P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

We’ve just heard our monthly gas/electric bill is going up to £390 from October 😳 

Unless things have changed, the energy company will be erring on the side of raking in as much money as possible. I would check the new tariff against what I expect to use, and make sure I agree with their estimate.

• Like 1

Was meant to be dry with sunny spells today, so this morning sanded down garage doors ready for re-staining, nipped inside for a drink and a bite to eat, then  a crack of thunder then a downpour, followed by 3 more short showers, glad I hadn’t started to paint. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

We were paying £140 a month, that went up to £220  a couple of months ago, soon to be £390, I dread to think what it will be if there’s more increases in the new year 🥴

In June, we took out a 2 year fix at £190 per month.  Unit prices are still a bit higher than current variable rate but that will change in our favour come October. It is a crazy situation all round. Utility bills for what we use in our static caravan have to be added to the monthly spend and of course when we are at the caravan, we still use a surprising amount of electricity at home. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

Our small freezer keeps icing up, a problem that keeps reoccurring every 12 months or so, we have had the “heater” part replaced 3 times previously under the extended warranty, the engineer is due tomorrow to look at same fault as we had in late Feb 2021 & in December 2019, both times same part replaced, cost of part, labour & call out all covered under warranty insurance was in excess of £100, the total cost just £50 short of the price we paid for it. For the part to fail again in less than 18 months there must be something causing it to happen. The last 2 times we were on holiday when it completely failed setting of alarm & caused temperature in Freezer to rise, we came home to a freezer full of thawed & very smelly food, this time we are hoping to have caught it before we lose contents. 

We hope the engineer will write off appliance & thus we get a equivalent replacement under the insurance, my wife will be responsible for persuading him. 

12 hours ago, zap99 said:

Thanks.Just around the Bay if Biscay, France and Northern Spain.  A quick 7 days. Next month the med on Britannia.  By November we should know the BoB quite well.

Have a lovely cruise zap look forward to you telling us all about it , hope the sun shines for you 🌞😎

41 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That menu isnt a patch on Princess Crown Grill which is only $29pp.

In Alaska you would get King crab legs and Wild salmon steaks in the MDR and buffet as standard on Princess.On deadliest catch guys died for those.

1 minute ago, Caullkhead said:

Fine here, sunny but windy. Hope everyone’s ok x

I'm here, although I have just dropped by!

I was just going to say the same about the weather.

I have the next four days off work, so hope to get sorted ready to go away at the end of next week.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Very quiet today - something wrong??

Raining here……

Freddie has been disturbed by distant fireworks the last few nights and then last night it was thunder in the distance. We had aircraft from the Bournemouth Air Show flying over (Typhoons Spitfires etc) at the weekend and it didn’t bother him at all. Strange boy!

• Like 2

A lovely day here today.  I now have to stay in while I wait for a call from the hospital to see what I have to do before I go for my annual visit next week, why they couldn't tell me on Friday when they rang to confirm my appointment time I will never understand.

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Very quiet today - something wrong??

I think that now we are over the worst  (hopefully)  of the pandemic, there is not the same need to use this thread for mutual support, morale boosting and general cheering up of people as was the case in the bad old days.

The majority of posts seem to about the weather at the moment, not exactly interesting, so I just scroll by. 

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think that now we are over the worst  (hopefully)  of the pandemic, there is not the same need to use this thread for mutual support, morale boosting and general cheering up of people as was the case in the bad old days.

The majority of posts seem to about the weather at the moment, not exactly interesting, so I just scroll by. 

Lunch today.

IMG_20220905_133648.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Graham's days ( and meals ) out make a pleasant change from the weather posts so I hope he keeps posting.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think that now we are over the worst  (hopefully)  of the pandemic, there is not the same need to use this thread for mutual support, morale boosting and general cheering up of people as was the case in the bad old days.

I hear what you are saying Wowzz and your comments are valid, also hopefully covid is waning but I think some or most of us still  like to pop in here for a bit of a laugh, and a dose of banter, just for a short while each day.

True, we don't need the support we all gave each other during lockdown but it's still nice to pop in.  I think just one thread that goes awry and all over the place is good.

• Like 14