P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Graham - lovely photos,  and glad you had a good time.

Two observations:

I would not want to be in one of those cabins adjoining the promenade,  and secondly you were lucky that the ship was only half full. 

I wonder how popular those cabins will be,  I know that we wouldn't  book one because we like to sit and read on our balcony and the thought of people walking past  would put me off sitting outside.  I am strange in that I never want to be distracted when I am reading, you will never catch me sitting reading in any of the public spaces on a ship.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Quiet day here today as John is at work, he’s off tomorrow and it’s our wedding anniversary so will be quite busy. Have a good weekend everyone.

Morning Sue, and Happy Wedding Anniversary to you both.🥂 I hope you have a wonderful day and a fun evening at your friend's surprise 60th birthday party. A double celebration.

Avril

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Beckett said:

Graham - fabulous photos of you both as always. Pauline looks so elegant in her black ( or navy?) cocktail dress. I must say I think Iona looks very impressive and I'll be very tempted to book a cruise on her in the future. Glad you had a great time. Best wishes. Jane.x 

Thanks Jane.

Pauline brings a different cocktail dress for every night.

Graham x 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Graham - lovely photos,  and glad you had a good time.

Two observations:

I would not want to be in one of those cabins adjoining the promenade,  and secondly you were lucky that the ship was only half full. 

Thanks Wowzz.

The promenade walkway rises up a few feet near the front and I agree we would not want those balcony cabins.

There are 3 main restaurants 

Opal,Pearl and Aqua plus Sindhu, the British pub,fish and chips,Asian and American eateries and Horizon buffet covered over half of deck 16 on both sides including the glass house so there is lots of space and seats for eating and everywhere was quiet even with 2400 passengers.

We were in Epicurean 4 night's which was excellent.

The app worked very well plus we could access My Account on our cabin TV.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

Morning everyone, hope you are all well today.

Well we set off across to Yorkshire from home this morning leaving sun & blue skies, arrived over here to clouds and rain.

We are over to watch youngest play football then spend some time with them all & have tea before setting off home.

Lovely photos Graham, Pauline looks very elegant. Sounds like you had a lovely time on your cruise.

Congratulations to everyone who had birthdays/ anniversaries, apologies if I missed saying it to you all individually.

Keep safe everyone 

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Well we set off across to Yorkshire from home this morning l

I hope you have a nice day too in our moist and pleasant land .:classic_love:

CLTmPh9WsAApd5P.jpg.8bbba4b015354aa2f3c36e2dd8ae3d6a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope you have a nice day too in our moist and pleasant land .:classic_love:

CLTmPh9WsAApd5P.jpg.8bbba4b015354aa2f3c36e2dd8ae3d6a.jpg

Hahaha that made me laugh!!! I am a Yorkshire lass really, born in Bradford just defected to Lancashire in 2018

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Wowzz.

The promenade walkway rises up a few feet near the front and I agree we would not want those balcony cabins.

Opal,Pearl and Aqua plus Sindhu, the British pub,fish and chips,Asian and American eateries and Horizon buffet covered over half of deck 16 on both sides including the glass house so there is lots of space and seats for eating and everywhere was quiet even with 2400 passengers.

Graham.

Don't forget Coral MDR on deck 7. The Glass House is on deck 7 and the Keel & Cow gastropub on deck 8. Both have substantial areas for both eating and drinking which is welcome. The Beach House is on deck 16 in the forward part of the buffet starboard side. It has expanded to the port side due to social distancing. I notice the Beach house is used for the Captains Table on Celebration night because there is no suitable space in the Glass House. Maybe they will move it to one of the smaller MDR's in more normal times. The Beach House was popular pre COVID on formal nights as it was informal.

I think they should be pricing those cabins on the prom deck as insides because if you want any privacy you need to keep the curtains closed. They could be classed ocean views if mirror glass is installed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Wowzz.

Graham.

We enjoyed the diverse choice of dining and entertainment venues. 

Did you see my earlier post re seeing you briefly ?

Edited by bobstheboy
Typo
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I think they should be pricing those cabins on the prom deck as insides because if you want any privacy you need to keep the curtains closed. They could be classed ocean views if mirror glass is installed.

Yeah but some people don't mind exhibiting things,if you know what I mean.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Tom Fletcher all the way for me (big McFly fan). I was interested to see Tilly Ramsay as well but after the first group dance I'm not so sure.

I agree about Tom Fletcher. Tilly mentioned her Dad too many times for my liking!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Well we set off across to Yorkshire from home this morning leaving sun & blue skies, arrived over here to clouds and rain.

We are over to watch youngest play football then spend some time with them all & have tea before setting off home.

Lovely photos Graham, Pauline looks very elegant. Sounds like you had a lovely time on your cruise.

Congratulations to everyone who had birthdays/ anniversaries, apologies if I missed saying it to you all individually.

Keep safe everyone 

Michelle

Thanks Michelle.

I hope your youngest has a good game and his team win.

Take care.

Graham.

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

We enjoyed the diverse choice of dining and entertainment venues. 

Did you see my earlier post re seeing you briefly ?

Just checked back Bob.

Shame we hadn't had the chance to speak.

Pleased you had a great time.

We loved the ship and it is at the top of our favourite ships.

Graham.

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Don't forget Coral MDR on deck 7. The Glass House is on deck 7 and the Keel & Cow gastropub on deck 8. Both have substantial areas for both eating and drinking which is welcome. The Beach House is on deck 16 in the forward part of the buffet starboard side. It has expanded to the port side due to social distancing. I notice the Beach house is used for the Captains Table on Celebration night because there is no suitable space in the Glass House. Maybe they will move it to one of the smaller MDR's in more normal times. The Beach House was popular pre COVID on formal nights as it was informal.

Thanks.

I meant CORAL not OPAL restaurant.

We were in Coral on 3 nights and 6 lunchtimes.

We rarely ventured into the Horizon buffet and yes it was Beach house and not Glass house on Deck 16.

We had room service breakfast every morning.

There was a £2.50 service charge for this and there was no hot items to eat or drink.

Graham.

IMG_20210915_223717.jpg

Edited by grapau27

Hello all, thanks for the anniversary wishes, I’m sure I’m not old enough to be married for 34 years! We’re just resting now after a lovely Sunday lunch out before we go to the party.

A couple of pics for you

DA0E3C11-6E49-4D65-83EF-88C0923DDF48.jpeg

01855245-68EF-4408-AE51-701A4F90F815.jpeg

45A7A552-9782-49D4-8A93-0C92DA578EC4.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 13