P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

35 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

What is Teddy, a labradoodle or cockapoo?  He looks very much like my Son and DIL's labradoodle Theo, altho Theo is darker, but totally adorable.

He is a cockapoo. For the last 2 months he’s had an occasional limp (which we’re going to try physio for) and has been sick a few times this week as well but he was on top form today, eating well and enjoying running round on the beach with my sister-in-law’s dog.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DamianG said:

He is a cockapoo. For the last 2 months he’s had an occasional limp (which we’re going to try physio for) and has been sick a few times this week as well but he was on top form today, eating well and enjoying running round on the beach with my sister-in-law’s dog.

Depending on what is causing the limp, it might be worth trying Teddy with Yumove joint supplement tablets (one a day taken as treat). Freddie was diagnosed with a mild form of a luxating patella 4 years ago and it has helped immensely with the condition not worsening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  I hope that you all survived Halloween.  We had so many trick or treaters last night that we were lucky not to run out of sweets.  I have put the left over ones into a bag to give to the twin girls who live across the road.

We now have a cruise followed by Christmas shopping to look forward to. DH asked me last night for some clues to what I would like but I can't think of anything that I want, he usually enlists the help of my niece to go shopping with him but that is out of the question this year.

Have a great day.

• Like 9

Good morning…..

I hope everyone stays safe over the next 48hrs with storm Ciaren blowing in later today. I must admit I cancelled an outing for tomorrow as the south coast looks like it’ll get a pasting.

No trick or treaters last night thankfully (probably due to the heavy rain)  - I dislike what is basically begging, but appreciate it is fun for young children to get dressed up and i have no issue if they are neighbours kids and have asked me beforehand.

Have a good day.

• Like 12

Hi Angel we are certainly going to have to batten down the hatchet these next few days, I love to watch the waves crashing on the beach but I think I’ll give it a miss this time, too much rain so staying in until Friday when we both go to get our flu & Covid shots together. Hope everyone stays safe and stay indoors and I really feel for those out on the sea’s trying to get home safely.

• Like 7

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. 

It looks a bit breezy today but I don’t think it’s going to be too bad here compared to down south. Hope you all stay safe and that your homes and cars don’t suffer any damage.

We went to a Halloween party last night at

St Annes Palace

IMG_9909.png

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Depending on what is causing the limp, it might be worth trying Teddy with Yumove joint supplement tablets (one a day taken as treat). Freddie was diagnosed with a mild form of a luxating patella 4 years ago and it has helped immensely with the condition not worsening. 

Thank you, I'll suggest that when we go to see the physio. He's had X-rays but nothing showed up so fingers crossed this will pass with the right treatment.

10c dry and breezy here this morning. The weather forecast for here is not too bad compared to the South which looks bad for tomorrow, I see that Arcadia is not departing this afternoon as planned from Southampton but staying in port for 2 nights until Friday morning.

We didn’t have any trick or treaters last night but on our estate there aren’t many children anymore, all grown up and ‘flown the nest’. Where as down the road on a new estate there are many children and apparently lots of Halloween decorations.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. 

It looks a bit breezy today but I don’t think it’s going to be too bad here compared to down south. Hope you all stay safe and that your homes and cars don’t suffer any damage.

We went to a Halloween party last night at

St Annes Palace

IMG_9909.png

Brilliant I hope you enjoyed yourselves 

• Thanks 1

Very wet overnight but sun has been coming in and out since dawn.  It looks like my train ride is on, some delays in the Clapham Junction area but so far nothing else.  Coming home tomorrow looks like the interesting one. Timetable already altered to one train an hour and one every two hours down to Exeter.  Been informed our tickets have been extended by a day as well.

Having to try to be proactive "just in case".  Debating booking the cheapest hotel we can find near Waterloo just in case but the cheapest seems to be £199 so not too keen on doing that at this stage.  Ironically the heavy rain isn't scheduled until 10.00pm tonight so we might be the earliest to do anything anyway.

• Like 7

Morning.

12C here, with sunny spells, relatively dry day ahead according to forecast, will see, this evening it’s meant to rain and it’s a wet day tomorrow, we appear to have no weather warnings and strongest gusts forecast to be 35 mph.

• Like 5

Well we are on the way to Southampton a day early to avoid travelling tomorrow in the storm. Hellish journey as part of the m6 was closed for an accident and all diversionary routes jammed as well!

We ended up going east and coming down the m1 then a34.

On the bright side the weather has been kind for the journey.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well we are on the way to Southampton a day early to avoid travelling tomorrow in the storm. Hellish journey as part of the m6 was closed for an accident and all diversionary routes jammed as well!

We ended up going east and coming down the m1 then a34.

On the bright side the weather has been kind for the journey.

Take care driving Eglesbrech. Treacherous weather forecast. Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Take care driving Eglesbrech. Treacherous weather forecast. Jane xx

We are out an hour away now so should get in well before the storm sets in. We have packed extra books and cards etc in case we have a day stuck in a room tomorrow.

it may not be as bad as forecast 🤞

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

We are out an hour away now so should get in well before the storm sets in. We have packed extra books and cards etc in case we have a day stuck in a room tomorrow.

it may not be as bad as forecast 🤞

Best wishes for a great cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I live just outside the 'amber warning zone', so hoping to avoid the very worst of the the wind, although there's going to be rain as well.

The amber warning covers most of the south coast - the current models suggest that coastal Sussex and Kent could take a hammering, but it all depends on the track of the storm. 

Have a good cruise Eglesbrech 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

The bbc weather has just been on and for Southampton are forecasting 57mph wind gusts, in their words not exceptional for this time of year. The main problem is northwest France with over 100 mph gusts and the Channel Islands over 90!!

Our friends who are driving home from Italy have just had their Dieppe to Newhaven ferry cancelled.They live in Newhaven,what a bummer.They have just had to pay 180 quid for the Chunnel and have a long drive to Calais.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a good cruise Eglesbrech and I hope the weather is kind for you , good choice coming down early and less stress for you . 

we had a lovely walk down the beach at lunch time , sunny and windy, maybe the calm before the storm 

IMG_4529.jpeg

IMG_4531.jpeg

It was quite pleasant at Gunwharfe, until DW found the Radley shop. When we left She was smiling, I wasn't. 🤣

• Haha 13

Different sort of day for me, up at 05:30 to get to hospital for 07:00, I was in my cabin, sorry I mean room by 07:15. Down to theatre 08:15 woke up 2 1/2 later sporting a new hip joint. Lunch for 12:00 then a little snooze before having x-rays, blood test, physio and the usual blood pressure. Signed off 18:00 and home for 18:45. I am extremely pleased with the whole experience, it was far better than expected and only a dull throb at the moment after pain meds. 

• Like 25