P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

55 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We sail with Celebrity too yet continue to chat with you peasants. 😁 😁😁

751637695_weknow.jpg.f4a1eb5e923f4b0d76bb61d11a34db54.jpg       

:classic_wink::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I love Celebrity too. We were supposed to be on Edge in Feb 22 but they changed the ship to Silhouette. We cancelled and booked Britannia instead. Food on Celebrity is great, they do the best french onion soup ever.

Hope we can sail with them in the future, would like to try Edge 

Michelle 

I know this is the P&O forum but EDGE is our favourite ship ---- just stunning.

Re the Silhouette - have to say she is beautiful too and we sailed on her when she was new.

If we had to rank them EDGE is our favourite and we would probably say Silhouette is classier than Britannia. The again, so are the prices !!

Just been catching up on all the posts. 

Pretty hectic here what with working and now the builders gone, hubby has decided to decorate before we have carpet fitted in less than a week! Have been busy emptying wall units and moving furniture around before and after work. Keep telling myself it will be worth it when it's all done! 

Jane - Glad to hear that you have had a response from MSC.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thank you very much Graham. It's very good news isn't it. They were however very clear that the responsibility did not rest with them, but with the perpetrator, who is now gone. It was not an admission of guilt by the company. The offer was specific in that it was neither a refundable or transferrable amount. The main thing is that, as you say, justice was served. I hope you are both well. Best wishes.  Jane.x 

Thanks Jane.

Can you are your children use the £1000 voucher?

We are having a fantastic time.

I will post pictures later.

Graham x.

We also like Celebrity.  We think that the food in Blu is probably the best that we have had on any cruise line and their speciality restaurants are better than those on P&O.  We also feel that the entertainment is better. 

We used to love P&O but now think that they are moving in a direction that we are less impressed with but their prices are lower and at the end of the day you get what you pay for.  At the moment we will continue to sail with P&O but are starting to feel that we are not the sort of  passengers that P&O want to attract.  We think that we will probably only cruise with P&O during the winter when there is less choice out of Southampton because we no longer fly.  We currently have 3 cruises booked and none are with P&O.

This board is far more friendly than Princess and Celebrity boards ☺️

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We also like Celebrity.  We think that the food in Blu is probably the best that we have had on any cruise line and their speciality restaurants are better than those on P&O.  We also feel that the entertainment is better. 

We used to love P&O but now think that they are moving in a direction that we are less impressed with but their prices are lower and at the end of the day you get what you pay for.  At the moment we will continue to sail with P&O but are starting to feel that we are not the sort of  passengers that P&O want to attract.  We think that we will probably only cruise with P&O during the winter when there is less choice out of Southampton because we no longer fly.  We currently have 3 cruises booked and none are with P&O.

This board is far more friendly than Princess and Celebrity boards ☺️

I agree.

The first time I posted on Princess I was asked ?? What you doing on here?

With satisfaction I let them know we were Princess Elite loyalty.😇😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you prayers 🙏 for your mam.

Take care.

Graham.

Thank you graham very much appreciate that , we are feeling really guilty about going away but been told to by all the family to go and have a rest  , it’s been a long 3 years looking after her and the last 5 months extremely hard 24/7 days a week , I feel I’m at melting point at the moment but all you guys on here keep me strong , I know you and Pauline have gone through this and many others on here  , I lost my mum 16 year’s ago but been looking after my mother in-law intensely for the last 10 years , it’s hard but I do it out of love  we all know when our parents get older things happen and we wait until it does , as long as they are not in pain . 

Any way enough of my thoughts, I hope your enjoying your cruise waiting to see your next offering of dinner and the lovely photos of Pauline, I will try and post some of our meal times but it is on princess my first time, I will try and stuff my self rotten and drink plenty (all paid for ) 😁 and come back bloated for weeks. Thank you everyone for your kind messages 

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you graham very much appreciate that , we are feeling really guilty about going away but been told to by all the family to go and have a rest  , it’s been a long 3 years looking after her and the last 5 months extremely hard 24/7 days a week , I feel I’m at melting point at the moment but all you guys on here keep me strong , I know you and Pauline have gone through this and many others on here  , I lost my mum 16 year’s ago but been looking after my mother in-law intensely for the last 10 years , it’s hard but I do it out of love  we all know when our parents get older things happen and we wait until it does , as long as they are not in pain . 

