hall. He was always known as One Size!

When my youngest granddaughter was born, mum and dad couldn't decide on a name. Knowing how much I hated the penchant for the Chardonnays and Cheyannes that were popular at the time, they used to tease me with a new outrageous suggestion every day. Thank the Lord they settled on Olivia Jane!

On the smoking front I've done all my research and visited a few vape shops for advice. In two such shops I was the oldest customer by about 50 years. In the third I spent an hour with a very knowledgeable lady who I hope has given the best advice. The vape I settled on wasn't in stock until Friday so tomorrow's the day.

Have a good day everyone and mind how you go - it's very slippy underfoot.

Best wishes. Jane. Xxxx

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Friends

Some football fans on here may remember a player called Fitz Hall. He was always known as One Size!

When my youngest granddaughter was born, mum and dad couldn't decide on a name. Knowing how much I hated the penchant for the Chardonnays and Cheyannes that were popular at the time, they used to tease me with a new outrageous suggestion every day. Thank the Lord they settled on Olivia Jane!

On the smoking front I've done all my research and visited a few vape shops for advice. In two such shops I was the oldest customer by about 50 years. In the third I spent an hour with a very knowledgeable lady who I hope has given the best advice. The vape I settled on wasn't in stock until Friday so tomorrow's the day.

Best wishes. Jane. Xxxx

Very best wishes that it works for you Jane and you don't need any more tobacco cigarettes.

-2°C and sunny here at the moment.

Graham x

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Very best wishes that it works for you Jane and you don't need any more tobacco cigarettes.

-2°C and sunny here at the moment.

Graham x

Thanks Graham. Fingers crossed. Best wishes to you, Pauline, and Sarah. Jane. Xxx

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Kalos. I'm actually looking forward to it. Fingers crossed! Jane. Xx

Kalos is right Jane, tomorrow you will be classed as an ex-smoker. 

Message to you from Frank. 

'Vaping is the best decision I've ever made. Except to marry Av that is' (He has to say that as I'm typing this for him) 'I've been smoking since I was 14, and I never thought I would ever stop smoking cigarettes, but it was so easy that I never felt the need to have another, ever. I was getting the nicotine I needed from the vape, but non of the bad stuff that was making me ill. I honestly began to feel a difference within the first week, and could get upstairs without being out of breath. Yes I was that bad. I felt more relaxed knowing that I could have a 'toot' as I call it, as and when without having to worry about my health, the cost, and Av nagging me about it, that I found I didn't need it as often as I did. As a result the nicotine strength of the juice has naturally reduced and I dont feel the need to 'toot' as often. Good luck to you Jane.

He doesn't smell like an old ashtray, and he can't stand the smell of cigarettes anymore either.

Good luck from me too.x

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Friends

Best wishes. Jane. Xxxx

Good luck Jane. You are sounding very positive, which is a step in the right direction. You can do it.

Best wishes, Pam

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Friends

Best wishes. Jane. Xxxx

Well done on becoming a non-smoker, I am sure you will be successful. Maybe if you are having a hard day just imagine how much money you are saving for extra cruises

I wish you every success

On the weather front it’s a lovely but cold day here. Just been out with the dogs and I am freezing now so sat down with a hot drink

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am most impressed with the NHS today, I have just had a phone call from UHNM to tell me that I have an appointment for Tuesday afternoon.  I only saw my GP on Tuesday morning and she said that she would  refer me.  It could be a long afternoon, depending on what they find it could take up to 4 hours.

• Like 9

Just been catching up on this thread. Good luck Jane!

Fortunately, no snow here. Lots of sunshine but very chilly.

On the names issue, my Mum obviously knew that I was going to be an absolute saint when she named me Andrew. The fact that I was born on 30th November is, I am sure, purely coincidental...😄.

My surname is one that has more recently (than me) become popular as a first name. Younger people will ask me if that is my first name if I just give my surname. It is very tempting to say "of course not, stupid!" 😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I am most impressed with the NHS today, I have just had a phone call from UHNM to tell me that I have an appointment for Tuesday afternoon.  I only saw my GP on Tuesday morning and she said that she would  refer me.  It could be a long afternoon, depending on what they find it could take up to 4 hours.

Best of luck. Josy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Kalos is right Jane, tomorrow you will be classed as an ex-smoker. 

Message to you from Frank. 

