P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Been a mostly dry day here as well temp reached 21C at one point, spent some time in the garden dead heading flowering plants, cutting back the potato group ready for harvesting first crop. The background to this was the occasional shouts of “Howzat” from the local cricket club up the road.

Also picked some French green beans, had them with our evening meal, really tasty, nothing beats picking and eating with a few hours. Have about a dozen tomato’s almost ready to pick and the beetroot not far off picking either. Have been eating our own lettuce for the last week or so and spring onions now ready, so fair self sufficient in salad stuff for the next month or so. 

Came in at 3 to watch the Open, I had already given up hope of any cricket from Old Trafford. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We will be on Ventura.

When we were on her recently there was no booking for the MDR’s on freedom, just turn up like ‘the old days’!

Also we could book the speciality dining before our cruise except for the Gkasshouse.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, purplesea said:

Morning all, hope everyone is well.

It's quiet on here, are you all hibernating?

It's like winter here, windy which is making it feel chilly, although we've had rain it's not raining at present. 

Good morning!

All good here in Dorset - not cold, but a tad damp!

Just been for unleaded petrol. 144p, so I think about average.

Have a good week everyone and despite our dire weather, we are lucky not to be in Corfu or Rhodes.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning all, hope everyone is well.

It's quiet on here, are you all hibernating?

It's like winter here, windy which is making it feel chilly, although we've had rain it's not raining at present. 

All good here, well apart from the weather, it poured down all day yesterday. It is a bit brighter today but it was only 11 C this morning at 09:00 when we went to Barnsley. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Thinking of where I live - someone from the same county has been missing for a while.  Do we know why, and if he is all right?

Wowzz has been AWOL since early May, which is a long time for a normal suspension from CC, I believe Kalos said he was still posting on other SM sites, but it is worrying that he has been absent so long.

• Like 4

Finally found time to sign in to see how everyone is doing.  Today has been one of those days when I wonder how ever managed to work.

We have had a grey but dry day so not too bad.

Does anyone else keep getting offers from the NHS to take part in various clinical trials ?  I have had yet another one today and have just been for a 2 mile round walk to take the return sample of saliva to the nearest NHS nominated post box.  At least it is proving my steps count today.

DH says that if I didn't return them a few times they would stop sending them but I feel obliged to do the test and send it back.

• Like 9

A weekend of making arrangements to meet up with a cousin who I last saw when I was 9 years old, he now lives in Spain and has done for last 35 years, we have been corresponding via Messenger and Skype, he his now making his first visit to the U.K. since 2017, we should have gone to him in 2021, but couldn’t due to that well known blip in time. Not only I am meeting up with him, but also a first cousin once removed who I have never met, she being the granddaughter of my father’s eldest sister, who I didn’t know existed until a few years ago. 

It will be a long awaited reunion after 60+ years. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Wowzz has been AWOL since early May, which is a long time for a normal suspension from CC, I believe Kalos said he was still posting on other SM sites, but it is worrying that he has been absent so long.

I posted that another poster (who's name slipped my mind ) had said he was posting on other media.

Suppose he has his reasons and will come back in his own time.

Getting back to you John ,I hope your not feeling too bad due to the Plague you 

seem to have acquired.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, lincslady said:

Thinking of where I live - someone from the same county has been missing for a while.  Do we know why, and if he is all right?

This is what I read a while ago and poster ann141 was replying to Selbourne asking 

of his whereabouts .

Morning 14.c with a little sun this morning .

Lets talk customer service as we get people who tell us how bad it can get .

I can tell you it's not just the ships ,it can happen anywhere like supermarkets.

I was in one the other day wanting some chicken cuppa soups and as I past 

a young lady who worked there I thought I'd ask if they had any in stock ?

" I'll see " she said and went on her way .

Some 15 minutes went by and what looked to be a shop floor manager had 

noticed me just stood there. So I asked him "Does he know if they sell boxes

of Chicken cuppa soups ? " As he went off he told me "I'll see" and the annoying 

part for me was he never came back either.

Not happy with this service I began to work my way out of the supermarket, but 

then I had a stroke of luck . I found my chicken cuppa soups in isle C  🙃

Have a nice day :classic_love:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Morning Live is going to do a piece on norovirus with Dr Ranj this morning.  I understand it's due to a rise in cases on cruise ships.  Seems a bit unfair on cruise ships to single them out.

