P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Lovely warm morning here, we have been sat out in the sun since 09:00, not something we have done much of this July. Hope those that have been smittled with the odd diseases make speedy recoveries. We are cruising in two weeks and the ship we are going on is having issues with the dreaded noro virus. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I am over the worst now, no idea how I managed to drive back on Saturday, must have been adrenaline overdrive. Not unexpectedly I have passed it on to Mrs TJ and she is now going through the sore throat, headache, high temp, shivering and shaking symptoms, which has reduced her impaired mobility to nearly zero. So I hope she will be over the worst by tomorrow.

Wishing you both well very quickly.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Lovely warm morning here, we have been sat out in the sun since 09:00, not something we have done much of this July. Hope those that have been smittled with the odd diseases make speedy recoveries. We are cruising in two weeks and the ship we are going on is having issues with the dreaded noro virus. 

Don't worry it's nice to be back to the good old days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I am over the worst now, no idea how I managed to drive back on Saturday, must have been adrenaline overdrive. Not unexpectedly I have passed it on to Mrs TJ and she is now going through the sore throat, headache, high temp, shivering and shaking symptoms, which has reduced her impaired mobility to nearly zero. So I hope she will be over the worst by tomorrow.

Hope you both feel better soon

Michelle

• Like 7

Dry here which makes a nice change as it seems to have rained at some point forever... Plenty of sunny spells and 18⁰c.

Been out to a car dealer this morning to start the ball rolling on a new car. My little Corsa has been brilliant for 12 years now but feel it is time to move on before the old thing starts playing up - quit while I am ahead. Booked a test drive for Thursday morning...

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Wait until your fully retired, you will wonder how you ever found the time to be anything else 🙃 

I don't know how I managed full time shifts  children house and garden. Now I'm retired I spend a lot of time now planning and going on holidays, do have hobbies as well.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Paddypuss said:

I don't know how I managed full time shifts  children house and garden. Now I'm retired I spend a lot of time now planning and going on holidays, do have hobbies as well.

When I think back to the 70's and doing 12 hour shifts when I could for overtime and in the police in those days constables walked a beat, only sergeants drove, sometimes a bike ! Three children under six and on rest days my wife worked as a nurse and I looked after the kids, some rest days ! Where did we get the energy from ?

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Paddypuss said:

Good for you ,nice to have hobbies 🙂

When on my last cruise I met an Australian guy and he knew what I liked but he still asked me anyway ' He said to me "What's your favourite hobby, sport?" 🙃

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, Paddypuss said:

Same here, lots of planning and going on holiday plus our hobby is planning and going on holiday, happy days.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

I’ve just had a day out.

Leaving home at 7am this morning and on joining the M27 around 7.30am google maps diverted me off the M27 due to an accident ahead with long delays. I then found myself on the M271 and then over the familiar flyover when you see the ships docked at Mayflower Terminal.
I couldn’t believe my luck as Aurora was in and looking fabulous in the sunshine. And then as I went past Ocean Terminal - there was Ventura.
So for once, I really quite enjoyed my diversion this morning!

Hopefully no one was seriously injured in the accident.

• Like 19

Evening all, be glad when August comes, July has been very miserable! Not too much rain today but there was some and lots of cloud, so miserable!

Had my grandson today, sad he’s going to school September as I won’t see him so much. Plus heard today his mum has a new job in a school so she’ll have all the holidays off so I won’t even be needed then!

Had a bit of a nightmare this afternoon when both my parents mobiles weren’t working for some reason or their landline!! I had an hour of stress before I finally got through!

• Like 15

I have had three of my grandchildren today and they are all sleeping tonight going home after tea tomorrow. My husband is taking them to Sandcastle Water Park in Blackpool in the morning and then we are baking in the afternoon so a busy day ahead.

Son, daughter-in-law and two other grandchildren arriving Friday for the weekend. I will definitely need a rest after all that. 

Eldest grandson and his dad plus other family have just landed in Crete tonight, I am a bit nervous….

In between all that I have to fit in vets appointments, Hosp appointments and looking after my mum. I need a cruise!!

Hope you have all had a good day. Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 14

35 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

In between all that I have to fit in vets appointments, Hosp appointments and looking after my mum. I need a cruise!!

All sounds lovely, but don't know how you manage to fit it all in.

I'm a bit of a fighter, and won't give in  but you must have a lot of stamina.

Enjoy!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have had three of my grandchildren today and they are all sleeping tonight going home after tea tomorrow. My husband is taking them to Sandcastle Water Park in Blackpool in the morning and then we are baking in the afternoon so a busy day ahead.

Son, daughter-in-law and two other grandchildren arriving Friday for the weekend. I will definitely need a rest after all that. 

Eldest grandson and his dad plus other family have just landed in Crete tonight, I am a bit nervous….

Michelle

you are busy Michelle with your grandchildren but like me I like to keep busy at times. My son is also going to Crete on Sunday and has planned to propose to his girlfriend of 4 years so hopefully no fires in Crete 🤞

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:
8 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

you are busy Michelle with your grandchildren but like me I like to keep busy at times. My son is also going to Crete on Sunday and has planned to propose to his girlfriend of 4 years so hopefully no fires in Crete 🤞

How exciting!! You will have a wedding to look forward to. Hopefully no fires in Crete, looks like it is cooling down a bit after today 

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sounds as though you have a busy week ahead. It is nice to have the family round, but don't forget to look after yourself too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Paddypuss said:

Lots of us doing the same.  A good retirement was what we worked for.

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Lots of us doing the same.  A good retirement was what we worked for.

And do make the most of it while you are reasonably fit and healthy.  We did, and I am now glad that we did and I have some lovely memories, mainly of cruises and travel generally, which we both loved.

• Like 19

I am busy organising things for our next cruise in September and have today received an e-mail with the times of our flights for our cruise in January. 😲I am surprised as P&O don't normally give us such information til a lot near the time!

• Like 7