P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I watched that on Monday. Love Playa Blanca, like you say it looked quiet. 
Michelle 

I went to Playa Blanca once, many, many years ago. There was nothing there apart from beaches. No hotels, no apartments, nada...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I know this is the P&O forum but EDGE is our favourite ship ---- just stunning.

Re the Silhouette - have to say she is beautiful too and we sailed on her when she was new.

If we had to rank them EDGE is our favourite and we would probably say Silhouette is classier than Britannia. The again, so are the prices !!

I don't doubt that she is beautiful inside, Celebrity ships normally are. But so ugly on the outside...

Just now, Britboys said:

I went to Playa Blanca once, many, many years ago. There was nothing there apart from beaches. No hotels, no apartments, nada...

Sounds like our first trip there, around the mid 1980's. 

The following year we went to Fuerteventura - no airport in those days. You drove your Seat onto the "landing craft" at PB, and prayed for good weather!

• Like 1

This is the letter that David received from the doctor today.  It is the results of a blood test that he had a few weeks ago, they had already reviewed the results with him over the phone.  We are still rolling around the floor laughing at this letter😂😂😂😂

20210917_144608.jpg

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

This is the letter that David received from the doctor today.  It is the results of a blood test that he had a few weeks ago, they had already reviewed the results with him over the phone.  We are still rolling around the floor laughing at this letter😂😂😂😂

Sadly, after having spent over 13 years working in the NHS, I do still wonder that some things never change....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

20210917_144608.jpg

Perhaps there is something in David's past that he hasn't shared with you. Has he always been ' David ?'.🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps there is something in David's past that he hasn't shared with you. Has he always been ' David ?'.🤣

I met him when he was only 13 years old so it is highly unlikely that he was a Davina before that. 🤣

Edited by Josy1953
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

I don't doubt that she is beautiful inside, Celebrity ships normally are. But so ugly on the outside...

The EDGE is just that -- the orange platform on the side that doubles up as a restaurant, bar or jetty for the tenders called the Magic Carpet looks horrible from the outside, but it is awesome once on board 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

20210917_144608.jpg

Only in Stoke on Trent ...............

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

we are feeling really guilty about going away but been told to by all the family to go and have a rest  , it’s been a long 3 years looking after her and the last 5 months extremely hard 24/7 days a week , I feel I’m at melting point at the moment but all you guys on here keep me strong , I know you and Pauline have gone through this and many others on here  , I lost my mum 16 year’s ago but been looking after my mother in-law intensely for the last 10 years , it’s hard but I do it out of love  we all know when our parents get older things happen and we wait until it does , as long as they are not in pain . 

I've just read your post Purdey, I understand and want to ease your feelings of guilt.

When dad died, we bought mum to live with us. She was 83, partially sighted, having mini strokes, and I gave up my job to look after her full time. The shock and sadness of losing dad, looking after mum 24/7 and the constant worry and stress of making sure she was alright took it's toll. Frank was working 45/50 hrs a week and my only sister lived in Cheshire , so I was basically on my own. 

To be able to care for mum as I was, I needed to rest and recharge, but my main worry was that if anything happened while I was away, I would never forgive myself. Talking to my doctor, she gave me some advice I want to pass on to you. 

Whatever happens is going to happen regardless of where you are in the world, and being constantly at her side won't change the outcome. Not matter where you are, you can always get home, and still the outcome will be the same. You can't put your own health at risk on 'what if's'.

I know it may seem cold and unfeeling, but after thinking about, it was sound advice. I took her advice and my sister and BIL would come  for 3 weeks every year so we could go away. It was the best medicine for me and helped me cope much better.

I know it's a long-winded tale Purdey, but forget home and all the stress, have a really relaxing, guilt-free cruise and come back refreshed, you've earned it. Cheers🥂

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

20210917_144608.jpg

Somebody didn’t verify the content before it went out.

I did the course last year via Teams, found it very useful, managed to lose 9.5kg in the last 12 months just by slight changes to diet, keeping hydrated and more exercise, feel a lot better for it. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Somebody didn’t verify the content before it went out.

I did the course last year via Teams, found it very useful, managed to lose 9.5kg in the last 12 months just by slight changes to diet, keeping hydrated and more exercise, feel a lot better for it. 

I don't think that David will be taking up the offer to take the course.  He is currently at slightly below his ideal weight, he walks a minimum of 5 miles every day, we follow the dietary advice that he was given by the dietician after his surgery except on special occasions.  He does have heart problems but not caused through lifestyle but by having the misfortune to have been born with heart valve deformities and the surgery that he had was not 100% sucessful. 

He has spoken to the surgery this afternoon and one of the doctors called back to tell him that the letter was a mistake and that he has looked at David's recent test results and check ups and there is no cause for concern since his condition is being controlled by his current medication and diet.

We are just glad to have had a good laugh when most of the time we worry about him catching covid because he is considered to be vulnerable.

My niece has offered to be the Godmother to his baby when it is born 😂😂😂😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Waju said:

I've had the exact same plate many times!  I just wanted to ask though is steak back on the 'always available' section?  When we travelled on Britannia earlier in the summer I'm sure it was only chicken or salmon.

Hope you're having a wonderful time. 

Not on Britannia 22-26 August or on Iona this last week.

We had a fantastic time on Iona.

We loved the ship.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Not on Britannia 22-26 August or on Iona this last week.

We had a fantastic time on Iona.

We loved the ship.

I saw you very briefly a couple of days ago, you were getting out of a lift as we were getting in another. Our paths never crossed again !   Loved the ship and great weather.

• Like 1

Morning all, I’ve been reading the posts earlier in bed but as I was on my phone I still can’t respond! On my iPad now - 

Jane, so pleased to hear you got a reply from MSC  and the man was, rightly, sacked.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the booster jab etc. Unfortunately I’m not surprised.

Quiet day here today as John is at work, he’s off tomorrow and it’s our wedding anniversary so will be quite busy. Have a good weekend everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just read your post Purdey, I understand and want to ease your feelings of guilt.

When dad died, we bought mum to live with us. She was 83, partially sighted, having mini strokes, and I gave up my job to look after her full time. The shock and sadness of losing dad, looking after mum 24/7 and the constant worry and stress of making sure she was alright took it's toll. Frank was working 45/50 hrs a week and my only sister lived in Cheshire , so I was basically on my own. 

To be able to care for mum as I was, I needed to rest and recharge, but my main worry was that if anything happened while I was away, I would never forgive myself. Talking to my doctor, she gave me some advice I want to pass on to you. 

Whatever happens is going to happen regardless of where you are in the world, and being constantly at her side won't change the outcome. Not matter where you are, you can always get home, and still the outcome will be the same. You can't put your own health at risk on 'what if's'.

I know it may seem cold and unfeeling, but after thinking about, it was sound advice. I took her advice and my sister and BIL would come  for 3 weeks every year so we could go away. It was the best medicine for me and helped me cope much better.

I know it's a long-winded tale Purdey, but forget home and all the stress, have a really relaxing, guilt-free cruise and come back refreshed, you've earned it. Cheers🥂

Avril

Brilliant post Avril. 

@Purdey16, I really hope you can relax and enjoy your cruise, you have certainly earned it.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Thanks 1