P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

18c and sunny here at the moment. I was speaking to our local farmer yesterday and even though most people are complaining about the weather for farmers this year’s temperatures and regular rainfall is actually ideal growing conditions. He has already got as much silage as last year with probably 2 more cuts to come, so will not have to buy in cattle fodder this winter saving him a lot of money. Could probably do with some dryer sunnier weather now to ripen cereal and fruit crops though. I know that in our garden everything has been growing really well with grass having to be cut more often and shrubs putting on more growth than normal.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 7

Good Morning,

It's very quiet here again this morning.

Bright and sunny again, although still windy, but a pleasant 16c and an expected high of 18c. The wind, I expect will make it feel cooler.

Meeting a couple of friends later for a cuppa and a chat, but as it's dry, have decided to walk as the traffic recently has been horrendous, with traffic queuing on the roundabout to get into town. 

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 6

I was lucky enough not to wake until 7, and it is now a perfect morning, warm and sunny but not  hot, so just making the most of it by doing everything slowly!  I hope something similar applies to the rest of you.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Avril, you could have taken  your curlers out!   At least I had a dressing gown  

☺️😆

You're lucky I even got dressed☺️

Avril

• Haha 12

5 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

18c and sunny here at the moment. I was speaking to our local farmer yesterday and even though most people are complaining about the weather for farmers this year’s temperatures and regular rainfall is actually ideal growing conditions. He has already got as much silage as last year with probably 2 more cuts to come, so will not have to buy in cattle fodder this winter saving him a lot of money. Could probably do with some dryer sunnier weather now to ripen cereal and fruit crops though. I know that in our garden everything has been growing really well with grass having to be cut more often and shrubs putting on more growth than normal.

Some farmers are already on their 3 cuts around here. 

• Like 2

This site is a bit unstable on my iPad this afternoon (kept asking me to log in multiple times, which I didn’t and so waited til now when it seems to be working again!)….

• Like 2

It has been a beautiful day here. We went out to Bridgemere garden centre this morning to buy 2 shrubs to fill a gap where we had removed a bush at the weekend, while we are there we bought some flowering p!ants to fill the pots on the patio so everything looks nice for sitting outside now.

I went to watch a bowls match that my friend was taking part in this afternoon.  It was a strange experience for me because I used to play at the green where my friend was playing and consequently knew everyone from both teams.  It was the perfect afternoon to sit in the shade filling in the score card for my friend.

I hope that you have all had a good day with good weather.

• Like 7

Do you remember a week or so ago when we had that annoying  pop up from an Agent, the name of whom I may not disclose for fear of the naughty step.... well I have been receiving  messages at home now via e mail but have had no dealings with them.  Bit of a coincidence?   

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Angel57 said:

This site is a bit unstable on my iPad this afternoon (kept asking me to log in multiple times, which I didn’t and so waited til now when it seems to be working again!)….

I have been having log in problems too hence my lack of posting over the last few days

Michelle

• Like 3

Morning all,

Back to grey, dull and dismal weather at 16c, but no wind, for a change!

Being taxi today as my daughter and partner are off on holiday and asked if I could give them a lift to the station. 

But no other plans, other than the normal chores. 

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Do you remember a week or so ago when we had that annoying  pop up from an Agent, the name of whom I may not disclose for fear of the naughty step.... well I have been receiving  messages at home now via e mail but have had no dealings with them.  Bit of a coincidence?   

Possibly a scammer trying to hook you in!

11 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Did you ever click on the pop up? If you did I wonder if it grabbed your email address from your cc Profile even though it’s hidden. If the email is genuinely from the agent then you can submit a Data Subject Access Request for all the data they hold on you, this may tell you where they obtained your email address from. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I do indeed recall them. Interestingly I have been doing a large amount of online searches, almost daily at present, for Caribbean land based holidays for the end of 2025 and that company comes up at the top of every search labelled as "Preferred".   Considering I'd never heard of them before I assume one of the websites I have visited (I wonder which ...) has somehow labelled them thus.  Hopefully harmless but annoying.

Morning everyone. It's shaping up to be a nice day here.

I've been up since 4.10am, no clue why, just 'one of those nights' I suppose😏.

I was scrolling through the threads, but couldn't find much to interest me, and for some reason began looking through this thread from page1. I'm up to page 29 now, and it's been fascinating reading them all again, seeing how we all came together, first as a support group, then as virtual friends and our optimism at the begining of lockdown. I shall keep reading until I catch up to today, goodness knows how long it will take. 

Have a good day everyone.x

Avril

• Like 9

You are a determined girl, Avril.  I might have a go at page 1, but doubt I will get far.  But in the middle of the night, if you can manage to be quietly on your own, a trawl through CC can be interesting, I agree.  And sometimes, in my case, if I wake really early, like 1 or 2, a couple of hours trawling, with a cup of tea, can make me able to go back to sleep for a few more hours.

• Like 6

Good morning All. A bit of a rarity for me to post. 

But was sad to read this morning of the passing of the "Godfather of British Blues" John Mayal, aged 90. I have been a blues/rock fan most of my late teen- adult life, and had the privilege of seeing J.M perform live at our local theatre in Dartford a few years ago. My absolute favourites are Eric Clapton, Joe Bonnamassa, BBKing, Jeff Beck, and Gary moore , who i had the pleasure of meeting &driving ( my job wasa chauffeur).Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1