Any way enough of my thoughts, I hope your enjoying your cruise waiting to see your next offering of dinner and the lovely photos of Pauline, I will try and post some of our meal times but it is on princess my first time, I will try and stuff my self rotten and drink plenty (all paid for ) 😁 and come back bloated for weeks. Thank you everyone for your kind messages 

Take care and have a fantastic cruise.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We sail with Celebrity too yet continue to chat with you peasants. 😁 😁😁

Love both lines - both have their own character ... and we miss both 😞

We quite like their pool towels. They look good in our bathroom.🤣

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

The first time I posted on Princess I was asked ?? What you doing on here?

With satisfaction I let them know we were Princess Elite loyalty.😇😃

We're Elite on Celebrity. Forget what I said about the pool towels🤔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No problem.

We got some Royal Caribbean Blue crown and anchor society loyalty pool towels but gave them to our Sarah.

We are in the Barcelo loyalty scheme. At the hotel in Tenerife they had nice grey pool towels, a bit smaller than Celebrities. We asked the Lady at reception if we could buy two. She went away and came back with 2 in their original bags. The Manager said ' It's too difficult to sell them, so here are 2 with our compliments. Thanks for your honesty'. Seems honestly can pay.🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Tonight's meal😋

IMG_20210916_194208.jpg

I've had the exact same plate many times!  I just wanted to ask though is steak back on the 'always available' section?  When we travelled on Britannia earlier in the summer I'm sure it was only chicken or salmon.

Hope you're having a wonderful time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Tonight's meal😋

IMG_20210916_194208.jpg

OMG, green beans, with Brocolli? I thought P&O had cornered the market with green beans as they seem to be the main vegetable with every meal. IMO the colour of the vegetable choices should be different. That broccoli should have been cauliflower. I always try to have different coloured veg as for me it makes the meal more appetising. I wonder if P&O would beat this one. Our staff restaurant once had fish and chips on the menu, the only veg on offer was Brussels Sprouts. SPROUTS, you have got to be joking, fishnchips need peas or baked beans, even cold baked beans are good!

for steak? chips or a nice side salad

Edited by davecttr

Well today hasn't got of to a good start. Washing machine broke down on Monday, full of wet dirty washing. Managed to get through to the insurance company and after two calls and a ringback  earliest could book a repair for was for today. Engineer's been and machine can't be fixed,  so now waiting for a call for them to arrange for a new machine, which should be within two working days.

We decided to go for a walk and popped by our local cemetery where one

of  our family is laid to rest . Late last week we put some flowers in the pots

only to find the flower heads had been snapped  off and some nearby had the

same treatment or had the flower pot tops used as frisbiees .We have replaced

our flowers but cannot help wonder what goes through the morons head that

does this sort of thing . Thankfully it is not a common occurrence so we hope

it stays that way

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Had to pop into The Range today. 

Christmas Trees on sale! Aaaaaaaargh!

Who on earth decides they must buy a Christmas Tree in the middle of September ?

This’ll cheer you up wowzz:

Ever dreamed of a TV channel that plays Christmas films on a loop 24/7? Well, that dream is set to become a reality and it’s set to arrive later this month.

GREAT! Movies Christmas will no doubt get us all in the festive spirit when it debuts on September 23 as it promises to play all the classics from Elf, Home Alone, and The Grinch.

The channel, which will be available for free on Freeview, Sky, Virgin and Freesat, is temporarily taking over GREAT! Movies Classic and will be ramping up the yuletide content until January 4.

Besides airing the golden oldies, new exclusives are also on the line-up, including A Christmas Melody, Just In Time For Christmas, Call Me Claus, and Crazy For Christmas.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We decided to go for a walk and popped by our local cemetery where one

of  our family is laid to rest . Late last week we put some flowers in the pots

only to find the flower heads had been snapped  off and some nearby had the

same treatment or had the flower pot tops used as frisbiees .We have replaced

our flowers but cannot help wonder what goes through the morons head that

does this sort of thing . Thankfully it is not a common occurrence so we hope

it stays that way

Actually Kalos,  I used to think the same as you until one day I actually

saw magpies doing exactly what you described.  Squirrels also love

flower heads especially if seeded, so now I chase them off but obviously

does not do much good!  For some reason they love carnations best.

Terri

• Like 2