P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning bro. Everything still alright in your adopted land? 

Although I'm grateful for you and your 'friends' kind offer, I'm afraid I must unfortunately decline. Apart from the issues regarding the exporting of fish, 🐙 from the EU to the UK there is also the problem of storage once here, so thanks, but no thanks (I'm no sucker)😉

On the other hand, the arrangment for delivery of a some calamari rings from your local restaurant would be worth a squid or two😁

Take care bro

Sis

You know what they say sis,don't look a seahorse in the mouth.I have a seafood platter now and then and includes octopus and squid.I think the octopus is more tender.They also do cuttlefish,but they should save that for the budgies.Flying home for 10 days this weekend to sort out the BIL with his flat refurb.It's been 30 plus every day so far.Going out for some garlic,toms and chilli mussels tonight with a marinara pizza to dip in,lovely jubbly,bro.

• Like 2

Good morning all, I've just caught up with everything having not checked in for a while. I've been working long hours and Michelle has broken a toe (tripped over a pesky settee, I promise it was in the same place it always is and I hadn't moved it) so things have been extra busy on the home front too. 

We're still keeping ourselves to ourselves mostly but we've been to a couple of rugby matches and last week I made my first working day trip to London since 2018. The new office in Lime Street is fantastic and I needn't have been nervous about the travel as the trains weren't too busy. It was great to meet "Zoom" colleagues in person as well.

Our son has just started high school and we're proud of how he is coping. There are 240 children in year 7 which I was shocked to hear but apparently that's normal these days.

Thanks for all the cruise reports (great pictures as always Graham) and I'm pleased for Jane receiving an apology and compensation from MSC. For what it's worth I would definitely use that voucher somehow. Any cruise is better than no cruise, right?

I hope that Jean's husband is on the mend and Purdey is having a fabulous, well deserved cruise.

Belated congratulations Sue on your wedding anniversary too.

I've now a few days off to relax and celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary (today). We've started with a takeaway breakfast and are looking forward to a meal at one of our local Italian restaurants later.

All the best everyone.

Damian

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Good morning all, I've just caught up with everything having not checked in for a while. I've been working long hours and Michelle has broken a toe (tripped over a pesky settee, I promise it was in the same place it always is and I hadn't moved it) so things have been extra busy on the home front too. 

We're still keeping ourselves to ourselves mostly but we've been to a couple of rugby matches and last week I made my first working day trip to London since 2018. The new office in Lime Street is fantastic and I needn't have been nervous about the travel as the trains weren't too busy. It was great to meet "Zoom" colleagues in person as well.

Our son has just started high school and we're proud of how he is coping. There are 240 children in year 7 which I was shocked to hear but apparently that's normal these days.

Thanks for all the cruise reports (great pictures as always Graham) and I'm pleased for Jane receiving an apology and compensation from MSC. For what it's worth I would definitely use that voucher somehow. Any cruise is better than no cruise, right?

I hope that Jean's husband is on the mend and Purdey is having a fabulous, well deserved cruise.

I've now a few days off to relax and celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary (today). We've started with a takeaway breakfast and are looking forward to a meal at one of our local Italian restaurants later.

All the best everyone.

Damian

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Congrats mate,I'll be thinking of you eating my mussels tonight.

• Thanks 1

It is my kind of day today bright and fresh. I thought a bit of a sit out but sadly patio cleaners also thought this was a nice day and I am indoors with the sound of a turbo charged professional karcher machine ringing in my ears. 

No matter despite the shelves in the local coop store being 3/4 empty it seems this week no-one likes Norfolk sausages so 5 reduced packs are with me as they have reduced them 4 times and no takers. I'm also using next doors allotment surplus offerings along with them in a major slow cooker spree helping keep the freezer stocked. We used to be able to donate cooked meals to the food bank but that got stopped unsure why or the results would have been going there. Sausages of no use to them the Coop man said as out of date today.

Not heard from SSE re electricity supply so as of now I seem OK. Hope everyone gets their sorted it but no doubt it will be at a much higher cost. 

52 minutes ago, DamianG said:

All the best everyone.

Damian

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Thanks Damian.

Happy 20th wedding anniversary to you both.

Best wishes to Michelle for a quick recovery from her broken toe and we'll done to your son too for coping admirably at high school 

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210822_162032.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Started out sunny here but cloudy now. There doesn't seem to be shortages in t'Asda or Aldi, but I recon it will only be cummer inners that are panic buying as us true Yorkshire men don't spend more than we need to and buying of any kind needs much consideration.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

All the best everyone.

Damian

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Lovely to hear from you Damian and Happy Anniversary! 

Edited by Ardennais
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DamianG said:

All the best everyone.

Damian

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

A very Happy 20th Anniversary Damian and Michelle🥂

Avril

• Thanks 1

Finally after an hour of trying to post, success! 

Been a busy day so far, firstly visit from company for a quote for new front & back door, contacted 3 companies they were the only ones to replay, door design & colour chosen, quote of £3,500 to include doors, frame and glass side window all in 30 mins. No idea whether this is competitive or not as others not responded.

That telephone appointment with Physio, to go through how exercises are going in respect of shoulder, plus she has put together a plan for physio on my neck following out face to face session a few weeks ago, I am to expect some equipment & instructions to be delivered in next few days. 

Storage bags for garden canes arrived so no more canes falling over in garage all will be bagged and hung from wall., garage getting tidier and less cluttered. 

I was reminded this morning that this was only the second September since we got married in 2007 that we haven’t been away on holiday, usually we are away in France or Spain at this time of the year. 

• Like 3

To Damian and Michelle to wish you a very happy anniversary and congrats to your lovely lad for coping well in what must be a horribly scary new environment.  Have a lovely celebratory dinner tonight and Michelle, numb the pain with alcohol if you can.  Enjoy.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

PS  Thanks Damian for your mention of my MSC reply - that was so kind of you to remember.  All my family and friends are saying "use it, don't lose it" too but I'm still unsure.  Never say never!  Jane.x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DamianG said:

All the best everyone.

Damian

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Wishing you both a wonderful anniversary! 🥂🎉

• Thanks 1

Hope all goes well tomorrow, Graham.

Also, congratulations to Damian and Michelle your your 20th wedding anniversary.

We’ve been to Canterbury today. We had lunch at Pizza Express, and then went to the theatre - our first time in 22 months! We saw 9 to 5 The Musical. Booked before Covid at rescheduled twice.  The show was great, and we really enjoyed it. However, it was a bit disappointing that only about 30% of the audience were wearing masks.

A3E173CA-5E70-4F44-84CF-36C35082BF63.jpeg

6FBD53E9-A3EE-48EC-95FB-B0D2D0ECD9DF.jpeg

C404122C-6000-4E8F-97DE-44FC5A9F4EB1.jpeg

9912FEFB-1D95-4153-BB95-784B8E1940C5.jpeg

947C3CE5-8B80-47E9-8BDA-7EF784C4994E.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2