P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, lincslady said:

It might be interesting for you to find out how they feel about everything at present - or maybe not advisable, Brian.

Remember what Basil said "don't mention the war".They are Putin supporters but it is never mentioned now.We get on well and get invited to the odd vodka soaked dinner.

• Like 6

Well home again from Rehab.  What a place. It was amazing.  Mostly people straight from hospital after hips or knees.  A lot who live alone.  A week or 10 day stay there is such a help to anyone after an op.  A chance to build strength etc  .Fantastic chef!

Anyway, when I arrived I was greeted by two Americans (on crutches) who said  welcome and said come and have a coffee with us later.  That set the scene for us all welcoming new people, and as most were in dressing gowns in the corridors en route to therapy we all passed the time of day with everyone and had a joke.

A lot of people chose to have meals in their rooms, which was a shame as the cameraderie in the dining room was second to none, especially with a large pre dinner wine!!  There was no set seating, but usually I sat in a corner near a big box for sticks etc.  People used to hand me everything to  put in  (and take out).   I was known as The Keeper of the Crutches".. There were loads of them!

The upshot was that a lot of people returned to their rooms tired after dinner, but four or five of us sat in the lounge having a drink and chatting away.  It was a lovely supportive end to the day.   Then it was time to leave.  On the last night everyone said how much the friendly quiet support had been appreciated and how much just our little meet ups, laught and jokes had made their time there so special.  I know how much it helped me.There was hardly a dry eye, and that was the blokes as well.

Actually what I was going to say was that  sometimes we don't realise how just a friendly word or two can affect ourselves and others. 

BUT THEN AGAIN, perhaps on here we do..... judging by our time on here during lockdown.  That support too was priceless,

Sorry to waffle but just had to say something.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 20

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Watching a Litvinenko recording right now with the front door open.My mrs shut the door cos the russians ae walking back and forth outside.No worries I find it quite funny.

I bet you are doing what I did Brian, much to Michelle's disdain... 

Walking around saying 'Vladimir Putin' in a poor Russian accent constantly... 😂

Andy 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I bet you are doing what I did Brian, much to Michelle's disdain... 

Walking around saying 'Vladimir Putin' in a poor Russian accent constantly... 😂

Andy 

The Scottish background helped him a bit.When Taggert was on I walked around saying muuurder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Lovely morning. A pleasant 20˚C on the patio and some very chatty neighbours in the nearby trees for company.

_DSC0760.thumb.jpeg.8d0e4ec786774e7d1f136a9d6d25c95d.jpeg

Any relation to the rare Norwegian blue? Swedish green perhaps? 🤔

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have a fair few around here.  We don't mind as they keep the pesky sloths away.

19 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Any relation to the rare Norwegian blue? Swedish green perhaps? 🤔

Dead right! we've not seen a sloth around here for at least 40 years!

These are very defiantly English... and always in the trees robbing nuts and fruits... so perhaps they might be designated as the "Lincoln Greens."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Dead right! we've not seen a sloth around here for at least 40 years!

These are very defiantly English... and always in the trees robbing nuts and fruits... so perhaps they might be designated as the "Lincoln Greens."

In the colder months I put some bird food out. DW finds it amusing that I shout to the wood pigeons....oiy..little birds only.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We had a nice night away last night and not a parrot in sight .

I think that's because the squirrels had ate them all 🙃

20230625_130126.thumb.jpg.9855105ec841839f7fbafb7b62096822.jpg20230625_140302.thumb.jpg.2fcca6ce899e5ec193eeac311511a3dd.jpg20230625_143058.thumb.jpg.bb1ed586c43a2d4792c9112edde9cd0e.jpg20230626_071316.thumb.jpg.3eee84b6cfc34c3f66b2ef40d8fa8bf5.jpg

We also had a carvery at a nearby pub but  never bothered taking pictures.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

20230625_130126.thumb.jpg.9855105ec841839f7fbafb7b62096822.jpg20230625_140302.thumb.jpg.2fcca6ce899e5ec193eeac311511a3dd.jpg20230625_143058.thumb.jpg.bb1ed586c43a2d4792c9112edde9cd0e.jpg20230626_071316.thumb.jpg.3eee84b6cfc34c3f66b2ef40d8fa8bf5.jpg

No pictures, it didn't happen😂

Looks lovely 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Where you in Scotland by any chance, just saying because of the tartan carpet 😁 we were in Dunfermline last week and the hotel had tartan carpet too , looks lovely anyway where ever it was .

10 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Where you in Scotland by any chance, just saying because of the tartan carpet 😁 we were in Dunfermline last week and the hotel had tartan carpet too , looks lovely anyway where ever it was .

There is a smutty joke in there.🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Purdey16 said:

It's a five minute run from Manchester airport ,which we hate after all the messing about they have done with the roads into the place .

We should be flying early next year from there, so we wanted to suss the place out and Mrs K 

loves it . They do stay park and fly packages , you park your car ,keep keys and they provide 

taxis to and from the airport at what times suit you .

Anyway I will have to go back just to buy a carvery and take pictures so @AndyMichelle

will be able to witness such a feast did exist 😉🙂

The place we stayed is called The Pinewood Hotel .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good Afternoon All. Just to share,we are in Jersey ( for the 1st time) for a few days. Hotel is great, room very comfortable, lots of toiletries, fresh milk in fridge+ a turn down service nightly.Dinner in hotel booked for later.. no ques or app to worry about. Pics of view from our room to castle opposite. 

20230626_144358.heic 20230626_144226.heic 20230626_142311.heic

• Like 6