'Vaping is the best decision I've ever made. Except to marry Av that is' (He has to say that as I'm typing this for him) 'I've been smoking since I was 14, and I never thought I would ever stop smoking cigarettes, but it was so easy that I never felt the need to have another, ever. I was getting the nicotine I needed from the vape, but non of the bad stuff that was making me ill. I honestly began to feel a difference within the first week, and could get upstairs without being out of breath. Yes I was that bad. I felt more relaxed knowing that I could have a 'toot' as I call it, as and when without having to worry about my health, the cost, and Av nagging me about it, that I found I didn't need it as often as I did. As a result the nicotine strength of the juice has naturally reduced and I dont feel the need to 'toot' as often. Good luck to you Jane.

He doesn't smell like an old ashtray, and he can't stand the smell of cigarettes anymore either.

Good luck from me too.x

Avril

Thank you Frank. You are a testimony to the success of vaping. I am very touched by your message of encouragement and will try to do as well as you have.

Thanks to you too Avril - for being Frank's best decision in life and for typing this message on his behalf.

I'm so grateful to you both. Best wishes. Jane.xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By eck I am officially an old duffer, my bus pass arrived today which is pretty good as I only applied for it on Monday. Just need to find a bus stop. It is a glorious sunny day here and quite pleasant while actually in the sun, but out of it its a bit brass monkeyish.

Good luck with the vaping Jane.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

By eck I am officially an old duffer, my bus pass arrived today which is pretty good as I only applied for it on Monday. Just need to find a bus stop. It is a glorious sunny day here and quite pleasant while actually in the sun, but out of it its a bit brass monkeyish.

Good luck with the vaping Jane.

I have a bus pass but we have no buses here but I live in hope.

• Haha 8

29 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have a bus pass but we have no buses here but I live in hope.

Same around here ,you could die of old age waiting for them and when you are lucky to get one they go all over the place through various villages via hospital etc , can take 30-45 minutes to get to town .It used to be a direct 15 minute run .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6

Quick question for the dog owners please. Did your dog experience any tummy issues after switching to adult food?

Teddy is fine but has had a few tummy issues over the last few weeks and we suspect that this coincides with switching to adult dog food. We also wonder if it's because we swapped to a cheaper supermarket brand which was recommended to us.

We've found a company online that supposedly offers a tailored diet but of course it comes with a price to much.

All advice or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Damian

Edited by DamianG

4 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Quick question for the dog owners please. Did your dog experience any tummy issues after switching to adult food?

Teddy is fine but has had a few tummy issues over the last few weeks and we suspect that this coincides with switching to adult dog food. We also wonder if it's because we swapped to a cheaper supermarket brand which was recommended to us.

We've found a company online that supposedly offers a tailored diet but of course it comes with a price to much.

Thanks

Damian

Freddie didn’t have any issues but we took a long time to find the right food for him. Every time we changed type or brand it would result in upset tummy.

We tried kibble, then raw and finally settled on wet which suited him best as anything containing peas, chicken or turkey did not agree with him.

The website allaboutdogfood is very helpful in rating foods and steering you away from the nutritionally poor brands!

For the last 4 years we have opted for Millies Wolfheart which do wet and dry and you can buy in pet shops or online. They have a very helpful customer service who will help you chose which is the right type and recipe.

Gill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Thanks

Damian

My dog was an adult when I acquired him; however, he has always had a sensitive stomach. 

This website is incredibly informative and helpful: https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/

and once you have a little delve around, you'll find that a) supermarket own brand dog food is pretty awful, b) so is most of the stuff sold by vets and c) the price of dog food often has little bearing on its quality, for example one of the better quality wet dog foods is Butcher's, and it's also one of the cheapest. There is also a very good quality own brand dry dog food sold by Pets at Home. 

Allaboutdogfood has a search facility based on sensitive stomachs, but I've found that if you check the ingredients list and make sure it's simply meat and vegetables with few other additives, you should be ok. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Freddie didn’t have any issues but we took a long time to find the right food for him. Every time we changed type or brand it would result in upset tummy.

We tried kibble, then raw and finally settled on wet which suited him best as anything containing peas, chicken or turkey did not agree with him.

The website allaboutdogfood is very helpful in rating foods and steering you away from the nutritionally poor brands!

For the last 4 years we have opted for Millies Wolfheart which do wet and dry and you can buy in pet shops or online. They have a very helpful customer service who will help you chose which is the right type and recipe.

Gill

We posted almost simultaneously, with similar advice so we can't both be wrong😂. Like you, we ended up with mainly wet food, but a mixture of Butcher's and Naturo, both easily available in supermarkets etc. and nutritionally sound, along with some dry food, Wainwright's Grain Free (Pets at Home own brand).

• Like 2