P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Very interesting!  Saga is in deep trouble, and has been for some time.  I suppose this does give them access to the funding to keep them afloat - but at what cost?

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that she doesn't go too far from us. DH has always said that she is exactly like her mother who treated us as extra set of parents who would give her whatever her real parents said no to from the day she was born until the day that she died.

On a positive note Josy she is happy to come to you and more importantly feels secure in your company. You are doing an amazing job supporting them all I am sure they all appreciate it. 

It will mean a lot to your niece that she gets her friend a nice present because their friends are everything to them at that age.

I think you are doing a brilliant job supporting them all

Michelle

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

But all letter post is delivered by Royal Mail, so presumably they must consider this to be profitable enough at the rate they currently charge the other companies, otherwise they wouldn't do it?

They are forced to do it by law as they are deemed to have a dominant position, and they have previously been taken to court over the amounts they wanted to charge their competitors.

Anyway, from my terrace I can see that Marella Explorer, Mein Schiff 1, and Azura are in port today so town is going to be quite busy.

Edited by 9265359

6 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I haven’t seen any posts from Kalos recently I’m sure he’s well and ok and enjoying sun well earned sunshine somewhere 🌞 if so enjoy Mr & Mrs Kalos.

I was only thinking the same thing an hour or so ago…….

Edited by Angel57
  • Like 3

+1 re Kalos and Mrs K. I also was starting to wonder where he was. So, I hope your both alright Mr &Mrs Kalosand having a nice break somewhere.

@Adawn47 Glad to hear Frank is improving Avril. Sorry to hear about the vaping but no doubt you're keeping a very close eye on it!

Haven't these boards been good to read over the last few weeks. The reports from @Selbourne, @Eddie99 and @mrsgoggins have been so interesting. I've really felt like I've been on 3 different cruises - we've got some good scribes on CC.

Have a good day everyone. Jane xx

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Beckett said:

+1 re Kalos and Mrs K. I also was starting to wonder where he was. So, I hope your both alright Mr &Mrs Kalosand having a nice break somewhere.

@Adawn47 Glad to hear Frank is improving Avril. Sorry to hear about the vaping but no doubt you're keeping a very close eye on it!

Haven't these boards been good to read over the last few weeks. The reports from @Selbourne, @Eddie99 and @mrsgoggins have been so interesting. I've really felt like I've been on 3 different cruises - we've got some good scribes on CC.

Have a good day everyone. Jane xx

Ditto, and long may it continue with Selbourne I’m really enjoying his blog and I just wished he had better weather to go with it , I’m sure it will come though.

I look forward to his early hours read for us insomniac’s 😌

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Definitely agree with you about that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Pop them in an envelope, addressed to the company, forget the stamp... hey presto... a point is made!

If you actually want to stop them you just let the Royal Mail know - 

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/293/~/how-do-i-opt-out-of-receiving-any-leaflets-or-unaddressed-promotional-material%3F#:~:text=If you still wish to,address shown on the form.&text=We'll action your request,a period of two years.

• Like 1

*blush* - and thank you!

We’re safely home, unpacked, the first load of washing (of only 2) is on and - most important - I’ve collected the dog from the minder

I promise I will do The Epilogue, as Beckett calls it, tomorrow.  For now it’s feet up and relax (and read Selbourne & MrsGoggins when the day catches up with them

I’ll join everyone hoping that kalos & Mrs kalos are enjoying a break in the sun somewhere lovely 

Also, I’m looking forward to hearing how the Presto’s trip to the Caribbean went.  They’re not even on the plane back yet, so I don’t suppose they’ll be posting till tomorrow 

I

• Like 9

Late night last night, my wife wanted to watch the final of The Traitors which we had recorded, so was after midnight before we got to bed. I was woken up by the post being delivered at 8:20 on a Saturday morning, a couple of magazines we subscribe to, a small package and one standard letter.

15 mins later Tesco turned up with our order, which was due between 9 - 10 am, everything present, although cucumber will be lucky to last 3 days. Not sure where they are coming from, but no longer last a week like they used to.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. However done that... twice... but it makes no difference. However... return junk mail to the same original source a few times and it seems to stop!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Pop them in an envelope, addressed to the company, forget the stamp... hey presto... a point is made!

If you get junk mail with a prepaid return envelope, wait till you have 2. Send junk mail A to junk mail B etc.

• Haha 6

Another early morning, I woke up at 3:40 this morning and couldn't  get back to sleep so at 4:15 I got up and prepared the vegetables for today's lunch and put them in the slow cooker with lamb shanks.

We decided last night that we are going to start looking for a new car even though the one that we have was only bought last September but we both dislike it and have decided that Toyota is to be avoided for us in the future.

DH wants another Mazda because the last 3 were Mazdas and much nicer to drive and more comfortable.  The only reason that we didn't have another Mazda was problems at the dealership but we are going to look at the dealership in Stafford hoping that they are better than the Stoke one.  It seems like a waste of money changing so soon but at the end of the day comfort is important as we get older.

• Like 6

Well after watching the Traitors again this year which was brilliant again, we decided to watch the Australian traitors series 1 last night and got addicted to that and binge watched all until 4 o’clock this morning and having ham rolls at 2.30 we felt like naughty children staying up all night 😂 now been up since 8.30 and watching the Australian men’s tennis final, so next on our list is to watch the second series of Traitors but this time we will do it during the day or over two evenings.

A simple dinner today sausage ,beans & mash which we haven’t had for many moons 

Have a lovely day everyone what ever you’re doing 🌞

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

DH wants another Mazda because the last 3 were Mazdas and much nicer to drive and more comfortable.

A Mazda that is nice to drive and comfortable - must be after an MX5 then. www.mazda.co.uk/cars/mazda-mx-5/ 

Anyway Azura disappeared last night for this week’s circuit of the islands, and there are no other ships in port. Absolutely peaceful sat outside eating breakfast on the terrace overlooking the empty port.

Edited by 9265359
  • Like 2

Morning all. A short message to say that the us Prestos have now arrived home and ate about to attack the unpacking ... groan. Sorry I couldn't post while away but we didn't have a WiFi package.

Anyway wanted to pop in this morning to say that we have had a fabulous time and are pleased to say that the ship and whole experience felt 100 times better than in June. Will catch up on all the posts and write a detailed review once we are all sorted. 

20240126_102943.jpg

20240123_134726.jpg

20240121_175526.jpg

20240118_101711.jpg

20240115_105214.jpg

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well after watching the Traitors again this year which was brilliant again, we decided to watch the Australian traitors series 1 last night and got addicted to that and binge watched all until 4 o’clock this morning and having ham rolls at 2.30 we felt like naughty children staying up all night 😂 now been up since 8.30 and watching the Australian men’s tennis final, so next on our list is to watch the second series of Traitors but this time we will do it during the day or over two evenings.

A simple dinner today sausage ,beans & mash which we haven’t had for many moons 

Have a lovely day everyone what ever you’re doing 🌞

Love The Traitors. Half way through Australian series 2, don't forget US series 1 is on iplayer and series 2 coming soon. Enjoy! 😁