Ironically my OH has been seriously ill since the day we flew home from Kefalonia and it has been confirmed as an enteritus caught on our final day and developing in the early hours of the day we flew home. The hotel has now been shut down and an enquiry is ongoing.  

Needless to say I'm having yet more battles with tour companies, airlines and ABTA!!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Morning Live is going to do a piece on norovirus with Dr Ranj this morning.  I understand it's due to a rise in cases on cruise ships.  Seems a bit unfair on cruise ships to single them out.

Ironically my OH has been seriously ill since the day we flew home from Kefalonia and it has been confirmed as an enteritus caught on our final day and developing in the early hours of the day we flew home. The hotel has now been shut down and an enquiry is ongoing.  

Needless to say I'm having yet more battles with tour companies, airlines and ABTA!!

Hope your hubby makes a good recovery soon .

With your track record on holiday mishaps Mega ,do you ever think "Why me ?"

I think a travel agent from your past must have put a curse on you 😉

Hope you get it all sorted soon 🙂

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Sorry the hear this and hope you OH makes a speedy recovery.

Good luck with your battles, I hope you get a satisfactory outcome.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hope your hubby makes a good recovery soon .

With your track record on holiday mishaps Mega ,do you ever think "Why me ?"

I think a travel agent from your past must have put a curse on you 😉

Hope you get it all sorted soon 🙂

If I wrote a book and listed every one of my holiday escapades they'd put it in the Horror section of the library and bookshop! Believe me the ones I mention here are just a sample.  My first adventure started at 5 years of age with a boil outbreak and blood poisoning while on a caravan holiday in Essex and here I am 63 years later carrying on - a lesser dedicated traveller would have called it a day by now!

We try to choose very carefully nowadays to avoid dramas and we have been to this hotel four times with absolutely no problems.  My OH is a creature of habit with his holidays and it's my desire to go different places that encouraged me to go solo a lot.

I'm a wee bit worried about my next adventure to Canada and US in September as Nova Scotia has apparently been literally drowned over the weekend with bridges washed away and a disaster declared!  I guess the gods knew I was on my way ...

• Like 14

48 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

If I wrote a book and listed every one of my holiday escapades they'd put it in the Horror section of the library and bookshop! Believe me the ones I mention here are just a sample.  My first adventure started at 5 years of age with a boil outbreak and blood poisoning while on a caravan holiday in Essex and here I am 63 years later carrying on - a lesser dedicated traveller would have called it a day by now!

We try to choose very carefully nowadays to avoid dramas and we have been to this hotel four times with absolutely no problems.  My OH is a creature of habit with his holidays and it's my desire to go different places that encouraged me to go solo a lot.

I'm a wee bit worried about my next adventure to Canada and US in September as Nova Scotia has apparently been literally drowned over the weekend with bridges washed away and a disaster declared!  I guess the gods knew I was on my way ...

Hopefully you are not booked for Rhodes anytime soon!  🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, kalos said:

I posted that another poster (who's name slipped my mind ) had said he was posting on other media.

Suppose he has his reasons and will come back in his own time.

Getting back to you John ,I hope your not feeling too bad due to the Plague you 

seem to have acquired.

I am over the worst now, no idea how I managed to drive back on Saturday, must have been adrenaline overdrive. Not unexpectedly I have passed it on to Mrs TJ and she is now going through the sore throat, headache, high temp, shivering and shaking symptoms, which has reduced her impaired mobility to nearly zero. So I hope she will be over the worst by tomorrow.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Poor chap. He must have felt awful on the flight home but at least he got home before it developed fully. I wish you both well and hope your OH makes a good recovery.  Jane xx

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am over the worst now, no idea how I managed to drive back on Saturday, must have been adrenaline overdrive. Not unexpectedly I have passed it on to Mrs TJ and she is now going through the sore throat, headache, high temp, shivering and shaking symptoms, which has reduced her impaired mobility to nearly zero. So I hope she will be over the worst by tomorrow.

Wish you both well TJ. I hope Mrs TJ is better soon. Jane xx

• Like 9